Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Will this be the game where Aaron Rodgers becomes Wally Pipp?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
04 Nov 2021 08:31
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Nov 2021 20:32
I hope the QB situation gives us an opportunity to see that AJ Dillon wildcat personnel grouping I'm hoping for
Yuck. I hate wildcat in all forms.
QUADZILLA SNEAK

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Davante is back. Great news for Love.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

MLF said there is a protocol for Adams to follow and hopes he'll be ready to play Sunday. I think unless he's not feeling well, they'll give him right up to game time to make the call. So I wouldn't be worried at this point.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Lowry back too.
RIP JustJeff

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

packman114 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 08:35
Will this be the game where Aaron Rodgers becomes Wally Pipp?
Very little chance of that but I couldnt be happier if it happened. I hope he at least shows up. Kc defense is not good. He should be ok.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
04 Nov 2021 13:11
MLF said there is a protocol for Adams to follow and hopes he'll be ready to play Sunday. I think unless he's not feeling well, they'll give him right up to game time to make the call. So I wouldn't be worried at this point.
as important as the game is for Love...I feel it is also important for Adams future.

Lets assume Rodgers is gone, some might think that means Adams would want to leave also. But what if on Sunday Love looks good and Adams goes for over 100 yards and snags a TD?

Then, two things happen...Adams may no longer feel he needs to leave. Might feel he can stay at a place he loves, still be the man paired with a capable QB who will toss him rock, plus may feel confident he can still win games in GB.

And the org may suddenly feel they MUST pay Adams in a post Rodgers world so that they give Love a chance to succeed. They will see Love and Adams can build chemistry and Adams value may skyrocket in the Orgs eyes.

Big game for Adams when it comes to his future.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 15:21
paco wrote:
as important as the game is for Love...I feel it is also important for Adams future.

Lets assume Rodgers is gone, some might think that means Adams would want to leave also. But what if on Sunday Love looks good and Adams goes for over 100 yards and snags a TD?

Then, two things happen...Adams may no longer feel he needs to leave. Might feel he can stay at a place he loves, still be the man paired with a capable QB who will toss him rock, plus may feel confident he can still win games in GB.

And the org may suddenly feel they MUST pay Adams in a post Rodgers world so that they give Love a chance to succeed. They will see Love and Adams can build chemistry and Adams value may skyrocket in the Orgs eyes.

Wether Rodgers leaves or not we cannot pay Adams. Foolish.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Realist wrote:
04 Nov 2021 16:44
Drj820 wrote:
paco wrote:

Fans before an all-in season: "We should go all-in, no matter the cost!"
Fans when in an all-in season: "Wait, there's a cost!?"

:rotf:

Taking a loan is easy, paying it back sucks... We've loaned from future caps, and the bank is starting to send letters... We CAN afford Adams. But not Adams and every other player we'd like to keep. Just the way it is.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 17:01
Realist wrote:
04 Nov 2021 16:44
Drj820 wrote:

Fans before an all-in season: "We should go all-in, no matter the cost!"
Fans when in an all-in season: "Wait, there's a cost!?"

:rotf:

Taking a loan is easy, paying it back sucks... We've loaned from future caps, and the bank is starting to send letters... We CAN afford Adams. But not Adams and every other player we'd like to keep. Just the way it is.
This is the all in season. This aint the nba. Overpaying bak was about it. Now Jenkins Alexander and Adams going forward? Adams wont get us to a Sb. Wasted money for a wr.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Nov 2021 17:01
We CAN afford Adams. But not Adams and every other player we'd like to keep.
I assume [mention]Realist[/mention] is just saying that it is "his" opinion that resigning Adams would be foolish, not that it is foolish to think it is possible to resign him...because it absolutely is possible if Rodgers leaves and we boot some other players out the door. And more than that, it certainly seems like something the org is at least considering doing based off their public comments on the matter.

Personally, i recognize fully that signing Adams will cost us keeping other players, and I have publicly said i would let him walk...

But in a world where the org is saying they are trying to make it work, I cant help but think the potential connection Adams and Love show on Sunday may influence how much they desire to try to make it work.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Somebody in the online community already wrote something like this, but if Love passes for 500 yards and 5 TD with 0 INTs and runs for another 75 yards with 3 more TDs, he STILL is NOT going to supplant Rodgers, either for the next games or next year. It won't happen.

But that doesn't mean that PackerNation, ESPN, and all of the media won't hype a supposed "quarterback problem" everyplace in the world.

I personally only care about this week for Love. If he passes 200+ yards, that'll suggest some good success.
If he passes for 2+ TD, that's good for Red Zone work (unless our WRs wiggle for long scores).
But if he leads a 2-minute drill to a TD, especially at the end of the game for a victory, oh dear...

As much as I trust MLF, I think coach will do his best to get into Love's head and constantly get him to thinking "short term memory, next play only" kind of stuff.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:banana:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

D-line will be thin without Keke, hopefully Lowry goes. Otherwise more for Slaton or Heflin finally plays.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Chiefs are EXCEPTIONALLY healthy for it being week 9.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If I am counting right, we have 50 guys on the active roster. Who do we have activating for Sunday: Bakhtiari, MVS, and?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 15:42
If I am counting right, we have 50 guys on the active roster. Who do we have activating for Sunday: Bakhtiari, MVS, and?
Is Adams and Lazard on the roster yet? Or still on the COVID list?

I am assuming Rodgers and Yiadomm are already on there.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 15:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 15:42
Is Adams and Lazard on the roster yet? Or still on the COVID list?

I am assuming Rodgers and Yiadomm are already on there.
Correct, only Rodgers and Yiadom on the active roster COVD list. Adams and Lazard are both activated!