Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, I think with all things Rodgers, starting about midway through the offseason drama, it's more fun to laugh about and cross our fingers for the best

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Some people seem to be ignorant about COVID and vaccines for it.

The best immunity is to have had COVID and recovered. But people can get it several times. I know someone who has had it twice.

The vaccine does not protect anyone from getting COVID. I know this because a member of my family has COVID right now and she was vaccinated twice in the spring. The primary advantage to the vaccine is to lessen the severity.

And now, for a football relevance. Enjoy it now, it is possible the season is going to be cancelled. Or at least played in empty stadiums again. And be thankful that our stadium is outdoors.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

If Rodgers is out for Sunday already, then he is NOT vaccinated. If a vaccinated player tests negative two consecutive days, then they can play, as we heard about Adams. What bothers me is how selfish this shows Rodgers to be. He is obviously not following established protocols and goes to an indoor Halloween party. This all shows complete lack of concern about his teammates and coaches. Rah, rah team!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:55
Just wanna point out how your avatar went from epic to legendary. :aok: :beer2:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:58
paco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:55
Just wanna point out how your avatar went from epic to legendary. :aok: :beer2:
I know. :aok: :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 12:48
Why all the hate for Rodgers? Adams was vaccinated and tested positive. No reason to believe Rodgers wouldn't have tested positive if he was vaccinated. The "science" has created these very confusing situations. A virus is going to virus no matter what we do. Get on with our lives and protect the vulnerable.
people say this all the time, protect the vulnerable, my question is how do you do that when so many non vaccinated are every where, no one is masking now days except in medical offices or hospitals, most food establishments around here don't require masks or safe distancing, same for most of rural America, the vulnerable still have to buy grocery's and take care of other personal needs, and masking isn't 100% safety net, n ot like vaxxing, attempts at heard immunity is why the covid death rate is so high in the southern states and in some parts of rural America such as where I live

life time associate/friend died Sunday, proud and boisterous anti Vaxxer, so freaking senseless :bigcry:

If this is all true with Rodgers, and he lied about the vaccination then I hope this is his last season as a Packer, same for any other player that refused to vax, imho this is worse then his shananigans prior to the draft.

first I have to read that crap about Favre trying to steal tax dollars, now this with Rodgers, I'am losing my hero's to complete idiocy :bkw:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

[mention]packman114[/mention] the hate is just like a player who pops positive for marijuana. We all get high and know it's accepted, but we also know the rules.

Rodgers being unvaxxed means that a positive test mandates 10 days out, not just 2 negative tests until you return. It means that if Kurt Benkert tests positive, there's a good chance you miss the game as a close contact, just like Lazard did.

If you are the leader of a team and your job is to play the most important position in football, you are accepting additional risk TO THE TEAM if you don't get the shot.

That's how we can have a thorough discussion of this without the science or the politics. The NFL and NFLPA agreed on rules and protocols. Those rules and protocols basically say, hey, if you don't get vaccinated, there are a lot of extra risks to your ability to play and to your team's ability to put guys on the field.

Those are the rules, like them or not. So Rodgers gets hate for exposing his team to the FOOTBALL risk of missing multiple games. He will be lucky to make it back in time from Seattle (assumed no symptoms, quick negative tests as his body processes it).

Rodgers gambled with his football availability and lost. It's not a personal or private decision at that point. As an NFL football player whose job requires you to be in close contact with 70 people fairly often, it's a choice that impacts everyone. No politics, no science. Just NFL/NFLPA rules. So yeah, people are gonna blame Rodgers for not doing the bare minimum to attempt to avoid this scenario. And he deserves to.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:10

If this is all true with Rodgers, and he lied about the vaccination then I hope this is his last season as a Packer, same for any other player that refused to vax, imho this is worse then his shananigans prior to the draft.

first I have to read that crap about Favre trying to steal tax dollars, now this with Rodgers, I'am losing my hero's to complete idiocy :bkw:
Wow. I am actually proud of you yoop.

I was curious how you would react to all this. I honestly was wondering if you would try and sweep all this under the rug.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:33
"The Internet is undefeated"

--Aaron Rodgers
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not sure what is going on here really. Can’t keep up with this thread moving so fast. I’m in the middle of moving bases so I’ve got a lot going on.

What I can tell is Rodgers said he was vaccinated. I’m sure there had to be proof of vaccination at some point for the claim to be verified by the team and NFL. We already know vaccinated players can catch Covid because of Adams.

As far as I can tell he’s vax’d and got unlucky like Adams. This should be a non issue.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

One thing that shouldn't be understated is that hopefully Aaron Rodgers, the human being, doesn't get seriously ill or die. A lot of people in their late 30's who are not vaccinated are getting hospitalized and put on vents.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:35
Not sure what is going on here really. Can’t keep up with this thread moving so fast. I’m in the middle of moving bases so I’ve got a lot going on.

What I can tell is Rodgers said he was vaccinated. I’m sure there had to be proof of vaccination at some point for the claim to be verified by the team and NFL. We already know vaccinated players can catch Covid because of Adams.

As far as I can tell he’s vax’d and got unlucky like Adams. This should be a non issue.
Until Rodgers says something, we won't know for sure. But the story is that Rodgers got either an unrecognized vaccination or some other holistic "immunization". In any case, whatever he got is not recognized by the NFL (reported that he tried to get the NFL to accept it and they said no). So he's out 10 days regardless and has to pass all the tests to come back.

This is the only question that matters though.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Also, I hope the whole team wasn't at his Halloween party or this is going to potentially derail our quest for the #1 seed.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:38
One thing that shouldn't be understated is that hopefully Aaron Rodgers, the human being, doesn't get seriously ill or die. A lot of people in their late 30's who are not vaccinated are getting hospitalized and put on vents.
He looked fine yesterday. I doubt he even has symptoms yet. Unless he got this way earlier from someone like Adams.

The Halloween story....I don't buy that. Incubation period is longer than the 3 days.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:38
Exactly, we can all think he's dumb, smart, or whatever. But none of us want him to go the way so many others have. Hope he's ok and will fully recover if he is having symptoms.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
03 Nov 2021 13:33
"The Internet is undefeated"

--Aaron Rodgers
Bbahhahaha, in the comments

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. Sounds like he is not vaccinated. The Packers were well aware. Protocols followed. He also pretty deliberately bent his words to make the media think he was vaccinated and that is where the assumption that he was came from.

I know it's no one's business but his own, but as QB of the Green Bay Packers or any NFL player, for that matter, I wish he would have been more up front about it.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »