OBJ prioritizes Packers as Number 1 destination

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2021 16:28
Is there a reason this guy continues to put a white guy as "Odell?"
Oh yeah, Karen’s of the NFL Twitter world trying to out Aaron for breaking covid quarantine last week being in California. Been a pretty popular, albeit very new meme going around.

Clearly tickling my funny bone 😂

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 16:32
go pak go wrote:
Trying to build a meme about a silly and quickly debunked rumor that this random guy was AR who had traveled to California in violation of COVID rules. :idn:
Gotcha. I only watch stocks and Packers. So anything main media I usually don't know about
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Oh yeah, Karen’s of the NFL Twitter world trying to out Aaron for breaking covid quarantine last week being in California. Been a pretty popular, albeit very new meme going around.

Clearly tickling my funny bone 😂
Mine too..I think it's hilarious!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

OBJ is a spoiled brat. I rather lose with EQB than win with this clown. And I am positive that TT would approve this message.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
10 Nov 2021 18:19
OBJ is a spoiled brat. I rather lose with EQB than win with this clown. And I am positive that TT would approve this message.
Me thinks you will be pretty lonely with that thought. :boring:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 17:55
:roll:

Doesn’t he realize we need instant reactions.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Nov 2021 17:55
So AR and the boys spread it all around the yard Sunday and hang a 40 burger and OBJ likey what hes sees and says put me in coach. :aok:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

salmar80 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Trying to build a meme about a silly and quickly debunked rumor that this random guy was AR who had traveled to California in violation of COVID rules. :idn:
Rodgers is my celebrity doppelganger, or at least used to be. One time the staff at the Wausau Applebees thought I was him and they kept trying to get a look until they figured out I was just a random guy, at which point they told me. I think he just has one of those faces where it's easy to find lookalikes.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We all know Odell is going to drag this out for dramatic effect and then his father is gonna post a highlight tape of Odell with Odell wearing his new teams jersey crappily photoshopped.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Nov 2021 06:41
We all know Odell is going to drag this out for dramatic effect and then his father is gonna post a highlight tape of Odell with Odell wearing his new teams jersey crappily photoshopped.
But what number will he get? That is the important question.

I am beginning to like the idea. Lazard can start his transition to TE and by playoff time the Packers will have a legitimate receiving TE who can block.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Nov 2021 07:49
Drj820 wrote:

I am beginning to like the idea. Lazard can start his transition to TE and by playoff time the Packers will have a legitimate receiving TE who can block.
With guys like Kyle Pitts playing TE now (guy who really just looks like a jacked WR), and a guy like Big Dog on the roster who can really focus on doing the dirty work that a TE typically does...I wonder if the move you suggest would not only be good for the Packers, but also for Lazard and his next paycheck.

I honestly have no idea what his market will be once he hits free agency. He is a good teammate, good blocker for a WR, but very average in almost all categories that involve playmaking, getting open etc.

Getting some games on tape for other teams where he shows he can block and run routes from the TE position may very help be the best move for his wallet.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Nov 2021 08:11
TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Nov 2021 07:49
Drj820 wrote:

With guys like Kyle Pitts playing TE now (guy who really just looks like a jacked WR), and a guy like Big Dog on the roster who can really focus on doing the dirty work that a TE typically does...I wonder if the move you suggest would not only be good for the Packers, but also for Lazard and his next paycheck.

I honestly have no idea what his market will be once he hits free agency. He is a good teammate, good blocker for a WR, but very average in almost all categories that involve playmaking, getting open etc.

Getting some games on tape for other teams where he shows he can block and run routes from the TE position may very help be the best move for his wallet.
At the combine he was 6045 and 227. I suspect he is over 230 now. Gaining even 5 pounds puts him into TE range and I doubt that affects his speed or quickness very much. Very average speed and quickness for a WR is at the top of the chart for a TE.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Nov 2021 08:43

At the combine he was 6045 and 227. I suspect he is over 230 now.
He dropped 10-15 pounds 2-3 years ago.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
10 Nov 2021 18:24

I won‘t sell certain values for success and in OBJ‘s case it is even worse because the guy is A LOT reputation and (lately) little show. Of course if it works and we win it all you will not see me complaining here. ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
11 Nov 2021 09:45
go pak go wrote:

I won‘t sell certain values for success and in OBJ‘s case it is even worse because the guy is A LOT reputation and (lately) little show. Of course if it works and we win it all you will not see me complaining here. ;)
I guess I just don't know why that is relevant.

Like OBJ being on the Packers won't stoop the Packers to a lower level. There are still over 60 players on the team besides OBJ and they are still a very, very rootable team. Those players include divas, selfless players, good natured, likely bad natured, etc.

I'm not going to judge my like or dislike of a team based on one player who is on a minimum contract. TT himself signed players who had off field issues (including arrests) or who were an a$$ hat on the field. As long as they can contribute when needed and it doesn't destroy the locker room...who cares?
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

There are a lot bigger douches out there than OBJ, like he isn't a bad person. Passionate, emotional, works hard/plays hard, maybe unpredictable. But I'll take that or an inherently bad person any day.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Nov 2021 10:00
German_Panzer wrote:
11 Nov 2021 09:45
go pak go wrote:

I guess I just don't know why that is relevant.

Like OBJ being on the Packers won't stoop the Packers to a lower level. There are still over 60 players on the team besides OBJ and they are still a very, very rootable team. Those players include divas, selfless players, good natured, likely bad natured, etc.

I'm not going to judge my like or dislike of a team based on one player who is on a minimum contract. TT himself signed players who had off field issues (including arrests) or who were an a$$ hat on the field. As long as they can contribute when needed and it doesn't destroy the locker room...who cares?
Also, if you're gonna be taking on a character risk guy, doing it for a half-year, prove-it, minimal wage, no guarantees, if you suck you won't see big money next off-season, if you cause trouble we'll trade you to Detroit to suffer -situation is the way to go.

I would hate for my team to spend big in FA on character risk guys or to do blockbuster trades to acquire them, but this would be the opposite of spending big.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
11 Nov 2021 10:01
There are a lot bigger douches out there than OBJ, like he isn't a bad person. Passionate, emotional, works hard/plays hard, maybe unpredictable. But I'll take that or an inherently bad person any day.
After the Greg Jennings sister fiasco, I am wary of any player that has a nosy relative sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
11 Nov 2021 10:30
BF004 wrote:
11 Nov 2021 10:01
After the Greg Jennings sister fiasco, I am wary of any player that has a nosy relative sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.
Ultimately who did she impact the most? It wasn't the Packers or Rodgers, that's for sure. Sure she may have caused a little drama but in the end the only person she really impacted was her brother - in a negative way.

OBJ seemed to be on his way out with Cleveland anyway. His dad was just the tipping point in an already soured relationship. And, unlike Jennings' sister, OBJ's dad actually had a valid point.