Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:00
Murray had 6 carries for 21 yards. We haven't played a running QB that well since... Ever.
The bull rush!

Someone on the board pointed out that we have good players to contain while pressuring by bull rushing and not going wide and opening gaps and whoever that was, gosh darnit, you were so right! That was amazing.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:53
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:40
I don't give a sh*t who is to blame (though the audible calls with 3 seconds is pretty obvious to see who is causing a lot of the issues)
I'll wait to hear a better explanation of why he audibled, why he didn't just call a time out, what did he see that caused him to audible in the first place,

also to answer your question Rodgers did not get the first down on his head first run trying as he split two defenders with his effort.

I get tired of defending Rodgers to, wish I didn't have to, but I don't see this changing, each week there will be several here that will rip his game apart, unless of course he plays as well as he did against WFT or most of the other games so far this season.
He didn't have a TO to call.

The thing is you're actually not defending anything. The only defense that is occurring is because I am not calling last night an MVP performance. We are instead calling it an average NFL performance that many other veteran QBs would have been able to do.

There is a decade long obsession to knock the Packers for "holding Rodgers back" his entire career. Yet when the Packers are finally not holding Rodgers back, it's like there is even more disappointment because the attention is away from Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:54
He couldn't call a timeout... We were out of them... :thwap:

Also Rodgers could not have gotten a first down on his run... It was goal to go... :thwap:
Why you can't take any of it serious, just rambling over and over with incorrect data and facts. And call it out, that you are simply incorrect, wrong, making things up, then apparently you are just a Rodgers hater. Lose lose situation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:56
I think we really all need to give a ton of credit to the GM for putting this team together. Not only did we get some key additions in the off-season like Campbell and Cobb but we have been killing it in the in season additions. Rashl Douglas is a steal. This kid is a starter quality CB. Maybe he’s not a star but he’s a plus player who just hung with some great receivers.

Credit to Rodgers for putting this team together in his first year as a GM.
:rotf: :rotf:

My jaw literally dropped to the floor.

And then I read the 2nd paragraph now knowing that your account didn't get hacked.

Without question Gute's greatest strength as a GM is his ability and moreso willingness to sign low priced FA's rather than relying on rookie UDFAs to fill holes. And to keep searching and filling the back of the roster until it gets fixed.

I mean we all know that if this was 5 years ago, the Packers would totally be trotting Yiadom out again last night instead of Douglas and the Cardinals put up 35 points because of it.
Last edited by go pak go on 29 Oct 2021 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

When I think Rodgers won a game last night, most QBs dont lead us to victory in...that is no way takes away from the rest of the team.

The defense was amazing in the first half. Douglas is a DOG!!

Dillon was a beast!!

Cobb was clutch!!

Aaron Jones deserves his shine too. I really dont even think he misplayed the screen passes as much as some are saying. The first one the pressure got to Rodgers to fast that Jones got the ball as soon as he turned his head, I think he then just turned his head and committed to getting up field. Sure, some patience would have been better, but I think the timing on the whole play was rushed due to the blitz.

On the second one I more just credit the Cardinals very fast defense.

On his TD, it was incredible. Isaiah Simmons is a GREAT LB, and Jones was just better on that play.
On the TD that got taken away, that ref should be investigated. No way to determine he was down.

As for Dillon, crime against Dillon and humanity that he wasnt on the field during that last drive. Even if you dont give it to him, make the defense think about him. Unacceptable in my opinion to not have an asset like that out there especially after how good of a game he had.

Winfree reminded me of Darrius Shepherd.

Gary, unfortunately, was pretty much a ghost.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

He's not wrong.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:01
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:40
I don't give a sh*t who is to blame (though the audible calls with 3 seconds is pretty obvious to see who is causing a lot of the issues)
I'll wait to hear a better explanation of why he audibled, why he didn't just call a time out, what did he see that caused him to audible in the first place,

also to answer your question Rodgers did not get the first down on his head first run trying as he split two defenders with his effort.

I get tired of defending Rodgers to, wish I didn't have to, but I don't see this changing, each week there will be several here that will rip his game apart, unless of course he plays as well as he did against WFT or most of the other games so far this season.

The thing is you're actually not defending anything. The only defense that is occurring is because I am not calling last night an MVP performance. We are instead calling it an average NFL performance that many other veteran QBs would have been able to do.

There is a decade long obsession to knock the Packers for "holding Rodgers back" his entire career. Yet when the Packers are finally not holding Rodgers back, it's like there is even more disappointment because the attention is away from Rodgers.
I didn't say he had a MVP game, simply that you and some3 others here want to relegate him to any ol average QB could have done what he did last night, and the delay of game was all on Rodgers, all of it is BS, for one most average QB's would have found a way to lose long before the 4th quarter even started, and 2nd, you and others here don't know for sure what was going through Rodgers mind when the delay happened, but you'll call him out on it.

I have no idea what ESPN or other people are saying about Rodgers, I came on here this morning to talk about a great team win, however by the time I got here you guys where already bashing Rodgers, which I should be use to by now, it happens every week.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also, last night was the first time I believe all season we FINALLY gave Amari Rodgers the ball on those "fake WR tosses" and Rodgers got 11 with like 5 yards after contact.

That is his strength. Super happy they went to him and I hope they find small ways of getting him involved to use his strength. The dude is a dozer once he is on the edge and taking on DBs.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:02
Pckfn23 wrote:

Also Rodgers could not have gotten a first down on his run... It was goal to go... :thwap:
Why you can't take any of it serious, just rambling over and over with incorrect data and facts. And call it out, that you are simply incorrect, wrong, making things up, then apparently you are just a Rodgers hater. Lose lose situation.
seriously, does it matter if I got any of that wrong? how idiotic, the point was that Rodgers gave it up for the team, and as I said he didn't get the yardage needed, stick your two cents where the sun doesn't shine

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:11
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:01
Yoop wrote:

I didn't say he had a MVP game, simply that you and some3 others here want to relegate him to any ol average QB could have done what he did last night, and the delay of game was all on Rodgers, all of it is BS, for one most average QB's would have found a way to lose long before the 4th quarter even started, and 2nd, you and others here don't know for sure what was going through Rodgers mind when the delay happened, but you'll call him out on it.
Correct yoop. You didn't. The conversation started primarily because others did start declaring Rodgers as favorite for the MVP.

But the last sentence...pretty ridiculous. What other player will you ever give the benefit of the doubt of "what was going through his mind?" Why does that even matter? I mean of course there are things going through people's minds. The goal is to the have the right things go through the mind so you execute properly.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:15
BF004 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:02
Pckfn23 wrote:

seriously, does it matter if I got any of that wrong? how idiotic, the point was that Rodgers gave it up for the team, and as I said he didn't get the yardage needed, stick your two cents where the sun doesn't shine
Yes, when it happens, over and over and over, how can anyone trust such an opinion? Why should anyone put any stock in an opinion where more than likely some of the logic going into said opinion is not reality?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:06
When I think Rodgers won a game last night, most QBs dont lead us to victory in...that is no way takes away from the rest of the team.

Dillon was a beast!!

Cobb was clutch!!

Aaron Jones deserves his shine too. I really dont even think he misplayed the screen passes as much as some are saying. The first one the pressure got to Rodgers to fast that Jones got the ball as soon as he turned his head, I think he then just turned his head and committed to getting up field. Sure, some patience would have been better, but I think the timing on the whole play was rushed due to the blitz.

On his TD, it was incredible. Isaiah Simmons is a GREAT LB, and Jones was just better on that play.
On the TD that got taken away, that ref should be investigated. No way to determine he was down.

As for Dillon, crime against Dillon and humanity that he wasnt on the field during that last drive. Even if you dont give it to him, make the defense think about him. Unacceptable in my opinion to not have an asset like that out there especially after how good of a game he had.

I think Dillon was held out late game was because on his ( I think last run ) he fumbled again, he was lucky and the ball became trapped inside his legs and he just quickly grabbed it, and Lafluer opted for Jones for his ability to protect the ball better, just guessing

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Okay so what is the rule with a player "downing a ball on a punt" but then also taking it into the endzone after said player has established "downing it in the field of play"

Like to me it is completely unfair that Ty Summers is faced with a decision of downing the ball at the 3 or being able to take the ball into the EZ on a questionable fumble. Now obviously Summers didn't think there was a fumble, but on these situations where it is close, the player shouldn't be tasked with needing to choose.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:21
Drj820 wrote:

Dillon was a beast!!

Cobb was clutch!!

I think Dillon was held out late game was because on his ( I think last run ) he fumbled again, he was lucky and the ball became trapped inside his legs and he just quickly grabbed it, and Lafluer opted for Jones for his ability to protect the ball better, just guessing
That wasn't a fumble. Ball came out for sure but his elbow was down first so he was down before the ball came out. I don't get upset when the ground causes fumbles because they are not fumbles.

Also, that happened significantly earlier and Dillon did play after that.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:22
Okay so what is the rule with a player "downing a ball on a punt" but then also taking it into the endzone after said player has established "downing it in the field of play"

Like to me it is completely unfair that Ty Summers is faced with a decision of downing the ball at the 3 or being able to take the ball into the EZ on a questionable fumble. Now obviously Summers didn't think there was a fumble, but on these situations where it is close, the player shouldn't be tasked with needing to choose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffed_punt

Can't advance it anyway. Whoever said it in game was exactly right.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2021 08:56
I think we really all need to give a ton of credit to the GM for putting this team together. Not only did we get some key additions in the off-season like Campbell and Cobb but we have been killing it in the in season additions. Rashl Douglas is a steal. This kid is a starter quality CB. Maybe he’s not a star but he’s a plus player who just hung with some great receivers.

Credit to Rodgers for putting this team together in his first year as a GM.
:rotf: :rotf:

My jaw literally dropped to the floor.

And then I read the 2nd paragraph now knowing that your account didn't get hacked.

Without question Gute's greatest strength as a GM is his ability and moreso willingness to sign low priced FA's rather than relying on rookie UDFAs to fill holes. And to keep searching and filling the back of the roster until it gets fixed.

I mean we all know that if this was 5 years ago, the Packers would totally be trotting Yiadom out again last night instead of Douglas and the Cardinals put up 35 points because of it.
Yeah troll post. But honestly Gutey has absolutely killed it this year.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:24
go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffed_punt

Can't advance it anyway. Whoever said it in game was exactly right.
Okay. Thanks for that.

That 3 plays after was really frustrating. They didn't show much replay outside of the Lewis close up but man Rodgers missed that one. Lewis had a lot of space and the ball was just bad. Should have been an easy score. The 3rd down play I thought should have been DPI on Cobb. The first hold I can let pass because it was within 5 yards. But then the defender just kept tugging and holding on the whole route while the ball was in the air because he got beat which prevented Cobb from getting to his spot.
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

We have been struggling with clock issues for years. They never explain why but it is consistent. As for play calling at the end MLF said they had 9 big bodies in tight begging for us to pass. Vance Joseph does that a lot and pretty much forces a quick decision. MLF really blamed his play calling so who am I to argue with him. None of our 3 big bodies were playing and I don't think Aaron trusted anyone but Cobb in that situation.

Not Aaron's best game but pretty much what we needed from him. Run first and keep the clock moving. I'm sure the timing was way off with WRs who you didn't get a chance to work with during the week.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:23
Yoop wrote:
29 Oct 2021 09:21
Drj820 wrote:

Dillon was a beast!!

Cobb was clutch!!

That wasn't a fumble. Ball came out for sure but his elbow was down first so he was down before the ball came out. I don't get upset when the ground causes fumbles because they are not fumbles.

Also, that happened significantly earlier and Dillon did play after that.
oh my, more mis information on my part :hide:

hope he's not injured

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I gotta say, I still cannot get over the fact that Hopkins legit faked a back shoulder fade, while the ball was in the air, which adjusted his speed perfectly to lead to him catching it in stride. Stokes looked silly on the play, but that was a genuinely unreal play by Hopkins. I honestly haven't seen anyone else ever do that before (not saying it hasn't happened, but I haven't seen it)