General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 13:33
Hahaha. I got so mad yesterday after Sullivan missed a tackle and then Campbell cleaned up 2 yards later. Turned like a 4th an 6 to like a 4th and 4.

And I was mad because Petey Carroll might go for it rather than punt it.

And I was like, "so this is what first world defensive problems is like"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Defense finally starting to look something.

image.png
image.png (222.07 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Very impressive IMO, despite an unprecedented early red zone streak on defense. Fluke blowout loss week 1, missing multiple all pros to injury, crazy COVID games, missing a whole position group, coaches and reigning NFL MVP. And playing on the road 6 of the first 10 weeks.

Excited to see if this D can remain an upper echelon unit, just need the O to start finding some rhythm, hopefully we can see some of that when/if Bakhtiari and Myers get back.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Sounds like Mercilus is done for the year.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2021 14:44
Yep. That sucks hard. He was really turning it on.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

That really does suck.

Might be in Minny without Mercilus, Gary and Za'Darius.

ouch.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
15 Nov 2021 10:26
:banana:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
15 Nov 2021 14:48
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2021 14:44
Yep. That sucks hard. He was really turning it on.
:( :( :( :(

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 22:15
And people weren't happy paying him $5M. Should get a nice little payday from this years performance if it keeps up.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
16 Nov 2021 07:23
BF004 wrote:
And people weren't happy paying him $5M. Should get a nice little payday from this years performance if it keeps up.
These situations are always really interesting to me because he has a bad history and he is now on a team where street free agents are even coming in and playing really well.

Seems to me to be more of a system benefit and being surrounded by a great competitive culture.

I hope he gets paid for his sake. But I would be hesitant to pay him.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2021 07:26
paco wrote:
BF004 wrote:
These situations are always really interesting to me because he has a bad history and he is now on a team where street free agents are even coming in and playing really well.

Seems to me to be more of a system benefit and being surrounded by a great competitive culture.

I agree, but if his market is light, I would consider bringing him back. But I imagine someone gives him at least a healthy 3 year(1 year prove-it) deal over what we can offer. I hope it happens for his sake and ours.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
16 Nov 2021 07:41
go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:

I agree, but if his market is light, I would consider bringing him back. But I imagine someone gives him at least a healthy 3 year(1 year prove-it) deal over what we can offer. I hope it happens for his sake and ours.
I hope y'all never find yourselves in an abusive relationship because you'd be taking her back five minutes after every apology telling all your friends "I think this time really is different"

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Nov 2021 07:48
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I hope y'all never find yourselves in an abusive relationship because you'd be taking her back five minutes after every apology telling all your friends "I think this time really is different"
But it hurts so good YoHo! Sorry, but yes, I would take King back. But probably only on another 1 year deal similar to his current one. Anything more than that and I move on.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I've complained about King plenty, thing is he was usually hurt when he played poorly, and thats the only reason I'd be leary of resigning him, he's usually playing at less then 100%

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
paco wrote:

I would pass on King. At minimum because of availability. I think Sully, Douglas and drafting a slot CB is the way to go.

The players I want back are Mercilus and Campbell. I put them way ahead in priority of King. Whitney Mercilus is really interesting now with his injury.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:01
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I would pass on King. At minimum because of availability. I think Sully, Douglas and drafting a slot CB is the way to go.

The players I want back are Mercilus and Campbell. I put them way ahead in priority of King. Whitney Mercilus is really interesting now with his injury.
I'm assuming we won't re-sign Rasul for 1 reason or another. Sully I don't recall his status. I'm big on Jean-Charles's future as well as a slot guy. But we need to make sure we have at least a 3rd outside option after Jaire and Stokes. But that may just be another rookie next year, which I'm ok with.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:01
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

We very well could find outselves in a situation where Kings availability issues make him affordable to us considering out '22 cap, and Rasul plays so well this year that he is no longer affordable to us considering our '22 cap.

I like King so I have no problem bringing him back for 4million or less.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur