2020 NFL Schedule

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

2020 NFL Schedule

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The league schedule is expected to be released this upcoming week. It will be interesting to see if the NFL discusses any potential contingencies due to COVID-19, social distancing, basic common sense, etc.

Home: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles.

Away: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Texans, Colts, San Francisco.

You can get your Packers masks here:

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/green-bay- ... r4c1:po-13

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Will be interested to see where things will be by September.

By then restaurants and things and group of 10 people should be good to go, if not more.

I could maybe see them skipping 2 of every 3 rows, maybe 10 seats together, skip 5 etc. that would roughly eliminate 75-80% of the stadium.

That still like 12-15 thousand seats at Lambeau. That can still make for a fun atmosphere and some loud 3rd downs. Love going to HS games and those are like 2k tops, fun atmosphere.

Might be my dream come true, no Karen’s will be there to tell me sit down.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

NCF wrote:
04 May 2020 13:27
Finally some good news

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

TheSkeptic wrote:
04 May 2020 16:02
Finally some good news
What? Not a fan of waking up to football?
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
04 May 2020 16:02
NCF wrote:
04 May 2020 13:27
Finally some good news
Yes .......... they shouldn't play in Europe anyway. North America is OK ........... but not Europe.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 May 2020 19:05
Yes.......... they shouldn't play in Europe anyway. North America is OK ........... but not Europe.
Why not? What do people have against playing games in different countries?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
04 May 2020 21:17
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Yes.......... they shouldn't play in Europe anyway. North America is OK ........... but not Europe.
IMO the game isnt respected there enough. Doesnt have the wide spread following that it does in the states. The stadium atmosphere is ho hum from the looks on TV. If they really want to get the NFL to go worldwide they need to stop putting a &%$@ product on the field. They need to stop putting the crappy teams out there that dont offer much to watch. As long as they keep putting bad games on display the sport will never grow there.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 May 2020 00:12
Packfntk wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
IMO the game isnt respected there enough. Doesnt have the wide spread following that it does in the states. The stadium atmosphere is ho hum from the looks on TV. If they really want to get the NFL to go worldwide they need to stop putting a &%$@ product on the field. They need to stop putting the crappy teams out there that dont offer much to watch. As long as they keep putting bad games on display the sport will never grow there.
I agree with lupe that playing especially in the UK should no longer be just bad teams' punishment... The game is complicated, and not the easiest sport in the world to get into (2019 NFL rulebook was 92 pages...). It won't get a wider following nor gain more respect, if you don't regularly play games abroad and get the PR boost that comes with it. It'll take time to dig roots deep.

The London experiment has apparently gone pretty well despite the sucky teams playing there and competition from rugby (and it's fans' "pads are for sissies" -preconception). Seems like the novelty didn't wear off as some had expected. One day there may be another NFL expansion, and then I'd expect an owner to try a full-time London team. May need faster airplanes before that, tho.

I sorta understand the nationalistic feeling of wanting to keep "American football" American. But since the NFL and sports as an industry are akin to all entertainment industries, if there's money to be made around the globe, restricting it to the US would make about as much business sense as not taking American movies overseas and missing out on those box office returns...

Don't worry, y'all will still have your baseball, since exporting THAT "sport" to anywhere except crazy Japanese people is impossible ;) :lol: :hide:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

To be released Thursday night at 8 p.m. Eastern Time.

:beer2:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Packfntk wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Because it takes a home game away from teams. I doubt businesses in GB would be thrilled if the league took a home game away from the Packers.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

salmar80 wrote:
05 May 2020 01:57
...I sorta understand the nationalistic feeling of wanting to keep "American football" American. But since the NFL and sports as an industry are akin to all entertainment industries, if there's money to be made around the globe, restricting it to the US would make about as much business sense as not taking American movies overseas and missing out on those box office returns...
That's why I hate the overseas games; it's all about the pursuit of endless profits to the detriment of the on-field product. Unfortunately, nearly all of corporate America seems to be infected with this greedy attitude.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Eh, I am good with growing the game. We have a great game. Is it the world's game? No, that is soccer. But the more football grows, the better IMO.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
05 May 2020 12:43
Eh, I am good with growing the game. We have a great game. Is it the world's game? No, that is soccer. But the more football grows, the better IMO.
I wish "growing the game" meant establishing some international leagues abroad. Then, letting the NFL beat them, like, 100-0. That's what would peak my interest.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bored so....

Home: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Jaguars, Titans, Eagles.

Away: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Buccaneers, Texans, Colts, San Francisco.

Week
1 @ Lions - W
2 Falcons - W
3 @ Texans 3:15 game - L
4 @ Buccaneers MNF - W
5 Panthers - W
Bye
6 @ Saints SNF - L
7 @ Colts - L
8 Bears - W
9 Vikings - W
10 Jaguars - W
11 @ 49ers 3:25 Fox Game of the Week - W
12 Titans - W
13 Lions TNF - L
14 @ Bears - W
15 Eagles - W
16 Titans - W
17 @ Vikings 3:25 Fox Game of the Week - L

11-5 NFC North Champs

WC Round
#1 Seed (Bye) - Buccaneers
7 49ers @ 2 Cardinals
6 Cowboys @ 3 Packers
5 Saints @ 4 Eagles

#1 Seed (Bye) - Chiefs
7 Patriots @ 2 Bills
6 Ravens @ 3 Steelers
5 Raiders @ Colts

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Bucs with the 1 seed? Man, you really are a Brady homer. Stop watching NFL man. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
05 May 2020 12:59
Bucs with the 1 seed? Man, you really are a Brady homer. Stop watching NFL man. :lol:
Tried mixing it up and not put the 9ers or Saints there.

I actually really liked the Bucs heading into last year a lot and I really like their offseason outside of Brady. That is a very very dangerous O. If just gets the ball out and doesn't turn it over, I think that is going to be a really really tough team to beat. Godwin and Evans is the best 1/2 WR duo in the league, throw in those 2 TE's and they got their big LT in the draft. Underrated and young D.

I think Philip Rivers would have been a better sign, or even Cam, than Brady. But is what it is.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That should be weeks 3 & 4.

My schedule still has a chance. :)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I hate playing in Tampa. If you take Brady off the team, I still say we have a shot of losing that one. We often look ill prepared down there.
RIP JustJeff