Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wow.

Packers held the Chiefs to 237 yards.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:20
Wow.

Packers held the Chiefs to 237 yards.
Packers had the advantage in passing yards, rushing yards. yards per play, time of possession, fewer penalties and time of possession.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One thing is all but certain, Rodgers decision to go to a Holloween party, or not do all he can to protect himself ( i dont care that he wasnt vaccinated, just the choices he made in season after making that decision) 100% cost us this game. We wipe the chiefs by 3 scores with Rodgers playing considering what our D did today.

Very well could bite us in the race for the NFC.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The Chiefs have to know deep down they got incredibly lucky Rodgers got sick. If AR was under center they get smoked. I hope 12 is cleared to play next Sunday.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:58
One thing is all but certain, Rodgers decision to go to a Holloween party, or not do all he can to protect himself ( i dont care that he wasnt vaccinated, just the choices he made in season after making that decision) 100% cost us this game. We wipe the chiefs by 3 scores with Rodgers playing considering what our D did today.

With the way we've played in NFCC games at Lambeau recently it might not be the worst thing to go on the road. We've already beaten AZ in their house. ;)

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:

Do we know for sure he got it at that party and not in the facility or elsewhere? He didn't say in the McAfee interview.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:59
The Chiefs have to know deep down they got incredibly lucky Rodgers got sick. If AR was under center they get smoked. I hope 12 is cleared to play next Sunday.
He will be. No worries there. He might be a little rusty since he can't practice all week.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Nov 2021 20:36
Drj820 wrote:

Do we know for sure he got it at that party and not in the facility or elsewhere? He didn't say in the McAfee interview.
We don’t but I would have appreciated more carful behavior from our QB that we obviously stink without

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

KC should feel worse about this win than Packers should feel about this loss. They played a QB-less team that left several points on the field and gift-wrapped them several opportunities with inept ST play, and they could not put us away until the final couple minutes of Q4 by less than two scores.

They're a mess.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Want to know how good that defensive performance was? That was the fewest yards for the Chiefs since they played the Bills on Nov. 26th, 2017.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Feeling really good (albeit drunk) about this loss.

I don’t think Love was all that bad. More upset with playcalling, stop all the long playactions when they got 9 in the box, let the guy read the D, don’t ask him to turn his head the D so often. Let the guy read the coverage. Also displeased with the pass protection.

We win this by 2+ scores with Aaron tonight. D amazing, despite the score, not down on Love, still just needs a good opportunity. Won’t be mad if he has to play next week too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 19:08
TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:55
go pak go wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:48

You just proved my point right?
Yes, he needs to know where to put the ball when the D sends 7. To a tall TE with good hands but Tonyan is on IR.
Who gives a sh*t about height? You should have a guy open period.
Yeah. Not a fan of the playcalling, should have been way more 3-5 step routes all night.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
07 Nov 2021 21:54
Moral victories over how many yards the defense didn't give up.
No moral victories, simply facts. Plus, Aaron Rodgers will be coming back and he isn't Kirk Cousins...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

"It wasn't necessarily any one person," LaFleur said. "There's a lot to get corrected. Squarely this thing falls on me – just not having a good enough plan to go out there versus that pressure, especially with a young quarterback."
Rodgers is first eligible to come off the reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday, the day before the home game vs. the Seahawks. LaFleur said if he's cleared, he will play despite not being able to take any practice snaps this past week or next week.

"He's our starting quarterback," LaFleur said. "We just have to make sure he's well in-tune with our plan and he feels good about it, and that we Zoom him in for the meetings.

"We'll see where we're at toward the end of the week."
https://www.packers.com/news/game-recap ... -to-chiefs

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 21:50
Feeling really good (albeit drunk) about this loss.

I don’t think Love was all that bad. More upset with playcalling, stop all the long playactions when they got 9 in the box, let the guy read the D, don’t ask him to turn his head the D so often. Let the guy read the coverage. Also displeased with the pass protection.

We win this by 2+ scores with Aaron tonight. D amazing, despite the score, not down on Love, still just needs a good opportunity. Won’t be mad if he has to play next week too.
I'm really split on this.

On one hand I am so proud of this defense. If you told me the Chiefs get 13 points with 3 coming from a STs error to set the Chiefs up at 1st and goal and the other 3 is due to a dropped INT by Kevin King and the Chiefs hit a 55 yard FG...I would TAKE IT.

I mean in all sense and purposes, the first drive is really all we gave up all day. I guess you could also say we failed on 3rd down twice on that final drive. So very, very happy with the defense (without our top 2 CBs)

But man, what a missed opportunity. STs continues to hold this team back and finally yesterday it cost us. And just that this offense couldn't figure out how to beat that blitz is super irritating. Our 3rd down offense was atrocious.

STs just was such a killer of momentum. We had 5 drives get inside the 40 yardline and only 7 points. STs netted 9 points for the Chiefs alone and cost more when you figure opportunity costs. Like Love likely doesn't throw that pick in the 4th quarter if that play didn't need to be made. We run the ball more in the 2nd half if we weren't down by 2 scores.

These were just basic, basic super easy plays the STs failed. I am just done. They cost us a win.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

If Love makes as big an improvement from game 1 to game 2 as he did from the first half to the second half, then he's got a chance to be good. The last two drives (interception apart, and that was in a position where we had to take risks) were night and day compared with what he was doing earlier.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MLF has an amazing talent for not continuing to feed AJ Dillon the ball when he is dominating.

I just don't understand it.
Yoop wrote:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Love definitely looked better in the 4th quarter when MLF finally started calling quick-hitting plays. Still, his accuracy, or lack of consistent accuracy, is the most disturbing thing to me. With experience, the game will slow down for him. But poor accuracy is what separates the good professional QBs from the bad ones.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packers Defense ranks 5th in yards
Packers ranks 6th in Points allowed

Notice I didn't say "Packers Defense ranks 6th in points allowed"

Because at this point the Packers defense is actually top 5 in points allowed and STs has to be close to 32nd.

The identity of the Green Bay Packers is changing.

The Packers held Mahommes to his worst game of his career yesterday without Jaire Alexander, Erik Stokes, Kenny Clark, Z'darious Smith.

And Kevin King dropped a sure fired INT.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Alright. I slept on it and had time to think about it this morning while driving.

Im giving Love a pass, i woke up feeling sorry for him

Im putting this one squarely on Coach Lafleur.

Lafleur took blame after the game, but not sure that is good enough. I mean it is, because he has done some many good things that I will forgive, but what happened was pretty inexcusable.

How many times did Lafleur have Love turn his back to the defense to execute some sort of weak play action fake? How many times did lafleur have Love taking 5 and 7 step drops when an all out blitz was coming?

Why did he run a game plan as if Rodgers was QB, did he make any adjustments to the plan at all?

Sure, they are all out blitzing...Rodgers would throw it to Adams every time Adams is 1 on 1. Well, thats not the best play for love even if it usually makes the most sense.

Where were the check downs and dumps and easy outlets on every third down that a blitz was inevitable?

Why didnt the Green Bay Packers secure better tickets for Loves mom? What a disgrace that was to see her up in the highest rafters.

Yes, Love looked overwhelmed...I woke up understanding that. Biggest game of his life, on the road, and his coach did NOTHING to help him.

I hope Rodgers misses another game and we get to see Love again. Coach Lafleur needs a mulligan.

This one is on HIM.