backthepack OCT mock 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

backthepack OCT mock 2021

Post by Backthepack4ever »

A little late this year but here is my 1st mock. Not going to do trades and all the roster change over but I drafted with the band back next year (AR and Adams mostly)

Round 1 Drake London WR USC

London is the next Mike Evans type WR. He is big, physical and wins 50/50 balls with ease. His speed will be a big question going into the draft but he has taken over games with weak QB play. He might not be for everyone but this kid can play and is a weapon in the right system.

Round 2 Adam Anderson edge UGA

I admit I don't see Anderson falling this far but some are not high on him bc he is a tween pass rusher. Hell he doesn't even start at UGA. He is more situational. Now with that all out of the way, his dude is crazy talented with insane explosion. One scout said Georgia doesn't use this kid right and hes everything Von Miller was coming into the draft. His speed and bend is great but he isn't weak either. can drop in coverage also. He would be a weapon.

Round 3 Travon Walker DE/DT UGA

Double dipped from the Dawgs but this upside is to good to pass up. Walker is a little light to be a 5 tech today but he has tons of room to add some good weight. Hes can move all over the line and is athletic enough to be a big edge player. Power forward in HS. He is still raw and looks like he is hesitant at times but his length and hands make him stand out on a loaded front 7. Just love this players upside.

Round 4 Jalen Tolbert WR S Bama

Even if Adams is back GB will be adding more then one wr next year. Tolbert is 6'3" 195 and is twitchy Hes averaging over 22 per this season. Last year he was one of the most productive wrs in football. Hes coming from a small school but he has big play talent.

Round 5 J Duncan OT Maryland

GB spec with mid round OL? Why Not Duncan came in as a TE and moved to tackle. He moves well and though raw at the position has nice upside with his power and athletic ability.

Round 6 Isaiah Thomas DE OK

Thomas is flying under the radar but he will prob shoot but the board some. This is a tough player they move all over their D front. He gets sloppy at times then flashes. He wins with power and grinding.

Round 7 Noah Gindorff TE North Dakota St

When this guy catches the ball its mostly TDs. He might look big standing next to Big Dog. 6'6" 266. it will take him time to even be a thought to play on Sunday but he is a nice piece of clay to work with. [/media][/media]

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

So you think that Benkert can be the backup QB and they won't draft a QB in the mid rounds?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

TheSkeptic wrote:
30 Oct 2021 16:53
So you think that Benkert can be the backup QB and they won't draft a QB in the mid rounds?
I said at the top I expect AR to be back so Love is the backup. Even if Love takes over next year I admit I don't spend time of prospect QBs. The weak class this year and no interest in the flyers. But I do think Benkert could beat out any back up rookie

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

London I expect to be a top 2 receiver taken come draft time. He’s been dominant this year. It’s either him or Olave.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok, I went to USC for 2.5 years before transferring to and graduating from U of Georgia. Later, I went back to school for a second degree and got it from Maryland. So GREAT start to the draft. 4 of the first 5 from my schools!

That said, I am ALWAYS hesitant of college DL from dominant Dlines when the individual player wasn't the big dog. How much better is the UGA front because Jordan Davis is devouring the center of the opposing lines, ya know?

I love Drake London. He's been a beast since his freshman year. He just got hurt, seriously, tonight, so his draft stock will be interesting to follow.

I had Tolbert in day 3 of all my drafts early last year and then the punk didn't declare and I felt stupid. I think Tolbert is the same kind of risk/reward pick as MVS was

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2021 17:41
London I expect to be a top 2 receiver taken come draft time. He’s been dominant this year. It’s either him or Olave.
In other words, there is near zero chance he will be available at pick 32. However, with the pick the Packers get for Rodgers, anything is possible.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Oct 2021 22:54
Ok, I went to USC for 2.5 years before transferring to and graduating from U of Georgia. Later, I went back to school for a second degree and got it from Maryland. So GREAT start to the draft. 4 of the first 5 from my schools!

That said, I am ALWAYS hesitant of college DL from dominant Dlines when the individual player wasn't the big dog. How much better is the UGA front because Jordan Davis is devouring the center of the opposing lines, ya know?

I love Drake London. He's been a beast since his freshman year. He just got hurt, seriously, tonight, so his draft stock will be interesting to follow.

I had Tolbert in day 3 of all my drafts early last year and then the punk didn't declare and I felt stupid. I think Tolbert is the same kind of risk/reward pick as MVS was
Yea I can dig that idea on DL players on good teams. Hell its tough to hit on DL prospects already.

Saying that walker is such a unique prospect. Yesterday he dropped in coverage broke on a pass like a lber tipped it resulting in a pic. Next drive he had 2 qb hits from the end. Just love how he can play all over and just scratching the surface

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow, Drake London looks impressive on first glance.

Can't wait to dig into him some more.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
02 Nov 2021 08:25
Wow, Drake London looks impressive on first glance.

Can't wait to dig into him some more.
He's a really fun watch.

I have concerns about his ability to separate against NFL defenses, and then you're in that fine line of "are you Brandon Marshall or Allen Robinson where you're just big, physical and athletic enough to be a stud anyway... or are you a slightly improved Allen Lazard at a higher cost?"

But he is just better than most players he's around. He was jumping off the screen as a freshman when he was like WR4 behind Amon-Ra and Pittman and Tyler Vaughns

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drake Londons season is over with an ankle fracture. Hes a junior so he may just stay for his senior year to be a top 10 pick next season. Pretty rough injury for a guy who needed to combine to establish himself as the top dog. In 8 games he had 88 catches, 1084 yards, and 7 TDs. If he does declare it gives us a very real shot at taking him now.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Oct 2021 22:54

Maybe you can work ur SAT scores into the next post?