Jordan Love Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 07:52
I still don't get the whole "Rodgers gained leverage thing"

If it's championships Rodgers wants....he didn't gain any leverage. Sure he will be a Packer. But will be an 11-6 Packer without either his favorite WR or a completely gutted defense.
I think the whole leverage point is to say that the packers were wrong and made the wrong move.

Rodgers was right. Right side of history.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TheSkeptic wrote:
09 Nov 2021 06:31
Lets get 1 thing straight. The Packers can't keep Rodgers long term. The man will be 38 years old next month. He is already past the age when most QB's are in serious decline or have already retired. Only Brady has been effective after 37 years old. What good is having generational wealth if he does not have kids and grandkids to give it to - and that appears to be his priority now. If Rodgers is forced to choose between getting vaccinated every 3 months (as is in all our futures) and having a healthy child, he is going to retire.

And then there is the $46 million the Packers have to pay next year if they keep Rodgers. They can't force him to restructure, and they can't keep Adams and 2 more high salaried starter, probably Z and Tonyan if they keep Rodgers. Probably can't keep Preston and resign Alexander either.

The most that any team can hope for is 2 good years from Rodgers after this season. Odds are not even 2. Please explain to me, those of you that are considering whether Love should be traded, who will start in September 2023. Benkert? Bortles or someone like him? Or a QB who will be 40 in a few months and costs $40 million + in cap?

Like it or not Love is the Packers QB next season. And if the Packers go 8-9 next season with Love, that is a damn sight better than going 2-15 for the next 3-5 years starting in 2023. As those of us who were Packers fans in the 1980's can remember all too well.
Who will start? ANYBODY.

With that performance against the chiefs 8-9 would be a dream.

I still think Rodgers may stay next year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 16:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 13:41
You asked if Rodgers struggled with that amount of blitzing. The answer would look like yes, he can struggle with that amount of blitzing.
Championship game - Rodgers 3 tds 1 int
Brady 3 tds 3 ints
Brady punting the ball with his arm and letting his recievrs make plays
Rodgers putting up those numbers with pathetic drops from his team

Packers Def let in 31 points and was horrendus

Give Rodgers that Def performance and different story.

You keep coming back to comparing Rodgers saying "oh rodgers is bad as well" - no he isn't. He is the best.
You are the least objective person here. Nothing you say holds any weight because you CAN NOT objectively look at anything that happens with the Packers without believing everything Rodgers does is perfect. Case in point, if you do not think that Rodgers struggled at times with the blitz in the NFCCG game then you have no valid say in any football argument. You need to have a serious look at yourself, because your love affair is unhealthy. It causes you to also struggle mightily with reading comprehension. You need to take a step back. You put Aaron Rodgers before the Packers. Aaron struggled with the blitz at times during the NFCCG. That isn't saying he is bad or that he had a bad game. :roll:
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 09 Nov 2021 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Foosball wrote:
09 Nov 2021 11:25
After that beating, Love needs to sign up for Rodgers’ discount double-check.
Like a good neighbor ..... ;)

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:12
bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 16:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 13:41
You asked if Rodgers struggled with that amount of blitzing. The answer would look like yes, he can struggle with that amount of blitzing.
Championship game - Rodgers 3 tds 1 int
Brady 3 tds 3 ints
Brady punting the ball with his arm and letting his recievrs make plays
Rodgers putting up those numbers with pathetic drops from his team

Packers Def let in 31 points and was horrendus

Give Rodgers that Def performance and different story.

You keep coming back to comparing Rodgers saying "oh rodgers is bad as well" - no he isn't. He is the best.
You are the least objective person here. Nothing you say holds any weight because you CAN NOT objectively look at anything that happens with the Packers without believe everything Rodgers does is perfect. Case in point, if you do not think that Rodgers struggled at times with the blitz in the NFCCG game then you have no valid say in any football argument. You need to have a serious look at yourself, because your love affair is unhealthy. It causes you to also struggle mightily with reading comprehension. You need to take a step back. You put Aaron Rodgers before the Packers.
Wrong that is you.

Rodgers was bad first bucs game but was good enough in the Championship.

I don't put Rodgers before the packers, I just don't put Gute or Mark Murphy before the packers. Rodgers has done more for me as a packer fan than they have - could say they same about Charles Woodson, Brett Favre, Donald Driver etc.

Making a reference trying to say "Rodgers was bad as well" in defending Love is just poor. It shows that any take you have on the team is will be biased towards the involvement of Rodgers.

Maybe next time during a game when Rodgers whizzes a ball by a CB head into the direct arms of a receiver you say "Great pass" instead of "Oh good job WR"

You have the best QB of all time playing for the team you follow and you can't appreciate it because it might mean other aspects of the team aren't as good as they seem.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:23

Maybe next time during a game when Rodgers whizzes a ball by a CB head into the direct arms of a receiver you say "Great pass" instead of "Oh good job WR"

You have the best QB of all time playing for the team you follow and you can't appreciate it because it might mean other aspects of the team aren't as good as they seem.
Bud come on. If you don't see guys like Yoho, me or 23 praise Rodgers ...you aren't following along on the GDTs.

We do both. We do both a lot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s as if to some when Rodgers is less than perfect, it’s all his fault.

When Love was awful, it was everyone else’s fault.

:mrgreen:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 16:48
Who will start? ANYBODY.

With that performance against the chiefs 8-9 would be a dream.

I still think Rodgers may stay next year.
So I suppose the question is, is it possible that a QB playing his first game might not be at his peak? Is it possible that he might do better in his second game, or third game, or when he gets a full season?

Rodgers certainly did. As I have said before, in his first meaningful game, he was awful. In his second, a year later, he was excellent. It can happen. I'd say it almost certainly will happen. QBs virtually always get better with experience. (Most people do, in most sports, and most other walks of life as well.)

Here's an analogy. We can think back to when we learned to drive. We had seen our parents do it, we knew the theory of how to do it, we knew the rules of the road and the meaning of road signs and which way the gears went and what all the pedals did. But when we first got in the car and tried to drive it on the road, were we experts? Not on your nelly. We (at least, I can speak for myself) were nervous and inaccurate and slow.

Same for a QB. Love has been criticised for inaccuracy, and that's in some way valid because it is bread and butter. (Though accuracy when someone five yards away is charging, unblocked, nearly half the time - not so easy at any level.) But as for whether he is at fault for not spotting where the blitz was coming from and arranging the protection - absolutely not his fault. I don't think there is any way a QB in his first game can hope to identify blitzes reliably and to know what protection to put in. He has too much else new to think about. He's read the manual on how to arrange protection, he knows the theory of how to do it, but until he sees it in live action and at full speed, he can't do it in practice. He has never seen an all-out full-speed live action NFL standard blitz before. Not in college, not in practice. He has only seen college level blitzes, and blitzes run in practice from a playbook he has read where the blitzers do not follow through.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:28
bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:23

Bud come on. If you don't see guys like Yoho, me or 23 praise Rodgers ...you aren't following along on the GDTs.

We do both. We do both a lot.
I am not talking about you or Yoho. I think you both lean in to management side but ultimately I don't think either of you campaign against Rodgers.

23 very different. It is a campaign against Rodgers because what Rodgers being good means - which is that may some of these other players and what management has built around Rodgers isn't that great without Rodgers. And he is so tied to it.

Rodger passed a flat to Amari the other week - Amari literally cut up field on a quick pass where he suppose to stay in the flat - 23 "bad ball by Rodgers there".

Never supports ROdgers it is very evident.

I will continue to defend Rodgers

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:38

Stop trolling... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:38

Yeah. I felt it was flipped for the Cardinals game too.

I mean the Packers offense itself scores 14 points on their own and the defense and STs gives the ball inside the 10 twice for the other 10 points. The Packers team goes in super injured and beats the top team in the conference on the road on a short week and did it the most pure team style we have had in a long time. Relying on AJ Dillon and the defense winning the game....

yet the primary argument was how much praise and adoration should be given to #12. :messedup:

Also, this thread has PLENTY of Love didn't handle the blitz well. Love probably didn't call the right protection calls. In fact that is a majority of this thread.

But instead it gets derailed once again to "Rodgers could handle the bitz...just don't look at the Bucs October game"

I guess from now on I will just speak in high level absolutes.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote: yet the primary argument was how much praise and adoration should be given to #12. :messedup:
If that’s your take-away from that conversation, I don’t ever want to see you accuse Yoop of hyperbole or lack of reading comprehension again.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:47

23 very different. It is a campaign against Rodgers because what Rodgers being good means - which is that may some of these other players and what management has built around Rodgers isn't that great without Rodgers. And he is so tied to it.
This is complete and utter &%$@, but you are so god damn blinded by your love for Aaron Rodgers that you can't see it and can't read it. Rodgers being good means the Packers are good. That is all I care about. Your own sentence (bolded above), betrays you. You can't even see that there are some VERY good players on the Packers team. There are also some not great players, but that is ok as long as we will the Super Bowl. You just can't see it because if it isn't Rodgers, it isn't worth it.

You only get pissy at me because I call out your &%$@. And it is &%$@. It always has been.
Rodger passed a flat to Amari the other week - Amari literally cut up field on a quick pass where he suppose to stay in the flat - 23 "bad ball by Rodgers there".
This isn't true, but you don't understand football since Rodgers is your only focus. It taints everything you see. You can't even objectively look at one play, let alone an entire game or season.
Never supports Rodgers it is very evident.
Another lie. If you could even be bothered to read, you would see otherwise.
Beautiful throw and catch!
Boom! Nice throw and great catch!
AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL pass!
Wow, that was a hell of a pass!
Simple quick search. Take your &%$@ somewhere else.
I will continue to defend Rodgers
You always do and it's pathetic for an adult to do so so vigorously and without question.

My $%@# God that misquoting and misinterpretation is so bad. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB. Aaron Rodgers is one of the best to ever play the game. Aaron Rodgers is not infallible and does make mistakes on his own and does have bad games, on his own. EVERY QB DOES.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

It is obvious - which is why you are arguing with a specific group all the time - me, Dr, Lupe

It is obvious.

Crazylegs Starks wrote: ↑29 Oct 2021 13:09
Aikmans full of &%$@, that throw sucked
100%

That is your response to the Amari throw Cardinals game - Aikman said it was Amari's fault - Crazy says the throw sucked - you say 100%

Just saying I lie is pathetic. Everyone sees through it. You just lied literally saying I am lying lol its like arguing with a person who will just continually lie to win each argument no understand every statement they make becomes the next lie.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

[mention]bud fox[/mention] [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]

You two need to cool it with this stuff. Like immediately.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

One last time - drop this discussion. Another deleted post will be followed by a break from the forum.

Back on topic, pls.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
09 Nov 2021 19:56
One last time - drop this discussion. Another deleted post will be followed by a break from the forum.

Back on topic, pls.
Posts now just disappear. I miss the snips. Rule on APB!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Realist wrote:
09 Nov 2021 20:26
APB wrote:

Back on topic, pls.
Posts now just disappear. I miss the snips.
Me too.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Nov 2021 20:29
Realist wrote:
APB wrote:

Back on topic, pls.
Me too.
This little forum is like a microcosm of twitter and facebook. Go against the elite and you will be punished or even eliminated. Do I have to stand in the cornet? Lol.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Realist wrote:
09 Nov 2021 20:40
wallyuwl wrote:
09 Nov 2021 20:29
Realist wrote:

Me too.
This little forum is like a microcosm of twitter and facebook. Go against the elite and you will be punished or even eliminated. Do I have to stand in the cornet? Lol.
Who is this ‘elite’ you think you are going against?

And deleting a post so much easier and more satisfying than snipping. If you want your post to stick, pretty much just don’t be a dick. Shocking I know. :lol: Such hard rules to live by, we are so woke big tech here.