Packers Big Board - #9

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
17%
Mekhi Beckton, T, Louisville
29%
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
4%
Hennry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
4%
Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina
21%
CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
8%
Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
No votes
Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
4%
A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
4%
Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
4%
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
4%
K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE/LB, LSU
No votes
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
No votes
Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
No votes
Kenneth Murray, ILB, Oklahoma
No votes

Total votes: 24

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
24 Mar 2020 18:52
Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:39
NCF wrote:
24 Mar 2020 10:35

Not if these other 10-15 guys we are voting ahead of Burrow were also there. I don't get the Burrow love. He's not that special of a QB. Yeah, at 30, I'd have to think long and hard about it and it probably would be the best pick, but Burrow is not some generational talent.
Him or Tua are the best at the position in the draft, which is the most important position in the game. I believe they are already better than probably 10-15 the starting QB's in the league, at the age of 22-23. You wouldn't immediately hop on him at 30? Good Lord.
I've been voting for Burrow since this started. If either one of these 2 are there at 30 Gute will take one of 'em. We didn't need Rodgers at 24 in 2005 either.
We will never know because it won't happen, but I would bet a lot that we would not draft a QB at 30 if all of them fell there.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Ha. Not to re live the BF thing but at 30 we still have 5 years control not 4. I would say 3 behind AR....sooner if injury and the next 2 years you have that window. Heck if they like what they see maybe a reasonable extension. I just cant get on board of passing on a guy I feel will be top 10 nc we have a 35 year old qb now.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:14
Man, I guess others look at big boards differently. I always thought you rate who you see the best talent regardless of position.

This ain't no Big Board.

This is Packers Big Board!!!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I went with Beckton and then Queen.

I love me some Queen.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Mar 2020 19:54

I love me some Queen.
I read "went with Beck and then Queen" and thought this was the "What are you listening to" -thread.... :messedup: Time for Sal to ZZzzzzzzzz....

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Mar 2020 20:00
I read "went with Beck and then Queen" and thought this was the "What are you listening to" -thread.... Time for Sal to ZZzzzzzzzz....
:rotfl:

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Polls here you can have up to 20 options and for these polls now I'm setting to 3 votes per user, so make your votes count.

Also, any and everyone is welcome to make the next poll whenever one looks like it has run its course.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:

I love me some Queen.
be interesting to see what GM's think and who is picked first between Queen, who I think we need, and Murray who I think Pettine may prefer.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2020 09:17
go pak go wrote:

I love me some Queen.
be interesting to see what GM's think and who is picked first between Queen, who I think we need, and Murray who I think Pettine may prefer.
I prefer Queen out of the two.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
25 Mar 2020 09:48
Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2020 09:17
go pak go wrote:

I love me some Queen.
I prefer Queen out of the two.
Undersized ILBs worry me. I seriously haven't looked, but how many examples are there of them succeeding in both the run and pass?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 11:10
Undersized ILBs worry me. I seriously haven't looked, but how many examples are there of them succeeding in both the run and pass?
He's a LB, though. He's physical, he's a solid tackler. He's not this overhang defender/quasi-safety type of guy, so that makes me feel a little better.

At the end of the day, I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
25 Mar 2020 11:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 11:10
He's a LB, though. He's physical, he's a solid tackler. He's not this overhang defender/quasi-safety type of guy, so that makes me feel a little better.

At the end of the day, I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.
the thing is, at the end of 1 neither will be available, of the two I agree NCF Queen will go first, NFL.Com (who could be wrong) grade him Higher and Murphy isn't that much bigger, they rate Queen as the 11th and Murphy 18th highest rated players in the entire class.

Queen would have been the starter earlier for LSU except for the top tier lbers there before him of Jones, Alexander, and last years Devon White, and non where what you'd call big, but all a 3 dn lbers.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/patrick-q ... 9ee3bd3f96

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
25 Mar 2020 12:20
the thing is, at the end of 1 neither will be available, of the two I agree NCF Queen will go first, NFL.Com (who could be wrong) grade him Higher and Murphy isn't that much bigger, they rate Queen as the 11th and Murphy 18th highest rated players in the entire class.
There really isn't a ton of consensus, which is somewhat surprising. I am not giving up hope that one of them will be there. But, if they are both gone, seemingly that will push one or more of the WR's or OT's down to us. It can play out so many ways, but only 29 players can actually be drafted before we are on the clock.

Read More. Post Less.