Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Labrev wrote:
02 Nov 2021 16:19
I was under the impression D-Jax played with Rodgers at Cal. Nope, they missed each other by a year; I got him mixed up with Marshawn Lynch who were both on the team in 2004. Still, I'm sure they are familiar with one another.

Jackson would be a huge boost to our return game. Not sure there's a role for him on O, though, which kinda puts him back at Square 1 if he leaves LA for that reason only to join us. We already have our deep threat in MVS and a quality slot receiver in Cobb, and this team runs though Jones and Adams on offense anyway. It's probably not a question of playing for a contender, either, seeing as LA is one of the top dogs.
Still worth the tire kick. Upgrade on teams and give him some snaps on O. Hes still fast. It isnt going to hurt

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
02 Nov 2021 16:23
Labrev wrote:
02 Nov 2021 16:19
I was under the impression D-Jax played with Rodgers at Cal. Nope, they missed each other by a year; I got him mixed up with Marshawn Lynch who were both on the team in 2004. Still, I'm sure they are familiar with one another.

Jackson would be a huge boost to our return game. Not sure there's a role for him on O, though, which kinda puts him back at Square 1 if he leaves LA for that reason only to join us. We already have our deep threat in MVS and a quality slot receiver in Cobb, and this team runs though Jones and Adams on offense anyway. It's probably not a question of playing for a contender, either, seeing as LA is one of the top dogs.
Still worth the tire kick. Upgrade on teams and give him some snaps on O. Hes still fast. It isnt going to hurt
I'm sure we kick the tires. I just don't think Jackson will want to play for us. If LA isn't a good fit for him, the Packers likely aren't either.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Soon to be 35 year old Desean Jackson who has not returned more than 10 punts/kicks since 2013 is very likely not the answer.

He returned 1 punt in in 2020, 5 in 2018, 2 punts and 8 kicks in 2015, and 1 punt in 2014.

I would say there may better options out there to kick the tires on.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2021 16:59
Soon to be 35 year old Desean Jackson who has not returned more than 10 punts/kicks since 2013 is very likely not the answer.

He returned 1 punt in in 2020, 5 in 2018, 2 punts and 8 kicks in 2015, and 1 punt in 2014.

Maybe there is. Any names?? Either way a game changer isnt out there

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
02 Nov 2021 18:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2021 16:59

There is always a game changer out there. Not dopy fan's job to identify them. Depends on the gm's balls to make the call.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Realist wrote:
02 Nov 2021 18:40
Backthepack4ever wrote:
02 Nov 2021 18:28
There is always a game changer out there. Not dopy fan's job to identify them. Depends on the gm's balls to make the call.
Somewhat ironically, I find this sentiment to be extremely... unrealistic

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Desean Jackson is not the type of player we want on the Packers.
For starters, hes old...which is something we could forgive if he had the attitude of a Peppers or Big Dog.

The man is in perfect position with LA to compete for a ring, yet he is still a malcontent.

We want guys who want a ring above all.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2021 19:46
For starters, hes old...which is something we could forgive if he had the attitude of a Peppers or Big Dog.

The man is in perfect position with LA to compete for a ring, yet he is still a malcontent.

Don't we want a guy who wants to play, rather than sit back and get a ring doing nothing? Not defending picking up Jackson. But lots of guys just want a ring for doing nothing.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
02 Nov 2021 22:33
Drj820 wrote:

Don't we want a guy who wants to play, rather than sit back and get a ring doing nothing? Not defending picking up Jackson. But lots of guys just want a ring for doing nothing.
I want a guy who wants to contribute to getting a ring in whatever way is most helpful, not a guy who is worried about his touches.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
02 Nov 2021 22:33
Drj820 wrote:

I would so no. Because he won't get that in GB. We don't stroke ego's in GB outside of D. Adams. We want Cobbs, Lazards, Lewis's who are ready to play when called upon and ready to block but not b*tching when they don't get enough snaps or balls.

I never thought we were a good for Jackson. We are literally the Rams for him.

At the best Jackson would replace Amari Rodgers who already hardly plays. Maybe a role like this increases a little if Lazard takes over some "Tonyan roles" but I think Cobb and MVS will take those snaps
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Glad we passed on Desean. Way too much baggage for way too little difference making ability.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
03 Nov 2021 07:13
Glad we passed on Desean. Way too much baggage for way too little difference making ability.
I mean we didn't pass on Desean. He is currently a free agent.

Desean gets to pick where he wants to play now.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 07:51
So in a class of Justin Jefferson and CeeDee Lamb, I took Jerry Juedy and Henry Ruggs in dynasty. Cool. Coolcool.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 08:05
German_Panzer wrote:

He might find himself surprised how small his market is.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 08:12
go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 08:05
German_Panzer wrote:

He might find himself surprised how small his market is.
I agree. I don't see too many teams interested. He flashes and he gets injured a lot. He had a big game vs Tampa this year where he should have had two explosive plays. One was a bad throw by Stafford and the other connected. Don't think he's done much since.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Its looking like the Browns/OBJ thing is coming to a head. He's been excused from practice today. It's obvious he wants out, or at least get thrown the ball. But Browns only option is to cut him now, and I don't think that's going to happen.

Remember back in the day when there was 1 maybe 2 dramatic things in an entire NFL season? Now there as half a dozen every week.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wow.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I get that these are just kids, but man, the poor decision making... Unbelievable.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 11:16
I get that these are just kids, but man, the poor decision making... Unbelievable.
He's 22. I don't consider that as being a kid. He's an adult with extremely poor decision making and judgment who cost another human being his/her life out of stupidity and recklessness.

Sad all around.

*not trying to put words in your mouth or be presumptive saying you're using a "kid" defense. Not at all.