General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
04 Nov 2021 09:50
Not necessarily going to eat this up, because people have said false things about what he has said/thinks/done many times, but I can't put it past him at this point. =\
If it doesn't impact his ability to read a defense or throw a football, I don't care.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The NFL does what it wants. I have a bad feeling we're about to be made an example for other teams.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
04 Nov 2021 10:58
The NFL does what it wants. I have a bad feeling we're about to be made an example for other teams.

MLF says they comply with the rules and they have the surveillance camera footage to prove it. The only real gray area seems to be the press conferences and the Halloween party. Reporters are saying/being told that Rodgers wears his mask in the team facility outside of the press room; that he removes his mask to walk into the press conferences (and even that sometimes the mask is still dangling from his chin).

We're going to get fined and probably docked a late round pick, but I doubt it will be much more than anything that has happened to other teams. A bit inflated due to the circumstances, but nothing in the top 4 rounds, and a MAXIMUM of a $1 million team fine (pennies), which is still double the next largest team fine. Anyway, Rodgers will compensate the team for the docked pick by being traded for more, better picks.

My concern is that they don't come for the team, but for Rodgers--throw a 2-4 game suspension in on top of missed COVID time.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

NCF wrote:

As we should. The Rodgers saga is getting beyond old. Pacifying divas. Gute and Murphy.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Realist wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:48
NCF wrote:

As we should. The Rodgers saga is getting beyond old. Pacifying divas. Gute and Murphy.
Yeah, because they are the only ones who give their superstars preferential treatment.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gutey can't win. Won't cater to Rodgers... now caters too much. :messedup:

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

So before the other thread got shut down someone mentioned a multiple game suspension possibility for Rodgers, that really on the table??

And considering how long it took the NFL to enforce their Brady deflategate punishment, would we expect this suspension to impact this season or next? (He very well may not be a packer next year, but that could impact trade value)
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:18
So before the other thread got shut down someone mentioned a multiple game suspension possibility for Rodgers, that really on the table??

And considering how long it took the NFL to enforce their Brady deflategate punishment, would we expect this suspension to impact this season or next? (He very well may not be a packer next year, but that could impact trade value)
Someone on one of the channels I watched this morning mentioned a 4-game suspension, but like, the same way people just mention things.

I think the going rate for "conduct detrimental" is 2 week minimum, but then again "conduct detrimental" may be more of a team thing than a league thing, and I don't see the Packers punishing Rodgers unless it's like those NCAA investigations where schools self-punish as a show of good will begging for mercy at the alter of the NCAA's punishment.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Add "football space" to your lexicon. You're going to be hearing it a lot. The Packers position, which I'm sure is not the NFL's position, is the "football space" does not include the media room.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:

I think we have learned by now, that in the NFL, anything is possible. They are not consistent in how fast they punish a player/team or the level of that punishment.

I would expect there to be more team related repercussions (if any) in this case. So fines and possible lost draft picks. Unless they find the only violations were outside the building.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:21
Add "football space" to your lexicon. You're going to be hearing it a lot. The Packers position, which I'm sure is not the NFL's position, is the "football space" does not include the media room.

I also think MLF is specifying that he only handles the "football space" and the media and other spaces are someone else's job. I'm sure this is how Murphy/Gutey have instructed MLF to answer. I'm sure we'll hear from 1 or both of them in the coming weeks.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
According to Seneca Wallace, Rodgers is a chemtrails guy (mods: move to Podium if you don't want it here)

Not necessarily going to eat this up, because people have said false things about what he has said/thinks/done many times, but I can't put it past him at this point. =\
Ooo, the rumor mill is gonna be working overtime now! What's next? Flat earth, Nazi moon bases, the Illuminati, chupacabra, bigfoot?! :shock:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:37
Labrev wrote:
According to Seneca Wallace, Rodgers is a chemtrails guy (mods: move to Podium if you don't want it here)

Ooo, the rumor mill is gonna be working overtime now! What's next? Flat earth, Nazi moon bases, the Illuminati, chupacabra, bigfoot?! :shock:
I'm pretty sure Rodgers has covered half of those already. I don't believe he's a flat earther. Nazi moon bases I would guess he's not in on, but we do know he's into aliens. Illuminati I bet is a big yes. Chupacabra and Bigfoot, pretty sure at least the latter is a yes.
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:39
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Labrev wrote:

I'm pretty sure Rodgers has covered half of those already. I don't believe he's a flat earther. Nazi moon bases I would guess he's not in on, but we do know he's into aliens. Illuminati I bet is a big yes. Chupacabra and Bigfoot, pretty sure at least the latter is a yes.
I forgot pyramid power! That would be right up his alley, for sure.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
So before the other thread got shut down
wahaaaa, heck I hadn't even looked at that thread, and it still got locked :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wonder how often a team who is #1 in most power rankings is underdogs back to back weeks.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:49
paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:39
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

I forgot pyramid power! That would be right up his alley, for sure.
I 100% believe in pyramid power.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:25
NCF wrote:
04 Nov 2021 12:21

I also think MLF is specifying that he only handles the "football space" and the media and other spaces are someone else's job. I'm sure this is how Murphy/Gutey have instructed MLF to answer. I'm sure we'll hear from 1 or both of them in the coming weeks.
smart. Very lawyer-esque.

Now that I think about it also kind of like how Rodgers responded when he was asked about getting the vaccine. \

Good job Lafleur.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:54
Realist wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:48
NCF wrote:

Yeah, because they are the only ones who give their superstars preferential treatment.
<snip> This goes a bit beyond preferential treatment.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

as expected
RIP JustJeff