Davante Adams to COVID List

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Guess he didn’t do a good enough job washing his butt.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Insanity.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Adams update.

The gist, Adams has to get a negative test result today and tomorrow. Both in Green Bay. If that happens, has to fly privately tomorrow to join the team (obviously since team is leaving for Arizona now). So slimmest of chances, but doubtful.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Do we know if he got a negative yesterday or today? Those tests are usually pretty quick. Air Force doctors usually get results in a couple hours and theyre incompetent.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:41
Do we know if he got a negative yesterday or today? Those tests are usually pretty quick. Air Force doctors usually get results in a couple hours and theyre incompetent.
My guess is we will only find this out if he gets two negatives and he is on a plane tomorrow.

Otherwise I bet this doesn't get disclosed but we will know the results because he isn't in Glendale.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:41
There are different tests. The PCR test needs to be sent to a lab, though I am unsure the turn around with the NFL since they conduct so many (might have a special contract with a lab to get results quicker than the 2-3 days it takes for the rest of us). There are also antigen tests that get results between 15 min and an hour depending on the exact type.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

These are PCR tests administered by BioReference Labs- the NFL's chosen partner for this effort
They can turn them around in plenty of time for Adams to get on a plane IF he passes 2 of them. The players all got tested prior to the Wash game and the results came out on Monday morning. So Adams needs to have a Tues negative and a Weds negative to play on Thursday night

He'd need the results by 12 noon Central ( no problem) to make it to AZ by 2pm local time for a 5:30 pm kick off. Not sure we'll hear anything, but if you see a private plane dispatched from Austin Straubel to Phoenix Sky Harbor tomorrow, you''ll have your answer. :aok:

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KGRB
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

interesting twist...I was reading the NFL rules on COVID testing and noted this section below

++ Confirmatory Testing: If a player, with no known history of COVID infection (based on a documented PCR test) receives a new positive test result and is asymptomatic then that individual shall receive two confirmatory tests on the day following the positive test result. The tested individual is immediately placed on the COVID IR list and must remain out of the facility and isolate at home until the confirmatory test results return. If both confirmatory tests are negative, then the individual is not considered COVID positive and may resume all normal activity, including access to the facility."

Interesting to note that it isn't 2 consecutive negative tests on 2 separate days, but rather 2 negative tests on one day, immediately following the positive result. (Unless I am misunderstanding that blurb)

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafe ... fact-sheet
IT. IS. TIME

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BSA wrote:
27 Oct 2021 18:18
interesting twist...I was reading the NFL rules on COVID testing and noted this section below

++ Confirmatory Testing: If a player, with no known history of COVID infection (based on a documented PCR test) receives a new positive test result and is asymptomatic then that individual shall receive two confirmatory tests on the day following the positive test result. The tested individual is immediately placed on the COVID IR list and must remain out of the facility and isolate at home until the confirmatory test results return. If both confirmatory tests are negative, then the individual is not considered COVID positive and may resume all normal activity, including access to the facility."

Interesting to note that it isn't 2 consecutive negative tests on 2 separate days, but rather 2 negative tests on one day, immediately following the positive result. (Unless I am misunderstanding that blurb)

I wonder if it is 2 negatives tests 24 hours apart if one of those 2 immediate tests was positive.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BSA wrote:
27 Oct 2021 18:18

This sure sounds like a measure to guard against the possibility of a false positive. With Lazard still a “close contact” and with no news that Adams is off the covid list...i would assume he was confirmed positive
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

I'll let you know for sure in a couple of hours.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's sort of funny watching, like, the weird hybrid of denial and hope that has gone into this.

Like, the reports were basically "he tested positive and will almost definitely miss the game" and Packers fans went full Dumb and Dumber (no offense, just a reference)
image.png
image.png (298.69 KiB) Viewed 288 times

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Oct 2021 09:03
It's sort of funny watching, like, the weird hybrid of denial and hope that has gone into this.

Like, the reports were basically "he tested positive and will almost definitely miss the game" and Packers fans went full Dumb and Dumber (no offense, just a reference)
image.png
I have seen a few (and I mean, a few) in the media do a good job explaining this. There is hope, to what level is unknown. It's also not increasing or decreasing hope due to privacy laws and competitive advantage. But yeah, the people clinging to that hope is pretty Dumb & Dumber. I have even allowed for the possibility that he did test negative twice and the Packers would still hold him out because that is what they planned for. But, hey, there's a chance, right? Let a guy dream.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

No departures scheduled at this time and we are in the 11th hour!
image.png
image.png (85.77 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 09:29

image.png
Marco Island Executive? Is Davante taking out his frustrations by flying that private plane straight to a Florida golf course?
:cigar:
image.png
image.png (2.29 MiB) Viewed 255 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 10:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 09:29

image.png
Marco Island Executive? Is Davante taking out his frustrations by flying that private plane straight to a Florida golf course?
:cigar:

image.png
That's on there a couple times. My wife got a free 2 night stay in the Marco Island Marriott. That place/town is freaking ritzy!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean if you wanted to fly somewhere that will let you do whatever you want while infected with COVID, Florida is the right call :mrgreen: :rotf:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Adams COVID saga is an interesting study in human behavior.

Previously, fans were lamenting how much focus Adams was getting from Rodgers:

" I wish AR would spread the ball around more"
" I wish AR didn't force it to Davante so much"

Now that Davante is out, the lyrics change :

"We're doomed without Adams !"
"We're going to get boatraced without Adams"
" Our non-Adams WRs are average"

That's what's so awesome about the NFL - certain fans never run out of things to whine about.
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BSA wrote:
28 Oct 2021 12:59
Now that Davante is out, the lyrics change :

"We're doomed without Adams !"
"We're going to get boatraced without Adams"
" Our non-Adams WRs are average"
Are you sure fans have said that? I have only witnessed an eerie rise in confidence since Adams went out. It started with some rounds of "we're doomed," sure, but moved immediately to "well, now that the pressure is off, maybe we can run a clean game on offense and spread it around." I mean the opposing coach even said as much.