Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I have a beautiful, sexy wife that I bang twice a week. It is disappointing that it isn't fifteen times a week.

Therefore the single guy with lotion and a towel is better off.

Raptor's argument.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2021 12:43
Raptorman wrote:
31 Oct 2021 12:10
Winning doesn't mean sh*t if you don't win the big game."
never heard a Packer fan spout such stupidity, but I'll take your word for it,
I don't know how you can be a member of this board, read it everyday and truthfully say that. :lol:
Last edited by go pak go on 31 Oct 2021 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
31 Oct 2021 12:10
Let me paraphrase just about every Packer fan over the last 45 years when I talk about my Vikings from the 70's. "Winning doesn't mean sh*t if you don't win the big game."

Tampa has just as many Super Bowls in the same time frame. Pittsburgh. Dallas has more. Giants. Denver, Baltimore. What's more impressive, a team that wins all the time yet falters in the playoffs or one that has a losing record over time and wins the big game occasionally? The fact is Green Bay has been blessed with two HOFs qb's over the last 30 years and has squandered away Super Bowl because they can't put a decent defense together.
I absolutely agree with this. I grew up in Sioux Falls the, SD so was always the minority fan so usually I just heard Vikings fans talk sh*t. But then I did start to notice when Rodgers won it the arrogance of Packers fans and "winning it all" again talk become more prevalent. I saw it when I moved to the Cities too.

I think early on Packers fans viewed the Packers as a championship team because they for the most achieved their goal when they had the team to do it. Lombardi won his years, Holgrem won two NFC Titles and then Ted Thompson and McCarthy won their title with the promise of many more to come.

Then the 2010's happened and the Packers struck out when they had teams to do it which I believe humbled or at the least angered Packers fans. It's a tough pill to swallow knowing the Bucs have the same amount of rings in my lifetime as the Packers do.

Last year was the cherry on top for me. That one was brutal.

I have always regarded MN as a great franchise. I always considered them a top 10 franchise. They have performed very well in my life for the exception of never having "that guy" at the QB position. But their home crowd is super advantageous and by and large, they have had great offensive weapons with a sound defense.

As far as impressive franchises the last 25 years, I think what New England has done is in a class of their own. I think GB 2nd but I wouldn't argue too hard if people included the Steelers and Ravens in that group. Next would probably be Denver (can't ignore 3 SBs), Seattle and New Orleans. MN is in the group below the Giants and probably Eagles.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2021 13:27
I have always regarded MN as a great franchise. I always considered them a top 10 franchise. They have performed very well in my life for the exception of never having "that guy" at the QB position. But their home crowd is super advantageous and by and large, they have had great offensive weapons with a sound defense.
the Diff between us and NE is that Belichick brought in seasoned vets to make sure they had a very good defense when his draft picks didn't pan out or they had injury's, Guty's doing that now and we can see the difference that makes, imho it's the biggest reason why we struggled so much in PO games during the last decade.

I've been accused of being a Rodgers worshiper, after time to mull that over I'd like extend my appreciation to all accusers, :lol: he's a once in a lifetime QB, as good as Bart was imo Rodgers is better, when ya look around to all the teams that havn't had a great QB in years ya have to count your blessings, these HOF types don't grow on tree's.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
31 Oct 2021 16:37
go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2021 13:27
the Diff between us and NE is that Belichick brought in seasoned vets to make sure they had a very good defense when his draft picks didn't pan out or they had injury's, Guty's doing that now and we can see the difference that makes, imho it's the biggest reason why we struggled so much in PO games during the last decade.

I've been accused of being a Rodgers worshiper, after time to mull that over I'd like extend my appreciation to all accusers, :lol: he's a once in a lifetime QB, as good as Bart was imo Rodgers is better, when ya look around to all the teams that havn't had a great QB in years ya have to count your blessings, these HOF types don't grow on tree's.
Far too early to say any of that stuff. You can start making those declarations if it results in a SB win.

I'm happy about Gute's approach since 2019, but it hasn't born any SB ring fruit yet. But he absolutely has been more aggressive in bringing in vets at the bottom of the roster than Ted Thompson did. Which I like too.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2021 17:08
But he absolutely has been more aggressive in bringing in vets at the bottom of the roster than Ted Thompson did. Which I like too.
Yeah, I really think the difference between signing college prospects you liked that are on the street or a PS after falling off a roster in their first 2 years... and signing veterans to fill roles even at bargain basement prices, so minimal if any cap difference... has really given us some extra edge. Like, Gutey isn't ever going to stick with MD Jennings and whoever that other late round safety bust was.. McMillin? There would have been 2 4th or 7th year close-to-minimum salary vets competing with them. I've always liked the "sign a stopgap vet, draft a developmental replacement" approach to filling holes. Gutey is doing both, while TT usually stuck with only the latter half--not as universally often as his reputation indicates, but usually.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Derrick Henry most likely out for year. The NFL just lost 2 cool points, it is a better league with Henry in it.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
01 Nov 2021 09:00
Derrick Henry most likely out for year. The NFL just lost 2 cool points, it is a better league with Henry in it.
There goes my MVP ballot

Unrelated, I just found my pre-draft take on the old board about the Cowboys' favorite new backup QB, and couldn't help but share it:
YoHoChecko wrote: I also REALLY like the idea of developing the mechanics and working on the arm strength of Cooper Rush because the scouting reports about his ability to see and process the field are incredibly good. I think he could easily become Matt Flynn 2.0 and maybe even work his way up to Chad Pennington 2.0.

(highlight from the same thread. [mention]BF004[/mention] recommended that I check out Deangelo Yancey from Purdue; [mention]NCF[/mention] recommended I take a look at Zach Pascal. Points to NCF.)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Nov 2021 09:08
Packfntk wrote:
01 Nov 2021 09:00
There goes my MVP ballot

Unrelated, I just found my pre-draft take on the old board about the Cowboys' favorite new backup QB, and couldn't help but share it:
YoHoChecko wrote: I also REALLY like the idea of developing the mechanics and working on the arm strength of Cooper Rush because the scouting reports about his ability to see and process the field are incredibly good. I think he could easily become Matt Flynn 2.0 and maybe even work his way up to Chad Pennington 2.0.
(highlight from the same thread. @BF004 recommended that I check out Deangelo Yancey from Purdue; @NCF recommended I take a look at Zach Pascal. Points to NCF.
well that would raise him to the level of a Aaron Rodgers then, right? :hide: :nono: :thwap: :rotf:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
31 Oct 2021 12:53
I have a beautiful, sexy wife that I bang twice a week. It is disappointing that it isn't fifteen times a week.

Therefore the single guy with lotion and a towel is better off.

Raptor's argument.
Maybe he's banging her 13 times a week. Only you don't know it. :banana:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The idea that wining many games is meaningless if you never win the big one is crazy. There were a good number of teams and great players over the years who never won the big one. There never was a Super Bowl or championship game over most of the history of the NFL. Were all of those games meaningless too?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 Nov 2021 10:19
The idea that wining many games is meaningless if you never win the big one is crazy. There were a good number of teams and great players over the years who never won the big one. There never was a Super Bowl or championship game over most of the history of the NFL. Were all of those games meaningless too?
Unless you are talking about the Vikings. Then it matters. Remember, New England as a team wasn't above the .500 mark until the year 2006. (at the end of the 2005 season their record was 338 345 9) Yet now many consider them a fantastic franchise totally forgetting that for their first 33 years they made the playoffs 6 times.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (51.25 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wins are certainly not meaningless. Playoff appearances are certainly not meaningless.

But getting that first ring certainly legitimize everything done in the past. It is the same for Orgs as it for QBs.

Its hard to call a QB without a ring the GOAT, and its hard to call an org without a ring one of the best.

Eagles went through the same thing before they won their ring a few years ago.

Solution to issue is to win a Super Bowl.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2021 11:00
image.png
Remember, the Packers playoff appearances go back to the 1930s. While some of those teams only came into play in 1960.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Uhh, guys...

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

That's a significant move. Rams hate draft picks apparently.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I still think TB is (potentially) more our kryptonite than LA, though I don't hate our chances against either, but a DL with Miller and Donald is pretty scary.

God, F the Broncos for this move. The Rodgers trade is off!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
01 Nov 2021 11:40
He’s not the guy he once was, but yeah, big move for the Rams.

Read More. Post Less.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

paco wrote:
01 Nov 2021 11:40
I see it as going all in