Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

German_Panzer wrote:
07 Nov 2021 01:22
Don’t beat me: Somehow I do not hope Love plays lights out for I want Rosgers to stay with the Pack for good. :hide:
You want the Packers to lose????? And maybe not only this game but the next since it is possible Rodgers will miss 2 games? You do understand that losing the next 2 games means the Packers will not be the #1 seed and will not have home field advantage and less likely to be going to the Super Bowl?
:dunno:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I love Aaron Rodgers. He turned me off in the offseason, but the last two seasons have been an absolute joy to watch him on the field. I also liked his interview and don’t blame people for not screaming their health decisions to the public. That said....

I am PUMPED to watch Love today. The org is bigger than any one player and today represents the next phase/the future. I hope to leave today feeling confidence about that future.

My bears fam cousin is just so convinced love will bust out bc it’s “impossible to hit gold 3x in a row”. I keep telling him there is a process to this stuff, and the bears just haven’t figured that process out yet lol

I hope he leaves today disheartened knowing another decade of terror is on the way for the rest of the North
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Nov 2021 06:12
German_Panzer wrote:
Don’t beat me: Somehow I do not hope Love plays lights out for I want Rosgers to stay with the Pack for good. :hide:
You want the Packers to lose????? And maybe not only this game but the next since it is possible Rodgers will miss 2 games? You do understand that losing the next 2 games means the Packers will not be the #1 seed and will not have home field advantage and less likely to be going to the Super Bowl?
don't put words in peoples mouths, it gives us the impression your a mind reader, GP might have thought that but he did not say it, we can win while Love doesn't play well.

saying all that I hope Love plays like the second coming of Rodgers ( actually better) cause he may have to for more then just 1 or 2 games, the media is hell bent on forcing accountability from not only the NFL but also the GB Packers concerning Rodgers skirting the NFL rules and the team as well as the NFL for allowing it to go on for half the season, we could be without Rodgers for multiple games.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/opinion-ar ... 56224.html

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 06:41
I love Aaron Rodgers. He turned me off in the offseason, but the last two seasons have been an absolute joy to watch him on the field. I also liked his interview and don’t blame people for not screaming their health decisions to the public. That said....

I am PUMPED to watch Love today. The org is bigger than any one player and today represents the next phase/the future. I hope to leave today feeling confidence about that future.
:aok:

Exactly. You can be both. You can love Rodgers and watching him play and you can root like crazy for Love.

I want Rodgers to have two SB rings and then have serious debate of what's the next step for GB after season when that time comes.

The only time I sort of "root against" a player or hope the person behind him passes him is if I am convinced there is a clear talent increase. Like I was hoping someone would clearly jump Yiadom because you could clearly see he wasn't the answer and was only playing because he was the "safe" pick.

Otherwise, root for your Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 05:33
BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 23:03
He's had two years. Can't stop babying him. Definitely something we should be looking out for to determine if he was a good selection or not.
As previously noted, he hasn't had two years. He's in his second year, neither of which have had the practice and competition available in most.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
My bears fam cousin is just so convinced love will bust out bc it’s “impossible to hit gold 3x in a row”. I keep telling him there is a process to this stuff, and the bears just haven’t figured that process out yet lol

I agree. It’s impossible to hit gold 3 times in a row with elite QBs.

I also feel it’s impossible to hit brown 20+ times in a row with bad QBs. But da Bears have done it!

:boring: :cheer: :cigar:
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

TheSkeptic wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
No, I want the Packers to win of course, but I also want Love to play so that Gute thinks "oh, well, let's rather get something done with Aaron". I am nostaligic-sentimental. The same happened back then with Favre/Rodgers. I hate it when guys like Manning, Brady, Favre, ... leave "their" teams to go elsewhere for cheap shots.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, I wanna be so pumped up to watch some pregame, but no way I can watch any.

Busting out my Brett jersey today, some twisted way that makes sense in my head.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
07 Nov 2021 08:10
go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 05:33
BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 23:03
He's had two years. Can't stop babying him. Definitely something we should be looking out for to determine if he was a good selection or not.
As previously noted, he hasn't had two years. He's in his second year, neither of which have had the practice and competition available in most.
I was hoping my response on a "needing 607 TD passes" today would have been clear my post was being facetious ;) .
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
07 Nov 2021 08:41
TheSkeptic wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
No, I want the Packers to win of course, but I also want Love to play so that Gute thinks "oh, well, let's rather get something done with Aaron". I am nostaligic-sentimental. The same happened back then with Favre/Rodgers. I hate it when guys like Manning, Brady, Favre, ... leave "their" teams to go elsewhere for cheap shots.
I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy Super Bowl XLV.

Because you know. Rodgers shouldn't have been our QB. Damn 2007 Cowboys game.

Seriously. I know it hurts to see him in a different uniform. But if Love plays well and we have another awesome QB...who cares? Life goes on and it will be sweet if we struck magic once again.

That's what you want if you are a Packers fan.
Yoop wrote:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Drj820 wrote:
To be fair, most Bears fans also believe it's impossible to find a great quarterback twice in a row. Or even once.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:25

Busting out my Brett jersey today, some twisted way that makes sense in my head.
Awesome! Go Love Go!

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Like Tom Brady said a couple of weeks ago, the NFL has become a skills oriented league. It isn't as tall of a task as it once was for a backup QB to step in and play with competence right out the gate. Love is a great athlete- I expect him to move the ball today and keep us in a position to compete.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 09:25

At least on Fox the Veterans Day stuff at the Naval Academy is taking a lot of the talk time. I was gonna walk down there if it looked like they had fans and stuff, but it appears to be only for the Midshipmen.

Also, the Rodgers stuff was thoroughly discussed already at the top of the hour, so you might be safe now.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
07 Nov 2021 11:17
Like Tom Brady said a couple of weeks ago, the NFL has become a skills oriented league. It isn't as tall of a task as it once was for a backup QB to step in and play with competence right out the gate. Love is a great athlete- I expect him to move the ball today and keep us in a position to compete.
Get your "Gotta Love It" bumper sticker designed and distributed ASAP! You heard it here first. Start paintiing the fences too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

#1 offseason priority

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 12:10
I was thinking about this week but I decided not to post it until we see how it plays out

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m really hoping to see something from Deguara. Last year was a short sample size but he looked promising. This year I’m not sure anyone on the offense has been worse.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
07 Nov 2021 13:10
I’m really hoping to see something from Deguara. Last year was a short sample size but he looked promising. This year I’m not sure anyone on the offense has been worse.
I don't think Tonyan has been significantly better this year. So I would say the shoes aren't huge to fill. Just block well and do your normal TE plays to get that 35 yards of receiving. That would be a success.
Yoop wrote: