6th Green Bay Packers stock sale Nov 16th $300

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

6th Green Bay Packers stock sale Nov 16th $300

Post by paco »

Still more approvals to come. But thinking I may finally jump on one this time.

Last edited by paco on 15 Nov 2021 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers said they will use the money raised by the sale for improvements at Lambeau Field, including possibly new video boards.
Kind of weird to have a stock sale for video boards. They definitely need to be improved and get bigger. But usually stock sales take care of bigger things.

Have to think there will be other major improvements.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

GREEN BAY – The Packers have received the NFL's approval for a potential stock sale to help fund improvements at Lambeau Field. There remain regulatory hurdles to any offering.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that a stock sale would meet the appropriate conditions established in 1997 for such a sale to raise funds for stadium renovation.

The Packers have undertaken significant stadium improvement projects recently. Multiple phases of concourse upgrades already completed, combined with planned new video boards and additional concourse upgrades, result in an estimated total cost of $250 million.

Funds raised from a potential stock sale would support those projects, with the Packers not seeking any public tax dollars.

"We appreciate the consideration of Commissioner Goodell and the support from the NFL for our potential stock sale," Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy said. "Should we proceed with an offering, we would also have to take regulatory steps and other actions. We are exploring such steps and intend to keep our fans informed of further developments when we are able."

The Packers have had five stock sales in their history. They took place in 1923, 1935, 1950, 1997 and 2011.

The 2011 sale, with shares priced at $250, added more than 250,000 new shareholders and raised $67.4 million toward a new entrance tower and viewing platform in the north end zone and an expansion that added roughly 6,600 seats to the south end zone. That project was completed in 2013.

The 1997 sale, with shares priced at $200, added 105,989 new shareholders and raised more than $24 million, which was used for the Lambeau Field redevelopment project completed in 2003.

Stock in the Packers does not constitute an investment in "stock" in the common sense of the term. The Packers will have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Packers stock. Anyone considering the purchase of Packers stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a tax deduction or any other economic benefits. Any offering of Packers stock will only be made through an offering document. The Packers believe offerees and purchasers of Packers stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Packers stock. The Packers bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Packers stock.

For more shareholders information, click here.
https://www.packers.com/news/nfl-approv ... -sale-2021

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2021 13:47
The Packers said they will use the money raised by the sale for improvements at Lambeau Field, including possibly new video boards.
Kind of weird to have a stock sale for video boards. They definitely need to be improved and get bigger. But usually stock sales take care of bigger things.

No doubt. I imagine once fully approved, there will be a significant announcement of some kind.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
I think anyone watching the success the Bucks had with the Deer District had to raise an eyebrow. There is so much the Packers could do to improve the outside of the stadium, including AV equipment, etc. that would add to the attendance outside of the building. I agree. This probably isn't just one little project.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 13:39
But thinking I may finally jump on one this time.
Me too.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 13:52
paco wrote:
27 Oct 2021 13:39
But thinking I may finally jump on one this time.
Me too.
I figured I was probably the only one on here that didn't have one. Didn't have the money last time around, but hopefully will this time. I'll be proud to join all the "dumb" people for buying a stocks that aren't an investment! Like that's ever been what its about for fans.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
27 Oct 2021 13:51
go pak go wrote:
I think anyone watching the success the Bucks had with the Deer District had to raise an eyebrow. There is so much the Packers could do to improve the outside of the stadium, including AV equipment, etc. that would add to the attendance outside of the building. I agree. This probably isn't just one little project.
That would be cool. It would also be challenging. It would be awesome to have a space where you can have video boards for Packers pregame shows in a space that is semi-controlled but not indoors so it's like 30 to 40 degrees rather than 10 degrees and many long tables and benches so people can drink without gloves and put their beer on a table.

The challenge is as you said, get better pre-game festivities but also not taking away all the parking spots to remove the tailgating that is already in place.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
Talked to one of the security people at Lambeau on Sunday and she told me they are building an underground parking and party zone for the Packers' players and families to enjoy pre-game and post- game. Right now they cordoned off a section of the main lot near the players parking lot for them to gather, but going forward, that will be an underground facility so they have some privacy from the drunken masses in the Lambeau lot.

The stock sale can finance things that are specifically for the fans, (scoreboards) but building this underground facility will come from the Packers general fund
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:14
The challenge is as you said, get better pre-game festivities but also not taking away all the parking spots to remove the tailgating that is already in place.
They already have the 15,000 sq ft Tundra Tailgate Village with video, food and bev.
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:20
go pak go wrote:
They already have the 15,000 sq ft Tundra Tailgate Village with video, food and bev.
Has anyone been in that? What's the experience of that place?

Personally I hate completely indoor places because they are way too crowded and I get too hot with my winter clothes on.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Mark Murphy: Whoof, Lazard on the COVID list, too? This is piling up. It's going to be a loonnng week.

Russ Ball: yeah, just a constant stream of bad news. I wish there was something we could do for the fans.

Murphy: Video board announcement? Kids like screens, right?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:32
BSA wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:20
go pak go wrote:

Personally I hate completely indoor places because they are way too crowded and I get too hot with my winter clothes on.
I was in it on Sunday morning before the Washington game. There's never enough seats. Other than that it's just fine.

For cold weather games it's just way too crowded. Unless you get there right when it opens you'll have to stand. Been there done that many times.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 27 Oct 2021 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
27 Oct 2021 14:32
Its a huge bar...in the middle of the Lambeau lot with a live band, food and bev.
Tailgating purists like myself look down on it with contempt...until December. Then I might re-consider my stance 8-)

Quick story: I live in San Diego these days and my WI friends & family give me crap about being a weak- tit in the weather.
When we went to a playoff game years ago it was super cold out, but of course we tailgated anyways.
Unknown to me - they had all conspired and agreed:

"We're not getting into the truck to warm up until BSA cracks, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes !"
I never cracked.

Finally one of them did give in after 2+ hours and when we all got in the truck to warm up - they told me the rest of the story.
Haha ! Lambeau Lot is one of my all time favorite places on this planet, can't get enough of it.
IT. IS. TIME

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Tailgating purists build their own Tundra Tailgate Zones and have a blast doing so.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So they are going to do more stupid <poop> to take away even more tailgating space. And video boards. This is corporate greed.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Oct 2021 16:49
So they are going to do more stupid <poop> to take away even more tailgating space. And video boards. This is corporate greed.
Who hurt you?

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Any word on this rounds “stock” pricing?

Oh, and convenient they timed it right before Christmas. Again.

Supply goods shortage? Pfft!! Just buy the ol’ man some Packers stock and call Christmas good!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I want to buy. How do I get in the front of the line?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Oct 2021 18:37
Any word on this rounds “stock” pricing?

Oh, and convenient they timed it right before Christmas. Again.

Supply goods shortage? Pfft!! Just buy the ol’ man some Packers stock and call Christmas good!
Nothing about it in the articles. Still approvals to be done, so it's not a go yet.
RIP JustJeff