Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:20

Where you seem to hold it against Rodgers that he didnt throw a pass over 30 yards (i thought the pass to tonyan was over 30), i credit Rodgers for not attempting anything stupid or losing patience. Lesser QBs would take a deep shot to a bum WR, get the ball picked off, and throw the game away for us!
This I agree with. I was very happy with his decisions on his throws. And actually I think the receivvers let Rodgers down. Aaron Jones left two big screens on the field because he was just dumb. I am honestly so confused how he screwed those plays up so much. Another one Aaron Jones was was a half step of staying in bounds and if he does...it's 6.

The other one was JuWann Winfree. If he doesn't fumble that ball....it is touchdown. So there were plays out there that the receivers just didn't make.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:27
I got a feeling Rodgers will be a Packer next year, I bet that makes your blood boil.
Why are you literally trying to pick fights this morning? :messedup:
for f sacks why does everything that doesn't go just right end up Rodgers fault, Yoho doesn't know what caused the delay of game, yet it must be Rodgers fault, that BS, more then likely the play was late getting to Rodgers

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok I’ll sum up my point as concisely as I can: If Jordan Love called those two timeouts and audibled into a delay of game penalty from the half inch line, this board would be certain he “just doesn’t have it.”

look into your hearts and you know that it is true.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:27
I got a feeling Rodgers will be a Packer next year, I bet that makes your blood boil.
Why are you literally trying to pick fights this morning? :messedup:
for f sacks why does everything that doesn't go just right end up Rodgers fault, Yoho doesn't know what caused the delay of game, yet it must be Rodgers fault, that BS, more then likely the play was late getting to Rodgers
Bro, he changed the formation with 5 seconds left in the clock. I know that’s his fault. I am sure if it. So are you. So are we all.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The delays this week were definitely and obviously on Rodgers.

It's the blood boil comment that I was commenting about, though. No ones blood would boil if Rodgers was on the team next season, except Bears and Vikings fans.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 29 Oct 2021 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:31
Drj820 wrote:

Where you seem to hold it against Rodgers that he didnt throw a pass over 30 yards (i thought the pass to tonyan was over 30), i credit Rodgers for not attempting anything stupid or losing patience. Lesser QBs would take a deep shot to a bum WR, get the ball picked off, and throw the game away for us!
This I agree with. I was very happy with his decisions on his throws. And actually I think the receivvers let Rodgers down. Aaron Jones left two big screens on the field because he was just dumb. I am honestly so confused how he screwed those plays up so much. Another one Aaron Jones was was a half step of staying in bounds and if he does...it's 6.

The other one was JuWann Winfree. If he doesn't fumble that ball....it is touchdown. So there were plays out there that the receivers just didn't make.
Yeah. I’m happy he didn’t throw long. I’m telling you that’s a very typical, very achievable game plan that teams use all the time. Being proud of Rodgers for not forcing the ball downfield when that would have been a horrible decision is just a super low bar

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:34
Ok I’ll sum up my point as concisely as I can: If Jordan Love called those two timeouts and audibled into a delay of game penalty from the half inch line, this board would be certain he “just doesn’t have it.”

yeah, those were big mistakes that Rodgers should be critiqued for.

95% of the rest of the game he put us in good positions, made the right reads, avoided sacks, didnt do anything stupid, and threw great balls to total bums.

Both can be true. You only seem to be recognize one. :idn:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't give a sh*t who is to blame (though the audible calls with 3 seconds is pretty obvious to see who is causing a lot of the issues)

Clock management has been the biggest issue with Rodgers and McCarthy and now Rodgers and MLF. It has always been an issue. And it needs to stop.

We are the only team in the league it seems that never have TO's with less than 4 minutes in the half or are able to use TO's to actually stop the clock if necessary.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:37
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah. I’m happy he didn’t throw long. I’m telling you that’s a very typical, very achievable game plan that teams use all the time. Being proud of Rodgers for not forcing the ball downfield when that would have been a horrible decision is just a super low bar
those are still all things that Carr and Cousins love to do in primetime games. We have seen it over and over. Yet, Rodgers never got impatient, never forced anything. Trusted his defense, and made the available plays. Commendable.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:37
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Oh we are on completely the same page.

It's why people are once again calling me a Rodgers downer, etc.

It gets really old needing to defend positions and observations that have no business needing defended.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't dispute Rodgers made mistakes. That was obvious for everyone to see. However, what you characterize as him audibling out of a play at the goal line appeared to me to be the inexperienced players not being anywhere near the positions they were supposed to be in to run the called play.

I mean, what's he supposed to do?? Yeah, the delay penalty wasn't good but you're laying the blame entirely on Rodgers, it seems.

As far as the Tannehill and whatever other QB could've won that game last night - let's just say we disagree. My lack of football understanding or of Tannehill's skill level or whatever else. We disagree and I won't pursue that tangent with passive aggressive statements belittling your football acumen.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:34

yeah, those were big mistakes that Rodgers should be critiqued for.

95% of the rest of the game he put us in good positions, made the right reads, avoided sacks, didnt do anything stupid, and threw great balls to total bums.

Both can be true. You only seem to be recognize one. :idn:
I don't think he did. This whole conversation started when people started declaring MVP performance and Yoho and I were like whoah. whoah whoah. Let's pump the brakes on that talk.

This game was about Dillon, Aaron Jones, the defense and Bojo.

It then got doubled down on "you can't look at the stats...it's more than that" (because he was under 190 yards passing). I am watching the game again right now and from what I am seeing, this Packers offense scored last night because AJ Dillon was so freaking good.

Makes me even more mad we didn't put the ball in the true hero's hands of last year's NFC Title Game. AJ Dillon is the answer against these fast defenses.

Oh my gosh you guys...just watched our first TD again. Aaron Jones's touchdown is so unbelievably awesome. 3rd and 1. Stopped 2 yards behind the LOS and muscles his way for 3 yards for a TD.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:40
I don't give a sh*t who is to blame (though the audible calls with 3 seconds is pretty obvious to see who is causing a lot of the issues)
I'll wait to hear a better explanation of why he audibled, why he didn't just call a time out, what did he see that caused him to audible in the first place,

also to answer your question Rodgers did not get the first down on his head first run trying as he split two defenders with his effort.

I get tired of defending Rodgers to, wish I didn't have to, but I don't see this changing, each week there will be several here that will rip his game apart, unless of course he plays as well as he did against WFT or most of the other games so far this season.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:46
I don't dispute Rodgers made mistakes. That was obvious for everyone to see. However, what you characterize as him audibling out of a play at the goal line appeared to me to be the inexperienced players not being anywhere near the positions they were supposed to be in to run the called play.

I mean, what's he supposed to do?? Yeah, the delay penalty wasn't good but you're laying the blame entirely on Rodgers, it seems.
What's he supposed to do? He's supposed to tell the guys to get set, snap the ball and not take the penalty. Period. You CAN. NOT. take that penalty. If it was anyone else, none of you would ever let them hear the end of it. Imagine if Justin Fields had done that AGAINST us. We'd die laughing. Worst case scenario, he just takes the snap and sneaks it. Rodgers calling his own number when the kids couldn't get into position would have a much higher chance of success than taking a penalty or changing the play or moving the alignment around. You just didn't have time.

I'm just so tired of every success belonging to Rodgers and every failure belonging to everyone else.

Rodgers played a decent football game last night. He quite literally managed the game, and he did so very well in the 3rd quarter and half the 4th quarter; then he started running the offense well but managing the play clock like a toddler. He needed to play at least as well as he did for the team to win. But I'm just, like... this was a win that had more to do with every unit in the game than it had to do with the passing offense. Like every single unit mattered more than the passing offense. And today on ESPN and on the board it's like "wow Rodgers pulled it off!" Sure. But not any more so than literally every other player on the team. QBs are more valuable based on their position, but Rodgers did not contribute more than other positions, relative to their positions and abilities.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He couldn't call a timeout... We were out of them... :thwap:

Also Rodgers could not have gotten a first down on his run... It was goal to go... :thwap:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 29 Oct 2021 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My ask is rather than having the weekly annoying Rodgers is GOAT or not to GOAT talk after an okay performance that we instead talk and rave about the players who deserve to be raved about.

Man the edge pressure in the 1st half on Murray...*chef's kiss* Preston Smith and Rashan Gary played him PERFECTLY until that 4th quarter. They bull rushed so well and collapsed that pocket.

Also, D'Vondre Freaking Campbell. Barnes really struggled last night, but Campbell once again is stacking game after game. Also thought Dean Lowry was really good last night. I think he may have played better than Kenny Clark. :shock: :shock:

And Tyler Lancaster was so, so close of having his best play in his career last night. Gotta make that tackle and keep him in the EZ for a safety.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think we really all need to give a ton of credit to the GM for putting this team together. Not only did we get some key additions in the off-season like Campbell and Cobb but we have been killing it in the in season additions. Rashl Douglas is a steal. This kid is a starter quality CB. Maybe he’s not a star but he’s a plus player who just hung with some great receivers.

Credit to Rodgers for putting this team together in his first year as a GM.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:56
And Tyler Lancaster was so, so close of having his best play in his career last night. Gotta make that tackle and keep him in the EZ for a safety.
I wanted that safety SO EFFING BADLY. For us, but also for him.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also, aside from our one massive boneheaded Kylin Hill Killer k.o. return, ST played well last night, right? Like they got the muffed punt inside the ten on a beauty of a ball by Bojo. They didn't allow big returns. They made all the field goals and extra points. Am I missing anything?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Murray had 6 carries for 21 yards. We haven't played a running QB that well since... Ever.