Davante Adams to COVID List

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:01
Are you sure fans have said that?
Unfortunately, yes. But those fans don't matter
IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
BSA wrote:
28 Oct 2021 12:59
Now that Davante is out, the lyrics change :

"We're doomed without Adams !"
"We're going to get boatraced without Adams"
" Our non-Adams WRs are average"
Are you sure fans have said that? I have only witnessed an eerie rise in confidence since Adams went out. It started with some rounds of "we're doomed," sure, but moved immediately to "well, now that the pressure is off, maybe we can run a clean game on offense and spread it around." I mean the opposing coach even said as much.
well of course a opposing coach has to at minimum show a propriety towards firing up his players, so I wouldn't expect him to show a sigh of relief that Adams wont play.

Rodgers completed 77% of his passes last week on ???? 34 attempts, I'd love to see close to that repeated, but without Adams that will be much tougher

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

BSA wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
Care to list those that do matter? It'll save me reading the irrelevant posts.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:13
well of course a opposing coach has to at minimum show a propriety towards firing up his players, so I wouldn't expect him to show a sigh of relief that Adams wont play.
It's weird to me how many people reacted to Kingsbury's comments this way "of course a coach will say that" while also acknowledging that it has been objectively true in recent seasons.

Like "that coach is telling the truth, but he probably doesn't believe it; he's just saying it" is a really weird emotional game of Twister.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Not trying to derail, just looking for confirmation.

Adam was jabbed. He tested positive. He is out for the game tonight. He gets paid for tonight's game.

Lazard was not jabbed. He did not test positive. He was a close contact (presumably of Adams?). He is out for the game tonight. He does NOT get paid for tonight's game.

Is this correct?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Oct 2021 17:41
Not trying to derail, just looking for confirmation.

Adam was jabbed. He tested positive. He is out for the game tonight. He gets paid for tonight's game.

Lazard was not jabbed. He did not test positive. He was a close contact (presumably of Adams?). He is out for the game tonight. He does NOT get paid for tonight's game.

Is this correct?
He gets paid, but does not get this game's roster bonus.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don’t ruin the thread here, this part not a question of whether he should have gotten the jab or not (I say unequivocally yes, but I won’t judge). But just the reality of the situation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 19:02
Don’t ruin the thread here, this part not a question of whether he should have gotten the jab or not (I say unequivocally yes, but I won’t judge). But just the reality of the situation.

The policy and enforcement is what should have players and fans up in arms, not whether he had the vax or not. I mean, ffs, the guy tested negative 5 straight days, was asymptomatic, and apparently wasn’t even a close contact. What are we doing here aside from trying to impose their rule?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
28 Oct 2021 23:54
BF004 wrote:
28 Oct 2021 19:02

The policy and enforcement is what should have players and fans up in arms, not whether he had the vax or not. I mean, ffs, the guy tested negative 5 straight days, was asymptomatic, and apparently wasn’t even a close contact. What are we doing here aside from trying to impose their rule?
They can say he wasn't, but really, he wasn't? We could probably watch last weeks game and see they were sitting next to each other. Not sure if that is what is happening here. Oh well, it didn't matter!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Half Empty wrote:
28 Oct 2021 14:59
BSA wrote:
28 Oct 2021 13:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
Care to list those that do matter? It'll save me reading the irrelevant posts.
:rotf: