Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
09 Nov 2021 08:12
go pak go wrote:
08 Nov 2021 17:59
You know to get the bye you have to have home field right?
Did they change the rules? Up to now you could also have a Bye as #2 seed. What I meant is that we might end up not #1 seed (home field advantage thruout the Playoffs) which is not a biggie considering our very bad recent Playoff Home Field Stats in NFC games.
You're about 18 months late on the rule change. Google NFL playoffs format.

I will give you a link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+pla ... nt=gws-wiz
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 08:24
You're about 18 months late on the rule change
OMG, you sound just like my ex wife :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
09 Nov 2021 08:35
go pak go wrote:
Your ex-wife didn't understand the playoff format, either?

:dunno:

Read More. Post Less.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
08 Nov 2021 16:19
Some things to cheer us up:

1) Our defense looks improved. The change from Pettine to Barry works.
2) Rodgers got an additional BYE week which should help him to stay fresh in January.
3) Home Field seems not that important anyway. '08 Giants, '12 Giants and '21 Bucs - we always lost at home. More important is the Playoff BYE.
But to have home field, you don't need the bye.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

First, I didn't watch the game yet. Maybe tonite.

Second, I'm sure that nooooboooodyyyyy is judging Love's performance as if a first round draft pick had better just pick up the entire team on his shoulders... That said, I would expect all sorts of good and bad on a first start, even for the GOAT during his first start. That's where reality world is.

Now, Love is only now seeing the "speed" of the NFL game. Pre-season games just don't do that. He will need some time for that. And I think that'll evolve in how he reads defenses and feels pressure more than anything else. Even a bunch of NFL players and QBs don't seem to adapt to the speed and feel of the NFL game, especially the big games. That takes time. It did for Rodgers, Favre, Starr (oh boy, did it take time for Starr), Brady, Manning... OK, Manning was very good from the start.

Give Love time. He isn't perfect, yet.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
09 Nov 2021 08:41
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Your ex-wife didn't understand the playoff format, either?

:dunno:
what formats, the Warden had her own set of rules :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Half Empty wrote:
09 Nov 2021 08:49
go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

2) Rodgers got an additional BYE week which should help him to stay fresh in January.
3) Home Field seems not that important anyway. '08 Giants, '12 Giants and '21 Bucs - we always lost at home. More important is the Playoff BYE.
Home field throughout and bye go hand in hand.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
09 Nov 2021 08:49
go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

Starting in 2020, the NFL playoff format is 7 teams in each conference.
4 Division Winners
3 Wildcard teams

To make room for the extra team, the NFL only has the Bye go to the #1 seed.

Wildcard Weekend now has 3 games for each Conference.

#2 vs #7
#3 vs #6
#4 vs #5
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i kind of hate the new playoff system. A 2 seed deserves a bye in my opinion, and most years the 7 seed is awful and doesnt deserve a ticket to the dance. I mean cmon, people consider the NFC to be deep this year and the teams competing for the 7 seed are the falcons, panthers, and vikings. All hot garbage.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 10:20
i kind of hate the new playoff system. A 2 seed deserves a bye in my opinion, and most years the 7 seed is awful and doesnt deserve a ticket to the dance. I mean cmon, people consider the NFC to be deep this year and the teams competing for the 7 seed are the falcons, panthers, and vikings. All hot garbage.
I absolutely agree with this.

Plus. Make it hard to make the playoffs. Make the playoffs an accomplishment.

I hate it when 7 to 9 loss teams have "hope" for the postseason. A 7 loss season should be an exception of getting a wildcard. Not the rule.

Short term, more playoff teams means more "involvement and ownership" by fans of teams #8 - #12 in the conference during December. More teams are still "in it". Plus the extra playoff games are more TV. That's why the NFL does it.

Long term, I think it erodes the NFL product. 8 seed playoff brackets in Best of 7 series is fine as the pendulum almost always swings in the top seeds favor. But single elimination provides for too much variation. A fumble here. A botched snap there. An untimely injury here. All of that can degrade a product and increase the chance that an Atlanta Falcons gets hot at the right time or has a lucky sequence of games and matchups to get them deep when they don't deserve it.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Teams to make it/would have made it with a 7th seed:
2020 - 8-8 Bears
2019 - 9-7 Rams
2018 - 8-7-1 Vikings
2017 - 9-7 Seahawks, Lions, Cowboys
2016 - 9-7 Buccaneers
2015 - 8-8 Falcons
2014 - 10-6 Eagles
2013 - 10-6 Cardinals
2012 - 10-6 Bears
2011 - 8-8 Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Cardinals

I don't really have an issue with it. There have been worse Division Winners.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 10:48
Drj820 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 10:20
I absolutely agree with this.

Plus. Make it hard to make the playoffs. Make the playoffs an accomplishment.

I hate it when 7 to 9 loss teams have "hope" for the postseason. A 7 loss season should be an exception of getting a wildcard. Not the rule.

Short term, more playoff teams means more "involvement and ownership" by fans of teams #8 - #12 in the conference during December. More teams are still "in it". Plus the extra playoff games are more TV. That's why the NFL does it.

Long term, I think it erodes the NFL product. 8 seed playoff brackets in Best of 7 series is fine as the pendulum almost always swings in the top seeds favor. But single elimination provides for too much variation. A fumble here. A botched snap there. An untimely injury here. All of that can degrade a product and increase the chance that an Atlanta Falcons gets hot at the right time or has a lucky sequence of games and matchups to get them deep when they don't deserve it.
Yeah, in many sports, expansive playoffs make sense, but not so in football. In, for example, the NHL, a best-of-7 system weeds out the bad teams. In soccer's Champion's League, one home and one away game vs a team per round and aggregate score as a decider is a fine system for the sport.

In the NFL, you can't have many playoff games per team due to the injury rate. When your sport is known for a) high injury rate and b) Any Given Sunday -effect, one-and-done playoffs are especially cruel. Therefore it makes sense to have making the playoffs be an accomplishment that deserves to be awarded by a small playoff field.

I can live with the current system, tho I think it was better with the 2 seed getting the bye. Luckily expanding the playoffs more would be super hard.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I would definitely hate seeing half the teams make the palyoffs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Damnit LaFleur. Coach your $%@# special teams units and just run AJ and Aaron 40 times, we win by 3 scores.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This has to be one of the most painful losses becuase we finally have a shiny new defense to win these type of games and our STs absolutely blows it.

Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really good episode.

Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sweet picture

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Can't remember who mentioned it, but then I agreed...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
:rotf: