Jordan Love Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lulu wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:25
Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:24
go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:15
Jordan Love today = Aaron Rodgers at Tampa in 2020 and at Detroit 2019
once again you discredit all the things Rodgers does that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Rodgers eats those blitzes alive today, and looked a million times better than Love looked today in Tampa. The defense gave up 28 points in one quarter down in tampa.
Rodgers has been in the league for 17 years, the reigning MVP and a HOF shoe-in. Expecting Love to play at that level (ever?) is laughable.
I did not expect that haha

My only point was Rodgers worst game in the last decade was Miles ahead of what we saw from love today. As it should be.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Bortles got to AFCCG. Just saying.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

With the information we have now, I'd be inclined to move on already if we have to make a decision. I'm also inclined to just let Rodgers do his thing if it is Rodgers vs GBP Inc. Rodgers' explanation for the offseason seemed reasonable. His personnel moves have been a success (bringing back Cobb). Love clearly ain't it. Rodgers is now a full-on Joe Rogan bro and I love his attitude regarding the everything that has transpired the past week. He has also undoubtedly been back at an MVP level now for a couple years.

So I'm inclined to switch sides in the Murphy v Rodgers debate. I'm on Team Rodgers now.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:34
With the information we have now, I'd be inclined to move on already if we have to make a decision. I'm also inclined to just let Rodgers do his thing if it is Rodgers vs GBP Inc. Rodgers' explanation for the offseason seemed reasonable. His personnel moves have been a success (bringing back Cobb). Love clearly ain't it. Rodgers is now a full-on Joe Rogan bro and I love his attitude regarding the everything that has transpired the past week. He has also undoubtedly been back at an MVP level now for a couple years.

So I'm inclined to switch sides in the Murphy v Rodgers debate. I'm on Team Rodgers now.
Attachments
63C7D9AB-0EDF-48EB-852A-CAB722771932.gif
63C7D9AB-0EDF-48EB-852A-CAB722771932.gif (5.61 MiB) Viewed 394 times
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

Love is going to get another year of watching Aaron.
And everything is gonna be alright...

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yeah, I mean I would definitely punt another year if we have the ability to do that. Let him get another full year behind Rodgers. Rodgers himself didn't look good until year 3.

He looked like Hundley today but he also seemed to have a lot more natural talent than Hundley.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:33
You mean the guy who was playing golf when the Packers called him? There is a reason for this.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

williewasgreat wrote:
08 Nov 2021 05:29
wallyuwl wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:33
You mean the guy who was playing golf when the Packers called him? There is a reason for this.
No, the team Bortles was on got to the AFCCG. We all saw him in the preseason, go back and watch it. Benkert is better.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’ve been reading a lot of excuses being laid out for Love on this board. Game plan, O-Line, ST blunders, etc.

Fact is - and in line with the title of this thread - Love simply didn’t perform well in his opportunity. MLF didn’t suddenly become a terrible play-caller. The O-Line didn’t suddenly fall off a cliff. And hell, the ST has sucked all season.

The Packer offense has a counter for those blitzes KC ran over and over yesterday. Love just didn’t execute. Whether it was quick reads or inaccuracy, Love failed time after time. The O-Line was getting overrun by 8 and 9 man blitzes because 5 or 6 blockers can’t block 8 or 9 rushers. Love has got to know this and has got to get the ball out. Yeah, the O-Line wasn't perfect but all this scapegoating to mask Love’s indecisiveness and inaccuracy is avoiding the core of the problem: Love.

The ST failed again. Boo hoo. It fails every week. That should be part of the weekly game plan by now - compensating for ST blunders. Hell, the defense did EXACTLY that yet here we are placing blame for the loss on ST failures and sugar-coating Love’s ineptness.

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m not casting final judgment on Love just yet but I place most of the blame for this loss directly on him. He failed to execute within the proven and successful schematic construct of this offense and the score board is a direct reflection of that. The defense covered for the ST failures. Unfortunately they couldn’t cover for Love’s ineptness.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
08 Nov 2021 08:40
I’ve been reading a lot of excuses being laid out for Love on this board. Game plan, O-Line, ST blunders, etc.

Fact is - and in line with the title of this thread - Love simply didn’t perform well in his opportunity. MLF didn’t suddenly become a terrible play-caller. The O-Line didn’t suddenly fall off a cliff. And hell, the ST has sucked all season.

The Packer offense has a counter for those blitzes KC ran over and over yesterday. Love just didn’t execute. Whether it was quick reads or inaccuracy, Love failed time after time. The O-Line was getting overrun by 8 and 9 man blitzes because 5 or 6 blockers can’t block 8 or 9 rushers. Love has got to know this and has got to get the ball out. Yeah, the O-Line wasn't perfect but all this scapegoating to mask Love’s indecisiveness and inaccuracy is avoiding the core of the problem: Love.

The ST failed again. Boo hoo. It fails every week. That should be part of the weekly game plan by now - compensating for ST blunders. Hell, the defense did EXACTLY that yet here we are placing blame for the loss on ST failures and sugar-coating Love’s ineptness.

As I mentioned yesterday, I’m not casting final judgment on Love just yet but I place most of the blame for this loss directly on him. He failed to execute within the proven and successful schematic construct of this offense and the score board is a direct reflection of that. The defense covered for the ST failures. Unfortunately they couldn’t cover for Love’s ineptness.
Agreed. I think it's ridiculous to state his career is over or he is a bust, etc. at this point.

But it is equally absurd to watch that game and not say that Love put out a poor performance.

We didn't need much. The margin of error was quite large. Just 2 more 3rd down conversions drastically changes the trajectory of the game.

I will say the STs yesterday put out their worst performance of the season as it took away 6 points and gave 3 in a defensive matchup. You can't have that. But it also is not reasonable to hope for 20 points or more of production with the RBs we have and all out blitz they employed.

All it took was one play for Love to make them pay. And he never did it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
even Lafluer says he pooched it, do you even bother to pay attention to our slow starts this season, or that we are worse in the red zone then almost every other team, ya our coach has struggled this season, what tends to happen though is Rodgers and Lafluer quickly adjust the game plan according to the defense and we move the ball well between the twenty's because there is more green to work with.

and KC was not rushing 8 and 9 players, typically it was 5 or 6 which obviously was enough, sure blame Love for not getting rid of the ball, but he rarely had time to find anyone since most of the time the receivers had there back to him racing 20 yrds down field, once MLF started using shorter routes Love looked better.

we where getting 5 yrds a run, why would you then have Love waiting on go routes to open exposing him to that pass rush? thats insane.

last nights game didn't show us who LOve can be, and to judge him after Lafluer made it so hard for him to succeed is short sighted.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2021 09:08
APB wrote:
even Lafluer says he pooched it, do you even bother to pay attention to our slow starts this season, or that we are worse in the red zone then almost every other team, ya our coach has struggled this season, what tends to happen though is Rodgers and Lafluer quickly adjust the game plan according to the defense and we move the ball well between the twenty's because there is more green to work with.

and KC was not rushing 8 and 9 players, typically it was 5 or 6 which obviously was enough, sure blame Love for not getting rid of the ball, but he rarely had time to find anyone since most of the time the receivers had there back to him racing 20 yrds down field, once MLF started using shorter routes Love looked better.

we where getting 5 yrds a run, why would you then have Love waiting on go routes to open exposing him to that pass rush? thats insane.

last nights game didn't show us who LOve can be, and to judge him after Lafluer made it so hard for him to succeed is short sighted.
I agree with Yoop. Man, that almost stung a little bit. :lol:

Love showed some promise later in the game when the blocking and gameplan was a bit better. MLF had a bad game. The thought that Love was going to go bonkers was a narrow hope. Did he play great? Certainly not. He's still way to jittery in there when feeling the rush. Backs up too much when he should be stepping up.

Still...The Packers starting QB in 2022 will be Jordan Love. Not Aaron Rodgers. Come to terms with it and move forward. The decision has been made and it's not changing outside of a bad injury to Love. Rodgers will be on another team or retired.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2021 09:12

Still...The Packers starting QB in 2022 will be Jordan Love. Not Aaron Rodgers. Come to terms with it and move forward. The decision has been made and it's not changing outside of a bad injury to Love. Rodgers will be on another team or retired.
I wouldn't be so sure of that after Love's performance yesterday. If he would have played well, yes. AR was the big winner yesterday.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Nov 2021 09:17
paco wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that after Love's performance yesterday. If he would have played well, yes. AR was the big winner yesterday.
Very little will change my mind that Rodgers is gone after this year. Even if we Love plays every game from here on out and looks the same.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2021 09:20
wallyuwl wrote:
paco wrote:

Very little will change my mind that Rodgers is gone after this year. Even if we Love plays every game from here on out and looks the same.
Love still needs a ton of grooming, so imo unless we play him more against nfl competition it's hard for the average fan as well as coaches to know if he can at minimum manage a game better.

still how many first game rookie type QB's would do well against a constant 5 and 6 man pass rush with rarely ever having a open outlet receiver, which was often the situation Love had to deal with yesterday, KC brought heavy pass rush, and clogged all the underneath zones counting on the rush to get to Love before any receivers got open, and for the most part that worked, Love had very little time before he had to scramble.

If we want to get rid of Rodgers then we'll need to see more of Love this year, lis, I'd play him again versus Seattle, give him a better game plan, and I think we'll have a better idea who LOve can become. :idn:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
08 Nov 2021 09:38
paco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Love still needs a ton of grooming, so imo unless we play him more against nfl competition it's hard for the average fan as well as coaches to know if he can at minimum manage a game better.

still how many first game rookie type QB's would do well against a constant 5 and 6 man pass rush with rarely ever having a open outlet receiver, which was often the situation Love had to deal with yesterday, KC brought heavy pass rush, and clogged all the underneath zones counting on the rush to get to Love before any receivers got open, and for the most part that worked, Love had very little time before he had to scramble.

If we want to get rid of Rodgers then we'll need to see more of Love this year, lis, I'd play him again versus Seattle, give him a better game plan, and I think we'll have a better idea who LOve can become. :idn:
I think a 2nd game would do wonders for Love. Something to build on, and maybe even having Bakhtiari back. If he next start is next season, that doesn't help a ton. But I also wouldn't do it if Rodgers is ready to return. The goal this season is to win a SB, and he give us the best shot right now. Not to mention his version of the offense isn't exactly killing it either.
RIP JustJeff

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

paco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
paco wrote:

I tend to agree. You can cope with the QB not being a "team player" to an extent, because the job is so obviously distinct frm every other job on the field. But sooner or later, when the QB is so much into the game for himself and ot for the team, as AR seems to be now - it can't go on. Unless Rodgers really wants to stay, I don't think either side has enough reason to persuade the other one to accept less than they would really want.

As for Love? He had a very poor first half, a poor third quarter, and a competent fourth quarter. I thought he looked the part of an NFL quarterback in Quarter 4, the last two drives. Not necessarily a good QB, but he looked like a QB. There is a rapid progression there. It's far too soon to write him off. (I'd like to see him again against Seattle, just to see if the improvement continues. But I don't expect we will.)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Peter Bukowski is breaking down all of Jordan's passes from yesterday, the good and the bad. Worth it to follow him and see that.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

As awesome as the D played yesterday, still unfortunate they couldn’t get a stop in 4:30 and give Jordan any kind of chance.

Could have made for an epic finish.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

dsr wrote:
08 Nov 2021 09:44
paco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

I tend to agree. You can cope with the QB not being a "team player" to an extent, because the job is so obviously distinct frm every other job on the field. But sooner or later, when the QB is so much into the game for himself and ot for the team, as AR seems to be now - it can't go on. Unless Rodgers really wants to stay, I don't think either side has enough reason to persuade the other one to accept less than they would really want.

As for Love? He had a very poor first half, a poor third quarter, and a competent fourth quarter. I thought he looked the part of an NFL quarterback in Quarter 4, the last two drives. Not necessarily a good QB, but he looked like a QB. There is a rapid progression there. It's far too soon to write him off. (I'd like to see him again against Seattle, just to see if the improvement continues. But I don't expect we will.)
I don't even take into account the stuff that happened before this season or what's going on now. Even from a money situation, its what needs to happen. But I'm done talking about that here, not the place, so I won't hijack this anymore.
RIP JustJeff