Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 14:58
Chiefs very similar to the Packers 2015 season. Really good until the league figured something out.

First 4 weeks Chiefs offense has produced:

33 Points vs CLE
35 Points vs BAL
24 Points vs LAC
42 Points vs PHI

Last 4 weeks Chiefs offense has produced:

20 Points vs BUF
31 Points vs WASH
3 Points vs TEN
20 Points vs NYG
I'm not sure that I buy yet that the Chiefs have been solved. When I watch them play, I don't think "oh defenses are just taking their game away." I think "holy crap what a dumb decision to throw that" and "woah, another fumble!"

It feels self inflicted, which is very real and should benefit us. But it also means that basically if they avoid giving away two bonehead turnovers per game, they offensive output will drastically change.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:30
go pak go wrote:
Chiefs very similar to the Packers 2015 season. Really good until the league figured something out.

33 Points vs CLE
35 Points vs BAL
24 Points vs LAC
42 Points vs PHI

20 Points vs BUF
31 Points vs WASH
3 Points vs TEN
20 Points vs NYG
I'm not sure that I buy yet that the Chiefs have been solved. When I watch them play, I don't think "oh defenses are just taking their game away." I think "holy crap what a dumb decision to throw that" and "woah, another fumble!"

It feels self inflicted, which is very real and should benefit us. But it also means that basically if they avoid giving away two bonehead turnovers per game, they offensive output will drastically change.
The good thing for us is KC's defense isn't very good so we should be able to run and pass against them. Look what the lowly Gmen did Monday night!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Honestly this game didnt have the juice to me that the national media wanted to give it. I thought we would roll the Chiefs with Rodgers about 40-27.

Now, this game takes on all new life. I am already terrorizing my Bears fan friends and falcons fan friends using the line about how by Sunday night Arrowhead would be referred to as The Love Shack, also using the line about how "Itl be nice to get to see the second best QB in the division play" and all the good stuff I have picked up on here.

I get the sense they are terrified they might see what Patrick Mahommes looked like before his wife regularly embarrassed him by twerking in his brothers tik tok videos.

This is Jordans time. Just need a clean game where he shows off the arm just a few plays. Please Jordan, just nothing stupid and we will be fine. Im ready for the rest of the NFCN to watch the game and get depressed because they know we bout to keep this dominance going another decade.

Time to show up JLove.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:53
go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 16:17
Or they are division rivals in 1 year.
that makes no sense
Rodgers isn't going to a talent-depleted broncos team that's about to fire their HC and traded their current talent for future draft picks. If Rodgers gets traded anywhere in 2023 it will be to a team like 2020 Tampa where they are loaded and ready to roll - that's why TB chose them - because he knows he needs to be carried vs the other way around.
There are other teams in that division.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:41
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:30
go pak go wrote:

33 Points vs CLE
35 Points vs BAL
24 Points vs LAC
42 Points vs PHI

20 Points vs BUF
31 Points vs WASH
3 Points vs TEN
20 Points vs NYG

The good thing for us is KC's defense isn't very good so we should be able to run and pass against them. Look what the lowly Gmen did Monday night!
17 points and like 300 yards of offense?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean this is still Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Pat Mahommes.

I'm not going to make any proclamation we "roll them"

All it takes is for them to have a good game again and they could roll us.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Making Kansas City pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ Baked Beans and coleslaw for Sunday's game. :rodeo:
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I hope the QB situation gives us an opportunity to see that AJ Dillon wildcat personnel grouping I'm hoping for

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 18:20
I mean this is still Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Pat Mahommes.

I'm not going to make any proclamation we "roll them"

All it takes is for them to have a good game again and they could roll us.
my proclamation was when we had Rodgers, not now. When we had Rodgers I expected to play lots of keepaway that ended in TDs. Now, who knows what we will see...thats what makes it so exciting!!!

I am all in on Love this week tho. I want to see something that I know can be built on so bad. I want to break the will of the rest of the North as they say "not again!!!" in agony.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 20:51
I am all in on Love this week tho. I want to see something that I know can be built on so bad. I want to break the will of the rest of the North as they say "not again!!!" in agony.
There is so much pressure on this start, right?

Like not only all the hope for the future resting on fan perspective; and weighing the merits of Gutey's *big move*

But also this week we saw Trevor Simien and Cooper Rush and Mike Effing White play well and lead their teams to big wins. So any "you can't expect to win with a backup" narrative is blown in advance.

Gotta scheme up something good and hopefully contain the emotions and the pressure of the first start and stay within the system.

I'm excited about this game similarly to how I was about Arizona; just more chances to evaluate how the team performs in various degrees of difficulty.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 21:01
Drj820 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 20:51
There is so much pressure on this start, right?

Like not only all the hope for the future resting on fan perspective; and weighing the merits of Gutey's *big move*

But also this week we saw Trevor Simien and Cooper Rush and Mike Effing White play well and lead their teams to big wins. So any "you can't expect to win with a backup" narrative is blown in advance.

Gotta scheme up something good and hopefully contain the emotions and the pressure of the first start and stay within the system.

I'm excited about this game similarly to how I was about Arizona; just more chances to evaluate how the team performs in various degrees of difficulty.
And it’s not just fan pressure and narrative talk. Rodgers, by getting Covid, has granted the Packers a dream scenario where they can evaluate Love, against a decent opponent on the road, with a full week to practice, and while playing with the 1s.

If Love is awful...it will swing tremendous leverage back into Rodgers court in term of what happens in the offseason. If Love is god awful, the Packers may have to beg Rodgers back and Love may never start a game for the team!!

But think about if he is amazing. The keys to the kingdom will all but be his next year. And the fans will be okay with it because they will have seen his potential live in a real game.

This is big!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It is SO big!

But also, my money is on "he looks good enough to play a competitive game (and maybe win!) but people still aren't sure about him after"

I mean, if I can spend 6 hours arguing about how to interpret an Aaron Rodgers performance, I imagine consensus might be hard to find on Love's first start and what it means.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Can you imagine all the people in our NFC North opponents' lands praying on their knees "please... not three great QBs in a row!" :pray: :cry:

And if Love looks real good, they know they coulda drafted him. Except for da Bears, who still suck.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 21:15
It is SO big!

But also, my money is on "he looks good enough to play a competitive game (and maybe win!) but people still aren't sure about him after"

I mean, if I can spend 6 hours arguing about how to interpret an Aaron Rodgers performance, I imagine consensus might be hard to find on Love's first start and what it means.
Yeah I'm trying to develop reasonable expectations for this Sunday.

So far this is what I have:

1. It will be about our defense and running attack first.
2. Use Aaron Rodgers 2008 and 2021 stats as benchmarks

2008 Aaron Rodgers

63.6% Completion %
252 Yards per Game
1.75 TDs per game
0.812 INTs per game

Avg Points scored per Game = 26 points

2021 Aaron Rodgers

67.1% Completion %
237 Yards per Game
2.13 TDs per game
0.375 INTs per game

Avg Points scored per Game = 24 points

Therefore I would be really, really happy if Love gives us a 225 yards, 60% completion and no more than 1 INT game. My goal for the offense is to score more than 24 points. Anything over 27 points would be a tremendous success.

My goal for the defense is to hold the Chiefs under 24 points which is usually my goal for higher powered offenses.
Yoop wrote:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

This is going to be the most interesting game of the season.

It affects whether the Packers are even remotely thinking of bringing Rodgers back for next season. If the Packers win against a quality opponent with Love as QB, the answer is almost certainly no. If they lose badly, then the answer is maybe. Assuming the answer is no, it affects how much compensation they get for trading Rodgers.

Hopefully Love looks good and the Packers win the next 2 games with him. BUT if they do, should Rodgers sit the rest of the season unless Love gets hurt? Should they give Love the experience and count on another SB run next season? Should they risk Rodgers getting hurt and lessening his trade value?

I am 9 hours ahead of most of you. I will not miss watching this game real time

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yes this game is big for Jordan Love and there is a lot of pressure there I am sure.

But I am looking at this game being bigger on the supporting Packers. This game is big for MLF. This game is big for our defense. This game is big for our running game.

They will need to go and win a game or two without their leader who orchestrates the LOS and presnap. The defense will certainly need to be accountable on holding the Chiefs to a moderate score and give the Packers as many cracks at possessions as possible. The running game will need to produce two weeks in a row when everyone knows the ball will be given to them. The Oline needs to give Jordan time.

This game is about the Green Bay Packers.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
04 Nov 2021 07:28
Hopefully Love looks good and the Packers win the next 2 games with him. BUT if they do, should Rodgers sit the rest of the season unless Love gets hurt? Should they give Love the experience and count on another SB run next season? Should they risk Rodgers getting hurt and lessening his trade value?
Like what the heck is even happening here.

No. All of this is garbage talk.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Nov 2021 07:42
TheSkeptic wrote:
Like what the heck is even happening here.

No. All of this is garbage talk.
I want whatever TheSkeptic is taking. That has to be some next level stuff!
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 20:32
I hope the QB situation gives us an opportunity to see that AJ Dillon wildcat personnel grouping I'm hoping for
Yuck. I hate wildcat in all forms.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheSkeptic wrote:
I am going to give this the full treatment assuming you are 100% serious. The answer is unequivocally no. The reason is because even if Jordan Love looks amazing, it does not mean he is an amazing QB. If he looks like trash, it does not mean he is a trash QB. We are not going to learn everything there is to know about Jordan Love in 2 games. Aaron Rodgers is 2021. Plain and simple. He has a wealth of experience that will help him in the postseason and a million other intangible qualities that Love, the unknown, does not yet possess. It's not the dumbest question ever, but it's just one you do not entertain when you have Aaron Rodgers. It has nothing to do with Jordan Love.

Read More. Post Less.