Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Labrev wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:11
Some guys have had it and it seemed to affect their performance when they got back -- weaker, tiring out more easily, etc.
The only thing we know is that he tested positive for the presence of some virus. We don't know if he is actually sick. Those are 2 different things
For example - You can drop your phone in the water and it gets wet - but you don't know if its partially ruined, totally ruined or unscathed.
IT. IS. TIME

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
Vaccinations may not prevent getting the virus but by all accounts, it lessens the severity of the symptoms

What's done is done, we've lost him for at least a week, quite possibly two. But now what I'm worried about is how he'll look after he comes back. Some guys have had it and it seemed to affect their performance when they got back -- weaker, tiring out more easily, etc.

Dammit Aaron! :x
The sad part is he will still be treated as unvaccinated when he returns even though his antibodies will in all likelihood be better than any vaccinated player or coach.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:19
Labrev wrote:
Vaccinations may not prevent getting the virus but by all accounts, it lessens the severity of the symptoms

What's done is done, we've lost him for at least a week, quite possibly two. But now what I'm worried about is how he'll look after he comes back. Some guys have had it and it seemed to affect their performance when they got back -- weaker, tiring out more easily, etc.

The sad part is he will still be treated as unvaccinated when he returns even though his antibodies will in all likelihood be better than any vaccinated player or coach.
This is verifiably false information and has ZERO to do with this subjected. Take it back to your home in the politics forum.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:41
Rodgers says he's "immunized." League says he's not vaccinated. So to me, it sounds like he's one of those "I had the virus and developed natural antibodies, so I consider myself safe/"immunized" and don't need the vaccine" types.

Which is a statement trying to parse the language and the implications of it, rather than an invitation to discuss the science or politics behind it.
If this is the case with AR, they should allow him to play. Unless he actually has the 19.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

JKB wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:26
YoHoChecko wrote:
Rodgers says he's "immunized." League says he's not vaccinated. So to me, it sounds like he's one of those "I had the virus and developed natural antibodies, so I consider myself safe/"immunized" and don't need the vaccine" types.

Which is a statement trying to parse the language and the implications of it, rather than an invitation to discuss the science or politics behind it.
If this is the case with AR, they should allow him to play. Unless he actually has the 19.
He tested positive. And he is also not vaccinated.

So kind of a double whammy there.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I can't believe we've made it to page 9 of this without the mods having to move the convo to the Round Table. :police:

Proud of y'all (who haven't had your posts deleted). :beer2:

Can we make it to page 10? :pray:

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Raptorman wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Agreed 💯 Rapt

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:27
JKB wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:26
YoHoChecko wrote:

He tested positive. And he is also not vaccinated.

So kind of a double whammy there.
Ok thanks, I missed the positive test part thought it was he was the around other positive people.
Another point though is past positive cases should count the same as past vaccinations.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

salmar80 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:28
I can't believe we've made it to page 9 of this without the mods having to move the convo to the Round Table. :police:

Ahh, yes I will restrict any further commenting….

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

JKB wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:34
salmar80 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:28

Ahh, yes I will restrict any further commenting….
:lol:

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

Got a feeling that by Monday we will be referring to Arrowhead Stadium as "the Love Shack"! ;)

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

If one ever wants to freak people out, go and get a bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills* and then eat the whole bottle in front of them. :chuckle:

*They must be homeopathic, or the joke will be on you!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I have mixed opinions on this. On the one hand, I like how it provides a complete diversion from the path that the Rodgers situation has been taking and I don't see how the team possibly covering for him breaking the rules couldn't help things thaw. I also like to see him break the rules because the rules at this point are pretty stupid, and I like to see him basically tell the NFL to suck it. I also like how mad the liberals are undoubtedly going to get. I like that we get to see Jordan Love in action for a game or two as a sort of test run, which is something I had hoped to see (for just a game or two) this season anyway.

On the other hand, it sucks because he gives us our best chance to win, and we need wins. Plus as Labrev said, some players who get covid end up sucking when they get back. Plus I don't like that this seems fiancee-driven, which is a bad sign because he has had a history of being a whipped cuck when it comes to his gfs, and that's never good. I also don't like that if he was dead-set on doing some alternative treatment, why can't he just go with a good one like Ivermectin. Alternative treatments for COVID are a right-wing thing, but he somehow found a way to get a left-wing alternative treatment. Also, that alternative treatment seems like total horse &%$@ (which ostensibly makes it worse, but could actually end up being more chad if he sticks by it). Also he is my FF QB so that really sucks.

So, needless to say, I am conflicted. I guess if I have to pick, I would say I am disappointed because I need him for fantasy.
Last edited by texas on 03 Nov 2021 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:25
Raptorman wrote:
Labrev wrote:

This is verifiably false information and has ZERO to do with this subjected. Take it back to your home in the politics forum.
Sorry, this has everything to do with it. This isn't politics, it's science. When Rodgers returns, he will be treated once again as unvaccinated. You can't separate that from the thread because you think it's not relevant. What part of that is not relevant? He was unvaccinated before and still is. So, in the future, he will be treated the same by the team and the NFL if he gets covid again. Unless he is vaccinated.

But if you say it is verifiably false, please explain what part of NFL vaccine protocols deals with unvaccinated covid positive in the past players.
The NFL considers a player fully vaccinated if they fall into one of the two following categories. They either are 14 days removed from their final dose of Pfizer, Moderna or the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or they previously contracted COVID and are 14 days removed from a single dose of any vaccine.
States they still must have at least one vaccine shot to qualify. So, What part is verifiably false?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/new ... g3gtdctcdz

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Sorry, this has everything to do with it. This isn't politics, it's science. When Rodgers returns, he will be treated once again as unvaccinated. You can't separate that from the thread because you think it's not relevant. What part of that is not relevant? He was unvaccinated before and still is. So, in the future, he will be treated the same by the team and the NFL if he gets covid again. Unless he is vaccinated.

But if you say it is verifiably false, please explain what part of NFL vaccine protocols deals with unvaccinated covid positive in the past players.
The NFL considers a player fully vaccinated if they fall into one of the two following categories. They either are 14 days removed from their final dose of Pfizer, Moderna or the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or they previously contracted COVID and are 14 days removed from a single dose of any vaccine.
States they still must have at least one vaccine shot to qualify. So, What part is verifiably false?

Part of your statement is verifiably false. Not the place to discuss. Take your politics back to the Politics forum. Rising from the muck with any crack and only settle back down when pushed back:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:18
Raptorman wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Part of your statement is verifiably false. Not the place to discuss. Take your politics back to the Politics forum. Rising from the muck with any crack and only settle back down when pushed back:
What part is false? This isn't political. This is science.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:20
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:18
Raptorman wrote:

What part is false? This isn't political. This is science.
You turned it into politics when you ignored science with your statement. Go back to our cesspool if you want to discuss it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sal jinxed it by congratulating people...

Look, here's the thing. Your opinions or facts about COVID and how people should or shouldn't be treated do not matter in this case. You can say it matters all you want, but it does not. It doesn't matter if you like the rules or you don't; or if the rules are scientifically verified or they aren't.

The NFL does not allow marijuana, which has extensively researched medical benefits and is legal medicinally or recreationally, as well as tested as safe, in most of the country. That's a medical decision the league takes out of their hands.

The NFL has a very, very extensive list of banned substances to put in your body. Some of those are FDA approved, many are proven safe, and many are effective for various different purposes. Those are medical decisions taken out of players' hands.

A company and its union agreed to a set of rules and Rodgers has to follow them, and it doesn't matter if you think it's unfair that he be treated as unvaccinated when his antibodies are whatever. As was said, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FOOTBALL THREAD.

what matters is
  • a) how the rules say he should be treated
  • b) did he break any rules
  • c) when can he come back
  • d) health and symptom updates
Your little vendettas don't mean anything to me or the Packers. Your notions that the NFL treats it's fans differently than its players is the most asinine thing I've ever heard because of course the NFL does not take responsibility for people that do not work for them as the people who do. And your theories on what treatments work or don't can fall like crocodile tears on my medical marijuana prescription's impact on my ability to hold a security clearance.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:24
Sal jinxed it by congratulating people...

Look, here's the thing. Your opinions or facts about COVID and how people should or shouldn't be treated do not matter in this case. You can say it matters all you want, but it does not. It doesn't matter if you like the rules or you don't; or if the rules are scientifically verified or they aren't.

The NFL does not allow marijuana, which has extensively researched medical benefits and is legal medicinally or recreationally, as well as tested as safe, in most of the country. That's a medical decision the league takes out of their hands.

The NFL has a very, very extensive list of banned substances to put in your body. Some of those are FDA approved, many are proven safe, and many are effective for various different purposes. Those are medical decisions taken out of players' hands.

A company and its union agreed to a set of rules and Rodgers has to follow them, and it doesn't matter if you think it's unfair that he be treated as unvaccinated when his antibodies are whatever. As was said, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS FOOTBALL THREAD.

what matters is
  • a) how the rules say he should be treated
  • b) did he break any rules
  • c) when can he come back
  • d) health and symptom updates
Your little vendettas don't mean anything to me or the Packers. Your notions that the NFL treats it's fans differently than its players is the most asinine thing I've ever heard because of course the NFL does not take responsibility for people that do not work for them as the people who do. And your theories on what treatments work or don't can fall like crocodile tears on my medical marijuana prescription's impact on my ability to hold a security clearance.
:clap:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:26
Raptorman wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:22

You turned it into politics when you ignored science with your statement. Go back to our cesspool if you want to discuss it.
What part of my statement is false and/or political?

Here it is again. Explain or shut the hell up.
Go back to the political forum if you want to push you politics! You can spread whatever you want in there.
So you have nothing. Got it. There are only two possibilities.

1, He won't be treated as unvaccinated when he comes back.
2. He will more than likely have better antibodies than someone who is vaccinated.

Neither is political. The first one is based on the NFL protocols.
The second one is based on a hundred years of science dealing with vaccines.