Odell Beckham

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:54
paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:53
Raptorman wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:43

Why not? He has already been paid in full for the year. He only needs to sign to play. The Browns would be eating the cost.
Guys only take vet minimum if that's all that is offered. I could see Odell holding back a few game to see if someone jumps on higher demands. But I expect there to be enough interest that Odell gets more than that right away.
I could see the Raiders ponying up immediately about 5 million dollars.
Yeah, because $15.75 million for the year isn't enough. The question then becomes is he in it for the money, or does he want a ring?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
04 Nov 2021 13:13
Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:54
paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 11:53

Guys only take vet minimum if that's all that is offered. I could see Odell holding back a few game to see if someone jumps on higher demands. But I expect there to be enough interest that Odell gets more than that right away.
I could see the Raiders ponying up immediately about 5 million dollars.
Yeah, because $15.75 million for the year isn't enough. The question then becomes is he in it for the money, or does he want a ring?
If he just wanted a ring, Cleveland is not the worst place to achieve that.

I would guess he is in it for being a celebrity/marketing opportunities first, then for wanting the ball, then money (which he has secured with cleveland), and then winning.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Sign him if possible.

We have seen this story before and I'm not talking about OBJ. When the playoffs start defenses get away with more. You are able to grab and bully receivers more. We saw it in the NFCC when Lazard basically was useless. He couldnt get open. Adams got bracketed up and down the field. MVS made the most of his opportunities. You need guys who can get open and OBJ when healthy can do that. The Browns played a run first offense and really didnt use OBJ. Baker never got in rhythm with him. I really believe Baker isnt that good. He would have to take a massive paycut to cut here on a year deal.

All that said I think the Raiders go after him. They just lost Ruggs and theyre still in the hunt.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

There are certain players who would take a pay cut to play in Green Bay, WI. OBJ does not strike me as that player.

I do get a little giddy over the thought of Adams and Beckham 1-2 punch though.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

If he is released definitely go after him.

Look at Bucs with brown.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
04 Nov 2021 14:32

Look at Bucs with brown.
I just think Brown is a lot better and a lot available when it matters than OBJ at this point.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 14:53
bud fox wrote:
04 Nov 2021 14:32

Look at Bucs with brown.
I just think Brown is a lot better and a lot available when it matters than OBJ at this point.
I don't see any downside if he goes through waivers and is a free agent.

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

After his Dad posted the video of him not being thrown to, and "king" James throwing in his "FREE OBJ!!" two cents, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Great way to destroy team chemistry in a quick hurry. He strikes me as a terribly selfish individual.
Same thing with Desean Jackson. We don't need a bunch of Crips hanging around the locker room, practice field, or anywhere in the state, for that matter.
I wonder if OBS and Xibron realize that they did more harm than good to the remainder of OBJ's career...

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I found something on him where an anonymous source saying he was a cancer and other stuff. Let me find it.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Trudge wrote:
04 Nov 2021 21:07
I found something on him where an anonymous source saying he was a cancer and other stuff. Let me find it.
I think that's "A Cancer in the locker room.". But go ahead and dig.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Trudge wrote:
04 Nov 2021 21:07
Anonymous sources are pussy boys. They say the same &%$@ about Rodgers. Just a bunch of salty dudes.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Odell = instagram girl, locked up in the body of a male NFL player. Never say never, but never! :nono:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

He's supposed to be released today after re-working his contract. Depending on how that looks, I imagine someone claims him. I doubt we'll get a shot at him on the open market, if we even wanted to.

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

no thanks, we already have a spoiled prima donna on this team, and one is enough. :hide:

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Long shot, buttt if he agreed to a team favorable deal blah blah then why not

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So pretty much everyone is on the same page.

1. Either a, "No" or "sure if we can get him for vet minimum and no risk deal" - which is basically a no right?...at that point it just means OBJ has no options and we give him a try out and he accepts.

Can I just document this now?

Because I know full well there will be a strong chance of b*tching come January, "Guty never goes after guys. We would have won the SB if we brought a guy like OBJ in. Look what Brown is doing with the Bucs"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
05 Nov 2021 08:00
So pretty much everyone is on the same page.

1. Either a, "No" or "sure if we can get him for vet minimum and no risk deal" - which is basically a no right?...at that point it just means OBJ has no options and we give him a try out and he accepts.

Can I just document this now?

Because I know full well there will be a strong chance of b*tching come January, "Guty never goes after guys. We would have won the SB if we brought a guy like OBJ in. Look what Brown is doing with the Bucs"
Close, but we should let BF and the one or two others who are on board with him be mentioned in that documentation so they have an exception

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I will officially chime in that if he's cheap, he's worth signing. But not a claim situation, unless the Browns magically make the final years of his deal disappear today.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Put me down with BF004 and Lupe. If he’s eyeballing GB, you go get him. This locker room is strong enough to overcome any attitude - real or not, and I tend to lean not - and, like Jaylon Smith, it’d basically incur very little risk with great potential reward. You all were full bore Smith. A little surprised there is so much push back on OBJ.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:lol:
RIP JustJeff