Jordan Love Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

<sigh>

Pretty sure those other platforms don’t give near the 2nd chances the Mods of this forum dole out. But whatevs.

Now can we please talk about Jordan Love? Or his girlfriend even? Hell, I’d be happy with creepy [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] comments about his mom at this point…

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
09 Nov 2021 20:52
<sigh>

Pretty sure those other platforms don’t give near the 2nd chances the Mods of this forum dole out. But whatevs.

Now can we please talk about Jordan Love? Or his girlfriend even? Hell, I’d be happy with creepy @RingoCStarrQB comments about his mom at this point…

Ronika Stone looks pretty hot in her volleyball uni. That ok?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
<sigh>

Now can we please talk about Jordan Love? Or his girlfriend even? Hell, I’d be happy with creepy @RingoCStarrQB comments about his mom at this point…

I was actually just looking up his GF before I hopped on here. My hot take: she is hotter than Rodgers' GF. And by default, almost certainly less crazy.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

texas wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:22
APB wrote:
<sigh>

I was actually just looking up his GF before I hopped on here. My hot take: she is hotter than Rodgers' GF. And by default, almost certainly less crazy.
Speaking of creepy…

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

texas wrote:
APB wrote:
<sigh>

For a superstar athlete Aaron definitely struggles with his taste in women. He should get some tips from derek jeter.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 18:20
Crazylegs Starks wrote: ↑29 Oct 2021 13:09
Aikmans full of &%$@, that throw sucked
You called?

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:28
texas wrote:
APB wrote:
<sigh>

Speaking of creepy…
She falls within the acceptable age range for someone my age (1/2 your age + 7), so we're all good!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Acrobat wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:50
Fake news.

Here's the actual view from her seat:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:55
Acrobat wrote:
10 Nov 2021 09:50
Fake news.

Here's the actual view from her seat:

Fake pic. Everyone knows the Earth is flat.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Love Stinks...Yeah Yeah.

Just kidding... :thwap:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Nov 2021 17:03
Love Stinks...Yeah Yeah.

Just kidding... :thwap:
Well I suspect he was sweating when he saw that pass rush! And saying to himself: "Damn, this is going to hurt!". So probably he did smell bad after the game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Mike Wahle was on Andy's show today and said Love really didn't handle the blitz well at all. Said there were a lot of plays there and also went through the mindset of the Oline.

Definitely said Love can grow from this, but it wasn't a good game from Love at all. Well spoken by Mike I recommend it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2021 07:33
Mike Wahle was on Andy's show today and said Love really didn't handle the blitz well at all. Said there were a lot of plays there and also went through the mindset of the Oline.

Definitely said Love can grow from this, but it wasn't a good game from Love at all. Well spoken by Mike I recommend it.
well imagine that, a old broken down has been oliner defending some poor play from several ol who received the poorest grades o n the team over a first start QB that was constantly under pressure, maybe Wahle should read some PFF grades.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Nov 2021 07:37
go pak go wrote:

well imagine that, a old broken down has been oliner defending some poor play from several ol who received the poorest grades o n the team over a first start QB that was constantly under pressure, maybe Wahle should read some PFF grades.
Don't judge things until you listen to it. That is not a fair representation of the podcast.

And it still blows my mind. I know you would be uplifting Wahle's comments if Aaron was out simply due to testing positive for Covid but having the vaccine.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have taken the week to really gather my thoughts from Sunday, but I am going to put my peace here for the record, now. For starters, I missed most of the game, live, as I was up in a tree stand, but I did re-watch the whole game and various highlight clips. Here are my thoughts.

Most importantly, I believe that we didn't learn anything one way or another from this game. I would believe that if he balled out and I believe that, now, after a game in which he didn't play particularly well. You can argue my position but you will not convince me. You may say, "Well, if he would have played better, at least we would have seen that he is capable of getting there." We have already seen that... at least, I have. It didn't manifest on Sunday, but it's there. Like most young QB's, consistency is the key to his progression. Again, if Love would have led the offense to 40 points I would caution you to take too much from one performance. One game does not show consistency achieved.

There is so much that went wrong around Jordan Love in this game, but that has mostly been beaten to death already. Some acknowledge it would have had an impact on any QB and some refuse to use those things as excuses. I won't make excuses now, but I do have to say the old "Get the ball, go 3-and-out, and give up an opening drive TD" sequence is an absolutely devastating way to start the game with a young QB. Like, it could not possibly have been worse. Then, trying to crawl out of the early hole, he actually moved the offense enough to put us in position to score points if we literally had any other ST unit in the league, but again, you work with what you have.

I was pretty convinced the wheels could come off in the 3rd quarter, but the defense really held it together and I think this was the stretch of the game that I was most disappointed in. The team needed a spark and that's on the QB and it didn't come until the clock turned to the 4th quarter. I really think he settled in and started slowing things down in the 4th quarter, but too little, too late. I do think if we had played one more quarter, we would have come out on top pretty handily. I just think against a decent team, you can't wait 3 quarters to figure it out.

Where do we go from here? I don't know. I do know, though, that even after this game, I still have unwavering confidence that Jordan Love will one day be a championship level QB for the Green Bay Packers. He has absolutely everything you need to be a successful QB. The things he struggles with (and I certainly admit there are things there that have been with him from the start), recognition, decision making, pocket presence... those things can be improved, drastically, through coaching and playing. Many young QB's struggle with pressure and dropping their eyes. Love is definitely guilty of that especially after the evidence showed their were some shots he missed. Getting back out there is the only way to fix those issues. You cannot rep what he saw on Sunday. I also take some solace that 1991 Brett Favre and 2005/2006 Aaron Rodgers didn't exactly light the world on fire, either, in their first extended action. Would I have liked a more memorable first performance from Love? Of course, but don't close the book on him, yet.

A big decision awaits this franchise. I trust they will make the correct one. If the decision is to move to Love, I also trust that will be the right one. I think it will be a bumpy road, most likely way bumpier than 2008 was with Aaron. You guys do what you will, say what you will, but I am staying the course with Jordan Love. If I am wrong, you can certainly tell me you knew when, but also don't be surprised if the ship that I am on doesn't sink.

Love and Mercy,

NCF

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2021 07:46
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Don't judge things until you listen to it. That is not a fair representation of the podcast.

And it still blows my mind. I know you would be uplifting Wahle's comments if Aaron was out simply due to testing positive for Covid but having the vaccine.
when someone discounts 28 pressures to blame the QB and defend a OL I don't bother to read any more

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:28
texas wrote:
APB wrote:
<sigh>

Speaking of creepy…
this isnt exactly creepy, but i swear when Buck pointed out Jordans mom and said "and the girlfriend" (he didnt say, and Jordans girlfriend, just..jordans mom and the girlfriend"

I thought Buck was saying she was jordans moms girlfriend and my first thought was "hmm..shes done pretty well for herself"

Edit: now i see the graphic says "jordan Loves girlfriend and mother", but i didnt notice the graphic at the time
Last edited by Drj820 on 12 Nov 2021 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Nov 2021 09:05
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

when someone discounts 28 pressures to blame the QB and defend a OL I don't bother to read any more
Yeah. He didn't discount the guard play.

Simply did a really good job of getting into the grey rather than viewing it black and white.

I was really impressed with Wahle. Normally when former Packer players comment on this stuff you can tell they actually don't watch games, analyze etc. After listening to Wahle, you could tell he is watching All 22 and actually analyzing the game. You add that with the special knowledge he has at being a top Olineman in the league plus knowing the Packers culture...it was a pleasure to listen to.

28 pressures is a two way street. The oline doesn't deserve all the blame and neither does the QB.

@NCF had a great and thoughtful summary of the game. Very well appreciated. :aok:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2021 09:18
Yoop wrote:
12 Nov 2021 09:05
go pak go wrote:

Yeah. He didn't discount the guard play.

Simply did a really good job of getting into the grey rather than viewing it black and white.

I was really impressed with Wahle. Normally when former Packer players comment on this stuff you can tell they actually don't watch games, analyze etc. After listening to Wahle, you could tell he is watching All 22 and actually analyzing the game. You add that with the special knowledge he has at being a top Olineman in the league plus knowing the Packers culture...it was a pleasure to listen to.

28 pressures is a two way street. The oline doesn't deserve all the blame and neither does the QB.

@NCF had a great and thoughtful summary of the game. Very well appreciated. :aok:
agreed, nice post NCF, well thought out. :aok:

I've just tried to defend Love a little, Lafluer and the interior OL made it a lot tougher for Jared to do any better till the game was almost over, not to mention the ST's screw ups, right from the start people here started by blaming LOve for this loss, just as they did so often with Rodgers.

and 28 pressures in one game probably leads the league for one game, so for Wahle to cretic Love is a pretty disengenious report, no I havn't watched it, and should but I'am to busy right now.