Pete Carroll

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2021 07:21
Pete Carroll is such a piece of sh*t. The reason why the Packers Seahawks is such a rivalry is because there is simply no respect between the two teams. Seattle is such a garbage franchise. Terrible tone at the top.
Maybe among fans, but the franchises have shared far, far too much to think there isn't respect going both ways there. Obviously we're in a newer era now, but for like two decades, the coaching and front office characters, not to mention some players, have gone back and forth between Seattle and Green Bay. They're all friends with each other. And maybe that's never applied to Carrol, because he isn't in those circles career-wise, but I just think the rivalry really blossomed when there were NUMEROUS connections between the teams, not when there was no respect.

I mean, Ted Thompson, Matt Hasselbeck, Mike Holmgren, John Dorsey, John Schneider, Darrell Bevel.... I mean the churn was eternal

Also, Pete Carroll is a great guy to be around and everyone loves him and he secretly wandered into Compton and Watts to help intervene with gang members to prevent violence for years while at USC before the media found out. But I totally get that his coaching persona is as a p.o.s.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Nov 2021 09:04
go pak go wrote:
Pete Carroll is such a piece of sh*t. The reason why the Packers Seahawks is such a rivalry is because there is simply no respect between the two teams. Seattle is such a garbage franchise. Terrible tone at the top.
Maybe among fans, but the franchises have shared far, far too much to think there isn't respect going both ways there. Obviously we're in a newer era now, but for like two decades, the coaching and front office characters, not to mention some players, have gone back and forth between Seattle and Green Bay. They're all friends with each other. And maybe that's never applied to Carrol, because he isn't in those circles career-wise, but I just think the rivalry really blossomed when there were NUMEROUS connections between the teams, not when there was no respect.

I mean, Ted Thompson, Matt Hasselbeck, Mike Holmgren, John Dorsey, John Schneider, Darrell Bevel.... I mean the churn was eternal

Also, Pete Carroll is a great guy to be around and everyone loves him and he secretly wandered into Compton and Watts to help intervene with gang members to prevent violence for years while at USC before the media found out. But I totally get that his coaching persona is as a p.o.s.
Yeah I made a very, very poor wording choice when I said franchise.

I actually like the Seattle franchise. They are our sister franchise and we benefit greatly with each other. I totally mean it from a game day football operation sense. Pete Carroll and his team isn't respected on game days. The actual franchise itself I do respect and am grateful for.

I think because Seattle is such a tight-knit franchise with GB is why I hate it so much.

Teams usually chose other teams to play with in preseason and the Hawks and Packers actually played each other consistently in the preseason. They never played after August 2013. I don't know if I would call that coincidence. Game Day operation there is just no respect.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
15 Nov 2021 08:52
Pugger wrote:
15 Nov 2021 08:38
go pak go wrote:
Yeah I thought too it was pretty obvious simultaneous recovery.

That was far more simultaneous recovery than it was a "simultaneous catch" in 2012.

I respect Mike Zimmer. Until the Nagy era, I always at least respected what Chicago was trying to do.

I don't respect Seattle. I respect Wilson, Wagner, a few other players. But by and large that team is a dirty team because they have a dirty and slimy leader. It started immediately in 2012 with the Fail Mary. Then continued in the 2013 preseason game at Lambeau where the Seahawks kept getting personal fouls, etc.

I just have no respect for how they play. I see they try and get energy, etc. but the result often happens of unnecessarily bad things happening. What pisses me off though is Carroll got rewarded for it. Never have I seen a team get more balls to bounce their way.

All that being said, I hope they beat the Cardinals this Sunday.
What is kinda funny is I haven't heard/read anyone talking about the douchebag who threw Billy Turner's (?) shoe and got a 15 yard penalty. That was a big play and changed the game basically. Instead of 3rd and 4ish we got 15 yards and an automatic first down inside their 40. That play is a microcosm of that entire bunch of dirty losers.
That was a huge mistake. Dunlap as a vet, should know better. But glad he did it! :lol:
I didn't see it live on TV but when I heard the crowd roar I knew something was up. :lol:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Pugger wrote:
15 Nov 2021 08:32
dsr wrote:
15 Nov 2021 07:06
One thing that puzzles me slightly. Carroll made reference to the Rodgers fumble and recovery and how he thought they should have had it (obviously, since he eventually managed to throw the red flag). And it seems everyone else connected with the Seahawks, and not a few neutral observers, agreed.

But as I saw it, Rodgers dropped the ball and then fell onto it and got hold of it with both hands, either a split second before or (at the very worst) simultaneous with the defender; and Rodgers was lying on the ground at the time and the defender touched him, so the play was dead. It is totally irrelevant what happened after, whether the defender pulled it away from Rodgers. Rodgers held the ball, the play was dead, end of.

I was actually surprised the replay didn't say the ruling was confirmed. It seemed that obvious that Rodgers had both hands on it. Am I missing something?
Did they replay it? If the play was blown dead when Rodgers was touched I don't think that is reviewable?? :idn:
It's reviewable up to when the whistle goes, for certain. But before the whistle went, Rodgers had hold of the ball and was lying on the floor, and the defender got hold of it at the same time, which is automatic possession for the offense; that is clear on the tape. And the fact that the defender had a stronger hold of the ball and easily ripped it out in the pile, is totally irrelevant because the ball was dead at the instant Rodgers had the ball in his hands and was touched.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
15 Nov 2021 11:13
Pugger wrote:
15 Nov 2021 08:32
dsr wrote:
15 Nov 2021 07:06
One thing that puzzles me slightly. Carroll made reference to the Rodgers fumble and recovery and how he thought they should have had it (obviously, since he eventually managed to throw the red flag). And it seems everyone else connected with the Seahawks, and not a few neutral observers, agreed.

But as I saw it, Rodgers dropped the ball and then fell onto it and got hold of it with both hands, either a split second before or (at the very worst) simultaneous with the defender; and Rodgers was lying on the ground at the time and the defender touched him, so the play was dead. It is totally irrelevant what happened after, whether the defender pulled it away from Rodgers. Rodgers held the ball, the play was dead, end of.

I was actually surprised the replay didn't say the ruling was confirmed. It seemed that obvious that Rodgers had both hands on it. Am I missing something?
Did they replay it? If the play was blown dead when Rodgers was touched I don't think that is reviewable?? :idn:
It's reviewable up to when the whistle goes, for certain. But before the whistle went, Rodgers had hold of the ball and was lying on the floor, and the defender got hold of it at the same time, which is automatic possession for the offense; that is clear on the tape. And the fact that the defender had a stronger hold of the ball and easily ripped it out in the pile, is totally irrelevant because the ball was dead at the instant Rodgers had the ball in his hands and was touched.
Carroll can be a whiny weaner :rotf: he new Rodgers recovered the fumble, thing is often Refs listen to Whiny Weaners, glad this crew didn't

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... 630239002/

According to USA today, Carooll had three main gripes about the officiating. One is the fumble recovery. Two is the King interception, where he has a good point I think - I'm amazed that was called an interception. And the third one is when the refs changed the 1st down call to a 4th down call on the early drive, when they moved the ball back.

Note that he didn't challenge, even though they had plenty of time. Which means he believed the refs to have got it right. What he is objecting to is that, having got it wrong in the favour of Seattle, they shouldn't have changed the decision to put it right - which is a pretty thin argument!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pete Carroll is literally wrong on all 3 of his complaints.

It was a simultaneous recovery.
It was an interception. That would have been ruled a TD had it been the WR. He caught it in his chest. Came down to the ground in the EZ. Then the ball got knocked out. It was a good call.
The 4th down call was a GREAT correction by the refs.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

By the end of the week ol’ Pete will have been shut out and fined. Can’t think of a better week for him.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
16 Nov 2021 06:26
By the end of the week ol’ Pete will have been shut out and fined. Can’t think of a better week for him.
Focus your anger on beating the Cardinals Pete.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/326 ... -adds-woes

“Pete Carroll walks out of post game press conference”

This old man is a big baby
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I think the reason we all despise him is because of how he acted after the Fail Mary. It would have been one thing if he (and Golden Tate) had been honest and said something like "hey, it was a bad call that we benefited from this time" but they both were total pieces of &%$@ who tried to deny what all of our eyes could plainly see. They had the audacity to claim it was the correct call and that there was nothing wrong. Gaslighters can GTFO.

For that, Golden Tate has always been banned in my fantasy football league.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I'm an old-schooler PC hater. My disdain for the man dates back to when he got Reggie Bush to come to USC by bribing him with an SUV and then snuck out the back door when he got caught, leaving the school to suffer the brunt of the consequences while he coached in NFL.

Ok maybe I need to brush up on the history of all that, but that's how I remember it anyways. :lol: