General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

More important Packers news. Aaron Rodgers finally revealed his Halloween costume. For those who don’t know he claimed to have been keeping the hair for the purpose of having an authentic costume.

He went as John Wick which is actually perfect. You have the symbolism of Wicks dog being murdered and Gutey taking Love which is basically the same thing.

Ever since Rodgers has been on a killing spree.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YohoChecko wrote: Though honestly, while I knocked it, Jackson as a returner/deep threat to roll through isn't something I'd hate, but I'dd prefer it to be after the Rams fail to get compensation for him and release him
:aok:

…and if I’m a betting man, his release is coming this Wednesday.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Oct 2021 23:08

Though honestly, while I knocked it, Jackson as a returner/deep threat to roll through isn't something I'd hate, but I'dd prefer it to be after the Rams fail to get compensation for him and release him; doubt they'd deal him to a conference seeding rival anyway.
I just don't see Jackson being much of a fit here. Apparrently he doesn't want to be in LA because he doesn't get enough playing time/snaps.

Yet I don't see that improving much in GB. We run the ball. MVS is coming back and we have issues getting Cobb snaps.

If Jackson is making a stink already in LA, I think he is not the type of person we want in our locker room. Because his situation wouldn't change in GB.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Brandin Cooks.

Over the top speed and short area quickness to move the chains.

I think he's immediately WR2 on this roster.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
31 Oct 2021 12:26
Brandin Cooks.

Over the top speed and short area quickness to move the chains.

I think he's immediately WR2 on this roster.
plus kick returner, even though I hope we never run a kickoff out of the EZ again

we got enough to sign Cooks and Giseckie the TE. both would add some spark to the team.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Some analytics notes from Football Outsiders before they get updated this week.
  • The Packers currently rank 11th in DVOA--the total team efficiency metric central to FO's evaluations--4th in Offense and 24th in Defense.
  • When week one is removed, which they did hypothetically to look into the Titans' score, they found that if week 1 was removed for ALL teams, the Packers' ranking on the season would rise from 11th to 6th--1st on offense.
  • FO listed the Packers as having played the 13th toughest schedule prior to this week, with the most difficult remaining schedule (this should decrease a bit with the Cardinals now in our rear view mirror)
  • The Packers week-to-week consistency (variance in DVO performances) ranks 27th in the league
  • If we had played a league-average schedule through 7 weeks, FO estimates the Packers would have won 4.7 games, but since games don't have decimal points, that translates to an expected record of 5-2 compared to the reality, 6-1.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Up to date this week excluding tonight's game.

D right at the league average, O looking froggy.
image.png
image.png (238.97 KiB) Viewed 400 times

Nice balanced O
image.png
image.png (218.3 KiB) Viewed 400 times

Passing league, above average dropback EPA.
image.png
image.png (214.54 KiB) Viewed 400 times

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packers are 7th in yards allowed
Packers are 9th in points allowed

Packers are 8 points away from being 5th in points allowed. It's a really close race right now from like 5th to 11th in points allowed race.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 08:25
Wow.

That's crazy actually that the probability of a 1 seed is that low. If you were to just take a "1 in 16 chance", we would be at 6.25%.

So only slightly higher than even chance.
Still preliminary since there's a MNF game tonight, but given that it's unlikely to impact the NFC playoff race at all (aside from schedule stuff and opponent adjustments for teams who have played these guys), odds for the 1 seed nearly doubled from 8.7 to 16.2%

Odds of the 2-seed went from 18% to 23%. These increases came at the expense of our 3-seed chances (dropped 4ish%) and our chances of missing the playoffs (dropped another 3%)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Nov 2021 09:41
go pak go wrote:
28 Oct 2021 08:25
Wow.

That's crazy actually that the probability of a 1 seed is that low. If you were to just take a "1 in 16 chance", we would be at 6.25%.

So only slightly higher than even chance.
Still preliminary since there's a MNF game tonight, but given that it's unlikely to impact the NFC playoff race at all (aside from schedule stuff and opponent adjustments for teams who have played these guys), odds for the 1 seed nearly doubled from 8.7 to 16.2%

Odds of the 2-seed went from 18% to 23%. These increases came at the expense of our 3-seed chances (dropped 4ish%) and our chances of missing the playoffs (dropped another 3%)
Yeah. We hold a significant advantage now in the NFC North with a 3 game lead. MN has to sweep us to have a chance essentially. CHI is all but done unless we have a cataclysmic collapse.

We have a serious advantage over the West with the tiebreaker on the current division leader and hosting the 2nd place team in a month.

The NFC East and South are interesting. Currently have a game on the South and tied for the East. Our best tie breaking situation on the South is Conference record (which we currently have over TB) and Common Opponent (which we will likely have over TB if we beat the Rams). The Saints are impressive honestly and I bet they will have a serious playoff push with backup QBs, but ultimately I think it will be too tough.

The NFC East - Dallas could end up being the sneaky team we fight the most for the top seed. They are in arguably the worst division in the conference so can accumulate wins that way. Their two non-division games that could give fits is hosting the Raiders, (though it's on Thanksgiving), at KC and hosting the Cardinals. A loss to MN could have really helped us with the tie breaking scenarios. The hope is they fall to some NFC East games.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2021 09:58
The NFC East - Dallas could end up being the sneaky team we fight the most for the top seed. They are in arguably the worst division in the conference so can accumulate wins that way. Their two non-division games that could give fits is hosting the Raiders, (though it's on Thanksgiving), at KC and hosting the Cardinals. A loss to MN could have really helped us with the tie breaking scenarios. The hope is they fall to some NFC East games.
Yeah, this is why it was reasonable to root for the Vikings last night, even though I dunno; I couldn't. I found myself rooting for the team who was on defense when the other team was in the red zone.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
They also play in New Orleans. That'll be a good game even with a 3rd-string QB in NO. Even though their division sucks, all three away games left... those are never easy wins.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Nov 2021 10:04
go pak go wrote:
Yeah, this is why it was reasonable to root for the Vikings last night, even though I dunno; I couldn't. I found myself rooting for the team who was on defense when the other team was in the red zone.
Even if we go to Dallas in the Playoffs, I'm not too worried. It would be a close first half but then we'd get the ball with 2 minutes left in the half, run for 3 yards on 1st down, then MM would take a timeout to get the ball back and we'd go on to score a TD and never look back. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
We have a serious advantage over the West with the tiebreaker on the current division leader and hosting the 2nd place team in a month.
Agree here. The Rams have a pretty tough schedule. I think, at this point, it's in our favor if Arizona wins that division... but I would certainly take both teams dropping a couple games, yet.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of surprised they are out there.

I’d prolly have given them till Wednesday off.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2021 13:36

I’d prolly have given them till Wednesday off.

Sounds like Bakh is still probably weeks away. Wouldn't doubt most of these guys, other than Lazard, are doing much more than a walk-through.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:11
Sounds like Bakh is still probably weeks away.
I didn't get that from anything I heard today. I did think it was a little bit curious that his first action back would be in a road game, so I have always kind of penciled in KC while almost fully expecting Seattle as his likely return.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
01 Nov 2021 13:36
I think after a week of not practicing, and with so many players returning, they definitely should be using available practice days to get some guys some reps. Just last week we were like "we can't have MVS and Bakh back without even having any practice," and 4 days later we're wondering why they're practicing?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:13
paco wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:11
Sounds like Bakh is still probably weeks away.
I didn't get that from anything I heard today. I did think it was a little bit curious that his first action back would be in a road game, so I have always kind of penciled in KC while almost fully expecting Seattle as his likely return.
You know what? I think I might have mixed that up with Z. Just ignore me today. Too busy to keep up on stuff so I probably shouldn't be commenting. :hide:
RIP JustJeff