OBJ prioritizes Packers as Number 1 destination

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Nov 2021 19:12
BF004 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:10
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/TWY ... /KHAO/KGRB

Not saying, just saying.
You do know the owner of the aircraft can block it from being tracked by FlightAware? So, yeah, he could have shown up anytime after 4 pm and not been tracked.
No, I have no clue how flight aware works, really no clue. Thanks for the condescension though.

Didn’t realize inside knowledge of flight aware was such a prerequisite.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 19:27
Raptorman wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Not saying, just saying.
You do know the owner of the aircraft can block it from being tracked by FlightAware? So, yeah, he could have shown up anytime after 4 pm and not been tracked.
No, I have no clue how flight aware works, really no clue. Thanks for the condescension though.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to be condescending.

When my wife was flying the Stones, her flights where blocked.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Not saying, just saying.

Wow. Someone needs to freshen up their skills in FAA knowledge.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:06
BF004 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

It’s not common knowledge to those who don’t use it. There is another site they can’t opt out of but you need the tail number of the aircraft so it’s more difficult to find them.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:27
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

It’s not common knowledge to those who don’t use it. There is another site they can’t opt out of but you need the tail number of the aircraft so it’s more difficult to find them.
OBJ’s gotta be in there somewhere…

A1D51171-59A9-4F40-86D7-E35BC9EBA3BB.jpeg
A1D51171-59A9-4F40-86D7-E35BC9EBA3BB.jpeg (957.14 KiB) Viewed 296 times

https://www.flightradar24.com/37.93,-103.28/4

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gutey will still claim he tried and showed interest
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean everyone here says, "sure! if he signs for minimum contract!"

So that's likely close where the Packers are at. We have all said if this turns into a monetary bidding war....we won't win.

And that shouldn't be a knock on the front office. That's the reality of our situation.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2021 05:42

So that's likely close where the Packers are at. We have all said if this turns into a monetary bidding war....we won't win.

And that shouldn't be a knock on the front office. That's the reality of our situation.
If the money is there spend it. No point bargaining just lay the cap out and say this is much we are allowed to spend take it all or not

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
10 Nov 2021 05:47
go pak go wrote:

If the money is there spend it. No point bargaining just lay the cap out and say this is much we are allowed to spend take it all or not
Who says we haven't done that?

Our issue is we don't have much money to spend. I think we have roughly $4 million in cap but you need to keep some in the coffers for a couple reasons:

1. Further injury requiring more player signings - we are seeing this a lot this year. The more players you have go on IR, the more players you need to have on your team which brings down the cap. A guy like Jaylon Smith costs nothing. You cut him and replace him. The net cost is about the same. But a guy like Kylin Hill adds total cost because his IR cap hit is the same and now we have to pay Patrick Taylor more to be on the 53.

2. Contract incentives. You have to keep cap space available to pay for any potential incentive pay like making Pro Bowl, hitting stat benchmarks, etc. Cap space on contracts with incentives is calculated based on "likelihood of achievement" Likelihood of achievement is generally, "did they do it last year?" So for instance, if a player has a Pro Bowl incentive and made the 2020 Pro Bowl, that is already figured in the cap. But if a player has a Pro Bowl incentive and didn't make the Pro Bowl last year, that is likely not figured in the cap. This is why we always see a cap adjustment at the end of the seasons. Sometimes it goes up and sometimes it goes down, but you need to reserve for it.

We are already below what teams "like to be during the season". Generally teams like to have $5 million plus around. We are I think I heard at around $4 million to the good.

The prorated minimum for OJB I heard would be roughly $557k which is about a $1 million deal. My guess is the Packers could double that offer at the most. But that is a pretty easy number to beat if another team really wants to beat it.

So again it will really depend on what OBJ wants.

Advantages of GB
1. Best chance at a ring of all the potential suitors
2. Can showcase skills on the largest stage from a talented QB
3. Likelihood of playing a higher quantity of meaningful games knowing December will be important and likely play more January and February games.

Disadvantages of GB
1. Will not maximize income here. Even if it's $500k to $1MM less which, in an NFL contracts is not a big deal, in real life that is still a LOT of money. Especially when it is earned for only a 2 month span (all game checks income in the postseason is set by the NFL and is not tied to contract)
2. A LOT of mouths to feed on offense. This offense is about RBs Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon. This offense also feeds the ball to Adams a LOT. And then oh by the way you have a deep threat in MVS who can eat and a slot in Cobb. How will you keep everyone happy? The only way this works is if GB simply has the ball a lot and converts its 3rd downs. But if the offense continues to resemble what it has resembled in 2021, which is long time consuming drives and average points production, your weapons on offense won't eat. OBJ will assuredly earn more production in NE than he would in GB unless the Packers start turning into an explosive play team again (which they are not so far)
3. It's GB. Some people love it. A lot of people don't. Also, he will not be anywhere close to the guy here whereas he has the chance to be the guy at other places.

These are all things he needs to weigh out. I think GB provides the greatest potential of making big plays on a big stage, but it also provides the highest probability of being irrelevant. I would be surprised if he chooses us.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2021 06:14
bud fox wrote:
10 Nov 2021 05:47
go pak go wrote:

Who says we haven't done that?

Our issue is we don't have much money to spend. I think we have roughly $4 million in cap but you need to keep some in the coffers for a couple reasons:

1. Further injury requiring more player signings - we are seeing this a lot this year. The more players you have go on IR, the more players you need to have on your team which brings down the cap. A guy like Jaylon Smith costs nothing. You cut him and replace him. The net cost is about the same. But a guy like Kylin Hill adds total cost because his IR cap hit is the same and now we have to pay Patrick Taylor more to be on the 53.

2. Contract incentives. You have to keep cap space available to pay for any potential incentive pay like making Pro Bowl, hitting stat benchmarks, etc. Cap space on contracts with incentives is calculated based on "likelihood of achievement" Likelihood of achievement is generally, "did they do it last year?" So for instance, if a player has a Pro Bowl incentive and made the 2020 Pro Bowl, that is already figured in the cap. But if a player has a Pro Bowl incentive and didn't make the Pro Bowl last year, that is likely not figured in the cap. This is why we always see a cap adjustment at the end of the seasons. Sometimes it goes up and sometimes it goes down, but you need to reserve for it.

We are already below what teams "like to be during the season". Generally teams like to have $5 million plus around. We are I think I heard at around $4 million to the good.

The prorated minimum for OJB I heard would be roughly $557k which is about a $1 million deal. My guess is the Packers could double that offer at the most. But that is a pretty easy number to beat if another team really wants to beat it.

So again it will really depend on what OBJ wants.

Advantages of GB
1. Best chance at a ring of all the potential suitors
2. Can showcase skills on the largest stage from a talented QB
3. Likelihood of playing a higher quantity of meaningful games knowing December will be important and likely play more January and February games.

Disadvantages of GB
1. Will not maximize income here. Even if it's $500k to $1MM less which, in an NFL contracts is not a big deal, in real life that is still a LOT of money. Especially when it is earned for only a 2 month span (all game checks income in the postseason is set by the NFL and is not tied to contract)
2. A LOT of mouths to feed on offense. This offense is about RBs Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon. This offense also feeds the ball to Adams a LOT. And then oh by the way you have a deep threat in MVS who can eat and a slot in Cobb. How will you keep everyone happy? The only way this works is if GB simply has the ball a lot and converts its 3rd downs. But if the offense continues to resemble what it has resembled in 2021, which is long time consuming drives and average points production, your weapons on offense won't eat. OBJ will assuredly earn more production in NE than he would in GB unless the Packers start turning into an explosive play team again (which they are not so far)
3. It's GB. Some people love it. A lot of people don't. Also, he will not be anywhere close to the guy here whereas he has the chance to be the guy at other places.

These are all things he needs to weigh out. I think GB provides the greatest potential of making big plays on a big stage, but it also provides the highest probability of being irrelevant. I would be surprised if he chooses us.
as much as you want it to be we are not a run first team, we have a HOF QB that has been held back quite often simply because he has no one to throw to, these are reality's the naked eye can see, unless you think Rodgers enjoys throwing into doubles or simply tight coverage, other then Adams the rest of the receivers rarely get open on schedule, it was reported the Packers have about 5 mil. if we lose out on Odell because someone offers that or more then fine, if we lose out over a couple mil. it wont be.

Glad Guty is the guy with the finger on the trigger, if Ted still ran the show I wouldn't hold out any hope, but Beckum and Adams would make it a lot easier for Jones and Dillon to run as well.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2021 06:28
as much as you want it to be we are not a run first team, we have a HOF QB that has been held back quite often simply because he has no one to throw to,
it is interesting how the personnel screams we should be a run first team, the coaches lips say we are a run first team...but then during every game...as you correctly state...the coach and maybe QB forget that running the ball is legal for long stretches of the game. Very interesting.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

To the contrary Yoop.

I want to be a passing offense. I want to be explosive. I want OBJ.

Our offense is very average right now. We are a 350 yards per game offense who puts up 22 - 26 points. 27 points plus has been more the exception than the rule.

Getting guys like David B and MVS back has the potential to turn us into a 425 yard offense per game and 27 to 34 points team. But a guy like OBJ, a true #2, could assure that even better if not elevate those numbers more IF they figure out how to efficiently allocate the ball to everyone and make sure to keep the chains moving to live another down.

And I want to emphasize the challenge of efficiently allocating the ball to move the chains. Just the presence of OBJ won't make those things easier.
Last edited by go pak go on 10 Nov 2021 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 06:43
Yoop wrote:
as much as you want it to be we are not a run first team, we have a HOF QB that has been held back quite often simply because he has no one to throw to,
it is interesting how the personnel screams we should be a run first team, the coaches lips say we are a run first team...but then during every game...as you correctly state...the coach and maybe QB forget that running the ball is legal for long stretches of the game. Very interesting.
what personal says we should run more then pass, and I've never heard Lafluer say that.

fans always think we should keep running when they see the RB get 5 yrds or more, but fans actually have to wait on PFF to tell them how well the blocking was, coaches know whats going on, can read when a defense is scheming to stop it, they usually get that stuff right, it just doesn't look like it from the cheap seats ( our bark a lounger) :lol:
seriously now, pay attention to yrds after contact, our RB's probably top that list, that translates to not so good of run blocking.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2021 07:08
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
what personal says we should run more then pass, and I've never heard Lafluer say that.

fans always think we should keep running when they see the RB get 5 yrds or more, but fans actually have to wait on PFF to tell them how well the blocking was, coaches know whats going on, can read when a defense is scheming to stop it, they usually get that stuff right, it just doesn't look like it from the cheap seats ( our bark a lounger) :lol:
seriously now, pay attention to yrds after contact, our RB's probably top that list, that translates to not so good of run blocking.
well i would say resigning a RB to a second contract, drafting another in the 2nd round, as well as in the 7th round, keeping a traditional FB style player on the roster in Dafney, resigning Big Dog, having an OL with a 2 second rounders, and the highest paid LT in football...all point to personnel built to run the ball.

Especially when you compare that to the resources we have put into pass catchers. We have a HOF second round receiver, who we still havent extended. Then a 3rd round rookie who is off to a slow start, a 5th rounder, and some UDFAs.

Our personnel is built to SMASH

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 13:58
Just yesterday the "favorites" were Seattle, SF and NO's. NE is also discussed a lot.
If OBJ wants a ring why would he go to SEA, SF or NE - unless he wants to be the #dog? That spot is already filled by #17.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 07:21
Yoop wrote:
10 Nov 2021 07:08
Drj820 wrote:

well i would say resigning a RB to a second contract, drafting another in the 2nd round, as well as in the 7th round, keeping a traditional FB style player on the roster in Dafney, resigning Big Dog, having an OL with a 2 second rounders, and the highest paid LT in football...all point to personnel built to run the ball.

Especially when you compare that to the resources we have put into pass catchers. We have a HOF second round receiver, who we still havent extended. Then a 3rd round rookie who is off to a slow start, a 5th rounder, and some UDFAs.

Our personnel is built to SMASH
no team runs more then they pass, every team including us wants to establish the run so that it's easier to pass, and also to control the clock and TOP, and to bleed it when they have a lead, thing is big chunk plays still is the easiest way to win, it's super tough to use multiple plays and remain mistake free, typically there is a mis cue and you end up turning the ball over because you failed to move the chains.
everyone wishes we could succeed running, and play stellar defense, problem is that route is rarely successful, only a few teams have succeeded doing that, it sounds great, we resigned Jones because he is very good both as a receiver and runner, and took Dillon in round two because they are great weapons, and maybe ( I doubt this very much) once Love is starting we'll run more then pass, but that wont happen as long as Rodgers is the starter.
no one runs more then they pass though as you can see from this link, Bears come close at 49% and thats probaly due to having a rookie starting.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/play-selection.html

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
09 Nov 2021 17:15
bud fox wrote:
09 Nov 2021 16:38
This could be it - omg omg omg
I hope to be celebrating with ya tomorrow.

Don't know why Odell wouldn't choose us. But ultimately it will be up to him and what he wants.
Why not us? We have AR and this is his chance to chase a ring. If he wants to be the top dog then he can go to NE...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:03
BF004 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

Sorry. Didn’t mean to be condescending.

When my wife was flying the Stones, her flights where blocked.
Your wife is a pilot? Cool.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:34
Raptorman wrote:
09 Nov 2021 21:27
go pak go wrote:

OBJ’s gotta be in there somewhere…

A1D51171-59A9-4F40-86D7-E35BC9EBA3BB.jpeg

https://www.flightradar24.com/37.93,-103.28/4
:lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If they come through with competitive offer, Beckham will likely sign with GB.
Looks like it is all about the money for OBJ... Packers don't have the money to compete with offers from other teams.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 10 Nov 2021 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."