Jordan Love Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Jordan Love wasn't solely responsible for losing the game but he certainly contributed:

bad throws
bad reads
bad audibles
bad pocket presence
bad time management
and there were multiple times in which looked neither physically nor mentally ready to play at this level
And this was against arguably the worst defense in the NFL.

Plain and simple, no less than 25 other starting NFL QB's would've walked out of this game with a W. Rodgers, of course, would've routed them by 20-plus.

A 1st round pick that you had to trade up to get needs to look better in his second season.
From another site.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

No way can you write him off. Hell Mahomes looked off today too. I am so disappointed in MLF, especially after watching highlights of the Cardinals today. They had Colt McCoy a former starter in the league and they were still throwing out trick plays to make things happen.

Today was the perfect day to have Cobb throw a pass or try some end arounds or flea flickers. Make the defense think you will do anything at anytime. That would have taken some of the pressure off Love.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I don't expect untested QBs to make good decisions, but he really should have beat at least a few of those blitzes. :(

On the fumbled snap, he clearly wasn't watching the play clock.

Mildly surprised he usually got the play off in time, since Rodgers seems to have so much trouble with that.

LaFleur is going to be harping on his footwork this week. Way too many off-platform throws. (Yes, I know the protection was often bad.)

Just 5.6 yds/att is not good (Mahomes was worse!)

This game was like Hundley territory, but with fewer turnovers.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:59
salmar80 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:47
Yeah, I didn't see the it.

Disappointed. Not disappointed enough to write him off completely, but certainly didn't improve in my book.

The thing that sucked the most was that none of our blitz counters worked. All options from screens to deep shots to 1-1 backshoulders were off synch.
This is where I am at.
There wasn't time for any deep shots.
He didn't get to practice with his best receiver.
The only screen I remember was a center screen. Just 1. And Jones got tackled before the ball arrived.
Backshoulders don't work if the QB and WR are not on the same page after years of working together.
The #1 option should be a tall TE with long arms and good hands. Tonyan is on IR. Lewis is too slow. All the other TE's are really FB's.
The #2 option should be outlet passes. It worked once with Cobb. It worked once with Dillon. I don't remember it being tried very often.

Starting inside your own 10 yard line time after time did not help.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love today = Aaron Rodgers at Tampa in 2020 and at Detroit 2019
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:15
once again you discredit all the things Rodgers does that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Rodgers eats those blitzes alive today, and looked a million times better than Love looked today in Tampa. The defense gave up 28 points in one quarter down in tampa.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
Hoping that isnt a serious comparison given the two players.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:24
go pak go wrote:
Hoping that isnt a serious comparison given the two players.
ludacris comment. im hoping it was hyperbole.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Disappointed, but not in Love. I felt we needed to play good complimentary football to put him in position to lead us to victory. Instead, a wasted performance of brilliance from the D and a unforgivable performance from the ST.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:27
Disappointed, but not in Love. I felt we needed to play good complimentary football to put him in position to lead us to victory. Instead, a wasted performance of brilliance from the D and a unforgivable performance from the ST.
Definitely dishearted by Love, but yes. Far more disappointed in the STs.

The Packers had 5 drives inside the 40 yardline and only got 7 points out of it.

We should have won today.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

NCF wrote:
Totally agree. Unforgivable ST performance. The D played great.

Hope Clark is OK

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

NCF wrote:
Totally agree. Unforgivable ST performance. The D played great.

Hope Clark is OK

Game plan and play calling did no favors to Love. He will be fine.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
once again you discredit all the things Rodgers does that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Rodgers eats those blitzes alive today, and looked a million times better than Love looked today in Tampa. The defense gave up 28 points in one quarter down in tampa.
I mean this is pretty stupid so this shouldn't continue after this. All I was pointing out is everyone has bad games.

But to say I discredited Rodgers and what "didn't show up in the stats sheet?" Come on dude.

The Bucs scored 28 points in the 2nd quarter because Rodgers threw a pick 6 and an interception immediately after that put the ball at like at the 2. Rodgers was personally responsible for 14 points and missed a TD play by missing Lewis.

Be mad that I cherry picked games for comparison. I can totally get that. But don't defend Rodgers in those games. He was terrible.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:39
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
I mean this is pretty stupid so this shouldn't continue after this. All I was pointing out is everyone has bad games.

But to say I discredited Rodgers and what "didn't show up in the stats sheet?" Come on dude.

The Bucs scored 28 points in the 2nd quarter because Rodgers threw a pick 6 and an interception immediately after that put the ball at like at the 2. Rodgers was personally responsible for 14 points and missed a TD play by missing Lewis.

Be mad that I cherry picked games for comparison. I can totally get that. But don't defend Rodgers in those games. He was terrible.
Yeah a bad game for Rodgers is nothing like what we saw today in my opinion. The way the D played today, Rodgers could have played the worst game of his career and we would have won by 3 scores.

Speaking of Rodgers, we have 3 game lead in the division. I wouldnt mind if he had to miss another game and we got to see Love again next week. We need to see if another shot at it could help him or if this is just who he is.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:39
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Rodgers was better than Brady in the Bucs game.
Rodgers receivers and line were the problem.

I cant remember the other game to be honest.

The Rodgers haters so mad that another QB couldn't come in and get it done. A first round pick who has sat for a year and a half. Also against a pathetic defence.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
If Rodgers had played today there is no way in hell KC blitzes like that.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Also would love to hear about all these players in front of Rodgers as MVP.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:04
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Another thing that doesn’t show up on stat sheets...Rodgers mere presence alters game plans and softens the defense.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Rodgers has been in the league for 17 years, the reigning MVP and a HOF shoe-in. Expecting Love to play at that level (ever?) is laughable.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:21
Pugger wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:04
Drj820 wrote:

Another thing that doesn’t show up on stat sheets...Rodgers mere presence alters game plans and softens the defense.
I'd rather have the defense play aggressive. It's up to MLF and Love to make the defense pay.

Super upsetting they couldn't do that.

I'm very irratable after this loss. Because that was a SB level defensive play today.
Yoop wrote: