Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Is Love vax'd? Hes talking to the media in a mask. Noticed a lot of others being interviewed are bow masking up for that as well.

Watched whole thing. Said he was VACCINATED and he wears the mask because hes in the advanced protocol.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Nov 2021 20:02
Is Love vax'd? Hes talking to the media in a mask. Noticed a lot of others being interviewed are bow masking up for that as well.

Watched whole thing. Said he was VACCINATED and he wears the mask because hes in the advanced protocol.
I mean when the other two people in your position group test positive, you take extra precautions, right?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So all these proposed future scenarios related to Love performing well and what implications it has on Rodgers’ future with the team. Is it not also within the realm of possibility a strong performance by Love increases the potential value for Love to be traded?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
05 Nov 2021 22:51
So all these proposed future scenarios related to Love performing well and what implications it has on Rodgers’ future with the team. Is it not also within the realm of possibility a strong performance by Love increases the potential value for Love to be traded?
Thats all I have thought about.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
I have thought of this a lot, as well. If Love plays really well, then the team has the full array of options. They could recoup something worth the cost of the 2020 pick for Love if he looks promising in a year with a weak QB class.

Naturally, though, the most likeliest scenario is and will always be Rodgers leaving. The offseason made that pretty danged clear. But yes, a good performance by Love is good for the Packers no matter which way they harvest those resources

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Agreed that Love certainly could be the guy who increases his worth and gets traded away becuase of strong performances.

But as a fan of the Packers, you offer me a guy who is cheaper monetarily, significantly younger and will likely elevate if coached properly in play (as he is likely nowhere near his prime).....I think I want the young guy.

And if I get significantly more trade compensation to boot by trading the older guy....I just don't see why you would keep the older guy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Looking forward to hearing all the pregame commentary.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2021 05:05
Agreed that Love certainly could be the guy who increases his worth and gets traded away becuase of strong performances.

But as a fan of the Packers, you offer me a guy who is cheaper monetarily, significantly younger and will likely elevate if coached properly in play (as he is likely nowhere near his prime).....I think I want the young guy.

And if I get significantly more trade compensation to boot by trading the older guy....I just don't see why you would keep the older guy.
If the team wins the SB this year with the old guy, and he's willing to let bygones be bygones and stay on a restructured affordable deal that gives the team flexibility with other players, do you forfeit the likely significant upgraded potential at a repeat over that of a potential one-game-wonder against a porous defense?

This is the headache decision I hope Love provides the front office this weekend.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Nov 2021 23:20
APB wrote:
I have thought of this a lot, as well. If Love plays really well, then the team has the full array of options. They could recoup something worth the cost of the 2020 pick for Love if he looks promising in a year with a weak QB class.

Naturally, though, the most likeliest scenario is and will always be Rodgers leaving. The offseason made that pretty danged clear. But yes, a good performance by Love is good for the Packers no matter which way they harvest those resources

I don't see these options as clearly as I did a week ago, did you watch Lafluers presser, he looked like he's beyond fed up with Aaron Rodgers shenanigans, obviously he knows Rodgers is our meal ticket to win a SB this year, but in private I bet he'll be rooting for Love more then anyone else this Sunday, he looks like a coach ready to move on, and who can blame him.

Rodgers cost to much to keep, doing so will mean we'll lose other key players, it depends how well Love looks Sunday and the rest of the season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
06 Nov 2021 07:23
go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2021 05:05

If the team wins the SB this year with the old guy, and he's willing to let bygones be bygones and stay on a restructured affordable deal that gives the team flexibility with other players, do you forfeit the likely significant upgraded potential at a repeat over that of a potential one-game-wonder against a porous defense?

This is the headache decision I hope Love provides the front office this weekend.
My answer is unequivocally yes.

The best time to sell an asset is when their value is high. The one thing that puts a kink in this mindset is the success Brady is having in Tampa; however, I also do not believe GB can provide the supporting cast to Rodgers after this season that TB has been able to provide Brady. I don't think we can provide Rodgers a supporting cast to him in 2022 that we have been able to provide in 2019 - 2021.

If Jordan Love at the least shows there is indeed hope for him, you have to go with him moving forward. It allows the next generation of Packers to stay together, have the ability to keep some key guys (like I really want to keep D'Vondre Campbell) and would also give us draft assets to build that next window to set up GB to be a perennial power for the next 10 years again.

I can't pass that up. If I drafted a kid in round 1 and I see his development into year 2 and I can relieve financial cap pressure, gain draft assets and have a coach I have faith in to develop this QB.....I'm going with the young kid.

I truly believe the best outcome of 2021 for the Green Bay Packers is to win a title, get max value for Rodgers in a trade, and see enough in Love to have the hope that we could have something in him.

Alternatively, I also think it's the best situation for Rodgers as he can go to a team who isn't pulled as tight in their cap management and can therefore sell out to put together a top squad for 2 - 3 years.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Nov 2021 07:34
YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Nov 2021 23:20
APB wrote:

I don't see these options as clearly as I did a week ago, did you watch Lafluers presser, he looked like he's beyond fed up with Aaron Rodgers shenanigans, obviously he knows Rodgers is our meal ticket to win a SB this year, but in private I bet he'll be rooting for Love more then anyone else this Sunday, he looks like a coach ready to move on, and who can blame him.

Rodgers cost to much to keep, doing so will mean we'll lose other key players, it depends how well Love looks Sunday and the rest of the season.
I watched the presser and I was annoyed for MLF. I think he was simply more annoyed by the questions the media was asking him. They were questions that MLF has no business or qualification to answer. And also questions he could clearly care less about.

But I think there is that element of wanting to move on from GB's perspective. I mean long run, do you really want to go through every offseason after this being held hostage to Aaron's emotions? Do you want your organization to endure Rodgers going on his version of the "The View" with a super supportive reporters/hosts only allowing Aaron to spill his side and play the victim card every week?

There is definitely that factor outside of the field of play that many organizations would like to move on from if they have ability to.

And my feelings on this have changed absoltuely zero percent after this week. Nothing that Rodgers did or said this week surprised me this. A super thoughtful, arrogant, funny, charismatic, whining victim who likely overstates his mental ability and value on many topics is the person has always been and always will be.

This is why I never understood the "all in" or "all out" opinions of Aaron Rodgers. He is a complicated, talented, successful guy who also has a career of accolades, successes, shortcomings and "oh so close" outcomes.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really liked how Jordan Love portrayed himself in the press conference. Seems confident, level headed and a no bullsh*t approach.

I just really like him.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2021 09:38
Really liked how Jordan Love portrayed himself in the press conference. Seems confident, level headed and a no bullsh*t approach.

I just really like him.
Looking forward to worshipping him for the next 17 years, then despising him for another 5, before getting back over it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 09:40
go pak go wrote:

I just really like him.
Looking forward to worshipping him for the next 17 years, then despising him for another 5, before getting back over it.
"40 years of top QB play and all we have is 6 SB rings to show for it."
Yoop wrote:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

So, roughly, two in the first 30/29/28, but four in the next 10/11/12? Even I'd be happy with that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Nov 2021 21:31
lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Nov 2021 20:02

I mean when the other two people in your position group test positive, you take extra precautions, right?
NO, absolutely not, you go to a team halloween party and snuggle up with everyone throwing caution to the wind, cause after all you've taken special precautions, consoled with other anti vaxxers to get up to date info on how to game the NFL system that was put in place to help teams and players remain covid free and safe :thwap:

no way Rodgers would miss that Halloweenie, he grew his hair out for a year, ya have to be in awe of that kind of dedication to immatate the John Wick character :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 09:40
go pak go wrote:

I just really like him.
put a 10 season cap on QB's, our last two took advantage of our kindness to keep them around :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:

I just really like him.
Great motivation to hold out buying a #10 Dickey jersey from some custom made jersey store. I'd buy a 60s throwback Bratkowski or Dickey #12 jersey in a fraction of a heartbeat if I could find where to get it made in the You Ess of Eh.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Don't have faith in Love, I have faith in the team putting together a great game to win this sucker! Move the ball score points! :munch:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Can't wait to watch Love's first regular season start. At this point he has to be about as ready as he's going to get. If dude can play, he'll look the part.