Packers promote Drayton to ST Coordinator

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:47
paco wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:00
Actually an interesting question. Is he feeling a bit backwards and that causing some issues? I don't know anyone left footed to see if they are also left handed; or if you can be left footed, but right handed.
For what its worth, I am left-footed but right-handed. I grew up with two others who were the same. I knew several who were left-handed but right footed. Can't say I know/knew anyone who is both left-handed and left-footed.
so then are you endorsing Bojo bilateralness or nah? :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:43

I was having this discussion with a co-worker today. Seems more punters are holders than their used to be. Maybe another step toward protecting them from injury? Punters should be able to handle a ball fine as their job is to catch it first, then get it in a position to kick it. But I do like a QB at that job, because if it all goes bad, there's a chance a QB can make a play (at least more likely than a punter). Hell, I'd rather a RB learn to do it.
The primary reason they have the punter do it is because there is nothing else for the punter to do. So the punter and kicker have the most free time and can therefore practice together the most.

I also bet since punters understand kicking more, they can appreciate holding ball techniques more as well.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:59
paco wrote:
08 Nov 2021 14:43

I was having this discussion with a co-worker today. Seems more punters are holders than their used to be. Maybe another step toward protecting them from injury? Punters should be able to handle a ball fine as their job is to catch it first, then get it in a position to kick it. But I do like a QB at that job, because if it all goes bad, there's a chance a QB can make a play (at least more likely than a punter). Hell, I'd rather a RB learn to do it.
The primary reason they have the punter do it is because there is nothing else for the punter to do. So the punter and kicker have the most free time and can therefore practice together the most.

I also bet since punters understand kicking more, they can appreciate holding ball techniques more as well.
Yeah, there's very limited practice time during a week. The kickers and LS can work on their routine on the side while the O and D do their thing elsewhere. So if you have your backup QB practicing holding, he's missing either prepping to step in as QB or he's not running the scout team for the D.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

RB3 and WR5 are positions that change many times throughout the season - so you can't give them that huge responsibility if they aren't on the team or active. RB 3 is Kylin Hill and like many RBs, he got hurt. If he was the holder - then GB would be in bigger trouble.

There's a reason 32 teams use the punter as the holder - and they've all spent a lot of time considering the various options. For 99% of the snaps around the league - its not an issue. The Packers will get the snap/hold worked out, they just need more time and they haven't had it yet.
IT. IS. TIME