Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2021 13:16
Some chatter on MVS being elevated back to the roster with the Davante news, but I also wonder if this is the week they might re-activate Dominique Dafney. He and Deguara are seemingly very similar, but they definitely used Dafney more as a true FB earlier in the season with a lot of success. Running the ball against Arizona could be a big key to the game, so to me, it makes sense that they would favor Dafney to Deguara in many of their looks, but we'll see.
Cards are averaging giving up over 100 yards on the ground a game. This is def the week to play some keep away and pound the rock.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
26 Oct 2021 13:52
Any tweets/coverage on what Bahk is doing this week?

I mean, I remember this past summer there were several informed posters insisting the recovery time for an ACL injury wasn't what it used to be. Well here we are, 10 mo (and counting) later and he still hasn't been activated. Either this medical staff truly is cripplingly safe when it comes to medical decisions or ACL injuries actually do take upwards of 10-12 mo recovery time.
I think [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] was the loudest voice in all of that. He's not wrong. A couple of things have worked against a speedier recovery. First, the need to free up his roster spot early in the season meant staying on PUP rather than an active roster spot. There probably is some conservatism there, too, but generally, I think they felt he needed another couple of weeks to a month before playing NFL football and it was easier with roster constraints to just rule him out the first 6. The second thing is the schedule. Coming back to practice, we should have never expected him to be rushed onto the field with one week of practice. Next game, short week on the road... that doesn't make sense, either. I think if this game were on Sunday he would be playing. I will be shocked if he isn't in the starting line-up in Kansas City.

I would also appreciate it if the Packers, organizationally, would just come out and say, "Yeah, we're playing it safe... don't expect to see him until November." I think that is a big part of the frustration is just being on the edge of your seat week in/week out.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Did I also hear that there are no actual practices this week?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 14:06
NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2021 13:16
Some chatter on MVS being elevated back to the roster with the Davante news, but I also wonder if this is the week they might re-activate Dominique Dafney. He and Deguara are seemingly very similar, but they definitely used Dafney more as a true FB earlier in the season with a lot of success. Running the ball against Arizona could be a big key to the game, so to me, it makes sense that they would favor Dafney to Deguara in many of their looks, but we'll see.
Cards are averaging giving up over 100 yards on the ground a game. This is def the week to play some keep away and pound the rock.
Ive watched most of their games that didnt conflict with ours because I had Nuk (traded) and AJ Green in fantasy. The game that sticks out was against the Jags. They started off pretty balanced but it was when they passed they got in trouble. At some point after the half they just ran every down.

Had to double check. So yeah 1st drive out of half 3 dropbacks, 1 QP run and 2 incompletes and they punted. Next drive they ran 8 straight times, no passes and scored a TD. Next drive they run once for 4 yards and pass twice to end up punting.

The key here is running the ball. No doubt about it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 14:21
You are correct. Too short of a week. Don't think they'll ever touch the field. Recovery, meetings, film study.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
26 Oct 2021 14:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
You are correct. Too short of a week. Don't think they'll ever touch the field. Recovery, meetings, film study.
Walk through. That's as close as they'll get.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
paco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Walk through. That's as close as they'll get.
Ya, so probably bad timing with the Arizona game being on a Thursday and Bakhtiari returning.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Any word yet on who will call defensive plays?

Wonder if the possibility came up of Hackett calling the plays on O and LaFleur doing D.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 15:03

Wonder if the possibility came up of Hackett calling the plays on O and LaFleur doing D.
Have to assume its Mike Smith and/or Jerry Gray. Jerry has D-Coord experience.
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

No Lazard now either. I think MVS might need to go. Run the rock boys. Use those backs.....all of them

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:

Has anything in Lafleurs background indicated he would be prepared to call all the defensive plays? I figured it would be the one with past experience calling defensive plays...Jerry Gray.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

EQ is going to be a freakin' hero in this game with no Adams, Taylor, or Lazard!
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
26 Oct 2021 14:12
I would also appreciate it if the Packers, organizationally, would just come out and say, "Yeah, we're playing it safe... don't expect to see him until November." I think that is a big part of the frustration is just being on the edge of your seat week in/week out.
Couple of legit reasons why they shouldn't/ wouldn't do this.
First - they don't actually know. Each player and injury is different and there is no upside to prognosticating.
Second - no reason to share any info with upcoming opponents. We see this weekly where HCs fiddle with the injury report to mess with their opponents preparation

The Packers are just like the Corleone's ( and I applaud it ) :

"Never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking"
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 15:06
BF004 wrote:

Has anything in Lafleurs background indicated he would be prepared to call all the defensive plays? I figured it would be the one with past experience calling defensive plays...Jerry Gray.
As the head coach, I would hope he knows the defensive scheme and philosophy better than anyone other than Joe Barry.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I want to see a play with Cobb, Amari, Jones, Dillon, and Hill all on the field at the same time.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I expect that MVS will be activated from IR and play and they call up Winfree.

MVS/EQ outside, Cobb and Amari inside. Winfree wherever. Still have 3 TE's to throw the ball to along with Jones and Dillon. In any case, this should be more of a running game anyway. Just hoping this is it and no one else goes on the list tomorrow.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 15:10
Drj820 wrote:
26 Oct 2021 15:06
BF004 wrote:

As the head coach, I would hope he knows the defensive scheme and philosophy better than anyone other than Joe Barry.
Interesting. I would think Lafleur came into the job with a vision, philosophy, and doctrine related to defense that he wanted to see executed...but that a former DC and lifelong defensive coach would be more qualified to call the every down plays during the game Thursday

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I want to see these. 1 = smashy smashy. 2 = :idn:
image.png
image.png (2.56 KiB) Viewed 308 times
image.png
image.png (2.46 KiB) Viewed 308 times
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions: