Rank the Roster 2020: #4

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 03 May 2020 21:47

David Bakhtiari
40%
Kenny Clark
15%
Davante Adams
45%
Jaire Alexander
No votes
Adrian Amos
No votes
Corey Linsley
No votes
Preston Smith
No votes
Elgton Jenkins
No votes
Darnell Savage
No votes
Kevin King
No votes

Total votes: 20

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2020: #4

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2020 Edition

1. Aaron Rodgers (48%)[--]
2. Za'Darius Smith (70%)[+5]
3. Aaron Jones (43%)[+3]
4. Current

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2019 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll.

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 10 guys, a new player is added to the list each day).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

This is the first weekend poll. It will run until Sunday night, so there is extra time.

Please start throwing out names to put up on the list in addition to making a pick.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

With my guy Jones off the board, I need to think about this one. Truly a toss up between Bak, Davante, and Clark.

Next up do I go OL (Turner?), WR (MVS, EQSB?), TE (Sternberger), DL (Lowry?). Where do the FA's slot, are we ready to put up the first?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Williams for sure next up.

These next 3 on the vote are all similar. Bakhtiari for me.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah. Bakh, Adams, and Clark round out this tier.

Tough call, but I vote Adams. The guy is just always open.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Bak had a bad year. Maybe he was hurt, maybe he lost focus, but he was not the top 2 LT that he was a few years ago. Can't vote for him.
The Packers played better without Adams than they did with him. That may not be his fault but the fact remains. Can't vote for him.

Clark is a stud NT. He is the best NT in the league and top 5 among all Dlinemen. NT's are not supposed to get sacks and pressures but he does.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Lots of good choices.

It's Bakh for me. Without him the season is likely over. We have no-one who could step in and replace him. He's been a consistently pro-bowl calibre LT for nearly all of his career. Odds are he bounces back from last year and 2020 is just a blip season that every player usually has at some point in their career.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I like Davante here.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I honestly think Bak played pretty much about the same last year as he always does...they just started calling holding on him more than ever. But i think they were just actually calling it, i dont think what he was doing was any different than in the past.

As for Adams, i actually think the talk of how well the O did without him is so overblown. We played the worst defenses that we played all year in that stretch, and the world hadnt seen Jones receiving abilities yet. When they did get to see it on tape, it came back to earth quickly.

However, the world has seen adams abilities..and they still cannot stop him. He deserves this spot imo by far.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Davante. He's still the #1 target, He's gong for 1,503 yards this year.

I'd put Jace Sternberger on the poll next. Going to grab Graham's targets and he can block.

We just had a stat that the O goes from top 3 to 29 with Williams in instead of Jones. He's the only guy with a draft pick that could take snaps from him. There are a lot of ways I'd go before Williams.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Bak, Clark and Adams are all in the same tier for me here. I went Bak, I love that man.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That's impressive.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Clark. I just love the guy. Sooo many snaps, never complains, just beasts. Rare talent for position. Quiet on media, which hurts his award shelf, but not my appreciation.

Bak and Adams are so close, this came down to gut feeling of the moment...

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Bakh, then Clark and Adams

I view elite LTs as more valuable than DTs or WRs
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I voted the leader of the 3 stooges.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kenny is my guy

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2020 15:16
I voted the leader of the 3 stooges.
Larry, Curly or Moe? ;)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

This one is tough, as I thought Bak had an interesting year. Adams, on the other hand, had the offense going in the middle of the season.... When he was hurt.

I'll go Adams here, but Bak is right there.
RIP JustJeff