Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:09
Adrian Peterson is going to roll out a 100 yard rushing game and everyone is going to be all hyped up about it. And like before, he'll disappear or get hurt and won't matter again. Titans should have much better options than him to replace Henry.

Read More. Post Less.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:07
I can't even tell what is being argued, but I am very thankful that I missed most of it and fully intend to remain out of it at this point.

:lombardi:
I think the revolving Lombardi indicates you probably do know. :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2021 13:59
Raptorman wrote:
01 Nov 2021 13:55
Food for thought.

The team with the worst overall record in the NFL, Tampa, has a .397 Win percentage has two Super Bowls.
and hardly anyone remembers how much of a dumpster fire they have been because of those 2 rings
Or you guys are just super young?

I'm not even old and everyone my age remembers the "creamsicles." We, as a leaguewide fanbase, literally were just talking about the possibility of the Jags breaking the Bucs' futility record for consecutive losses. The reason why Tony Dungy is in the HoF is because he found a way to win in Tampa. That was Mike Holmgren for us; Ron Wolf for us. NFL fans who are over 40 (I'm not quite there yet) are completely aware that the Bucs were one of the worst franchises in the league for multiple decades.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:15
Drj820 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
01 Nov 2021 13:55
Food for thought.

The team with the worst overall record in the NFL, Tampa, has a .397 Win percentage has two Super Bowls.
and hardly anyone remembers how much of a dumpster fire they have been because of those 2 rings

I'm not even old and everyone my age remembers the "creamsicles." We, as a leaguewide fanbase, literally were just talking about the possibility of the Jags breaking the Bucs' futility record for consecutive losses. The reason why Tony Dungy is in the HoF is because he found a way to win in Tampa. That was Mike Holmgren for us; Ron Wolf for us. NFL fans who are over 40 (I'm not quite there yet) are completely aware that the Bucs were one of the worst franchises in the league for multiple decades.
Maybe has to do with my age, but overall I think they WERE known as a perpetual dumpster fire...but then when discussing perpetual dumpster fires they got removed from the conversation tremendously after their first ring in 2000. It did alot to elevate them past other orgs in terms of reputation.

Now after their second, you never hear them mentioned in the groups of dumpster fires.

Yet, without those rings you would still hear them mentioned more...so that demonstrates what a ring can do for an org in terms of reputation.
Last edited by Drj820 on 01 Nov 2021 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Broncos have a lot more games to lose if they want to be front-runners for a Rodgers trade with only one first round pick in their quiver.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

NCF wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:07
I can't even tell what is being argued, but I am very thankful that I missed most of it and fully intend to remain out of it at this point.

:lombardi:
I don't think anything is being argued. Just agreed upon in different ways.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
Adrian Peterson is going to roll out a 100 yard rushing game and everyone is going to be all hyped up about it. And like before, he'll disappear or get hurt and won't matter again. Titans should have much better options than him to replace Henry.
Although not much, you do know he was Detroit's leading rusher last year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:19
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:15
Drj820 wrote:

Maybe has to do with my age, but overall I think they WERE known as a perpetual dumpster fire...but then when discussing perpetual dumpster fires they got removed from the conversation tremendously after their first ring in 2000. It did alot to elevate them past other orgs in terms of reputation.

Now after their second, you never hear them mentioned in the groups of dumpster fires.

Yet, without those rings you would still hear them mentioned more...so that demonstrates what a ring can do for an org in terms of reputation.
The Bucs have 4 eras.

1. Creamsicle era - they were terrible

2. Cool jersey era - they were awesome on defense.

3. Weird Digital Alarm Clock jersey era - they were terrible.

4. Cool jersey era - they have Brady

By and large the Bucs are a terrible organization that benefited from Tony Dungy and Tom Brady.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Raptorman wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:31
paco wrote:
Yeah, and our backup RB from last year is Detroit's leading rusher this year... leading rusher in Detroit is not particularly useful information.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

During the '90s it was.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Raptorman wrote:
paco wrote:
He averaged a remarkable 37 yards rushing per game.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Packfntk wrote:
01 Nov 2021 15:02
Raptorman wrote:
paco wrote:
He averaged a remarkable 37 yards rushing per game.
See YoHoChecko post above as well.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
The Broncos have a lot more games to lose if they want to be front-runners for a Rodgers trade with only one first round pick in their quiver.
I have a feeling Rodgers stays next year then leaves for free the following year - just a hunch.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
01 Nov 2021 16:34
YoHoChecko wrote:
I have a feeling Rodgers stays next year then leaves for free the following year - just a hunch.
I think the logical decision is to trade Love and extend Rodgers. Then to punish Gutey for his stupidness we put him in a stock at the top of the hill at that addition they made outside the stadium and allow kids to smack him with Kraft singles on the way down the hill for $5 a pop.

I’d go around 5 times or so myself.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Nov 2021 17:04
bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think the logical decision is to trade Love and extend Rodgers. Then to punish Gutey for his stupidness we put him in a stock at the top of the hill at that addition they made outside the stadium and allow kids to smack him with Kraft singles on the way down the hill for $5 a pop.

2 pound Frozen blocks of government chedder. Much better.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Who needs another stock sale…?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I don't think that's what he'll want, but if the deal is feasible and Love looks good in some mop-up duty or something this week, and we can actually get a reasonable return for him, I mean, hey, this is the year to do it. The QB class in the draft is a joke. Nothing but big school disappointments and small school boom/bust risks. I could see a team that liked Love being willing to move for him if he gets any good film out there. Heard the Steelers were high on him before the draft. They didn't have a pick before ours to test that theory. :idn:

I still think financially and personality-wise, the most reasonable outcome is a mutual parting this offseason. After last year, I don't read anything into how happy Rodgers is and how good he feels during the season as it pertains to his broader life plans outside of this season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Nov 2021 18:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
bud fox wrote:

I don't think that's what he'll want, but if the deal is feasible and Love looks good in some mop-up duty or something this week, and we can actually get a reasonable return for him, I mean, hey, this is the year to do it. The QB class in the draft is a joke. Nothing but big school disappointments and small school boom/bust risks. I could see a team that liked Love being willing to move for him if he gets any good film out there. Heard the Steelers were high on him before the draft. They didn't have a pick before ours to test that theory. :idn:

I still think financially and personality-wise, the most reasonable outcome is a mutual parting this offseason. After last year, I don't read anything into how happy Rodgers is and how good he feels during the season as it pertains to his broader life plans outside of this season.
Yup. I am skeptical of anything he says on how much he loves life, Green Bay, etc.

Because he literally said the same thing 1 year ago.

I mean. We know he loves Green Bay. But we also know business is business. For all sides.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2021 14:37
The Bucs have 4 eras.

1. Creamsicle era - they were terrible

2. Cool jersey era - they were awesome on defense.

3. Weird Digital Alarm Clock jersey era - they were terrible.

4. Cool jersey era - they have Brady

By and large the Bucs are a terrible organization that benefited from Tony Dungy and Tom Brady.
This list makes no sense. Creamsicle era is cool jersey era! :lol: I think the red ones are boring. :sleeping:

Seriously though, you all forgot the Bucs were actually good from 1979-1981...and then went back to sucking when they pissed off Doug Williams.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi