6th Green Bay Packers stock sale Nov 16th $300

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The stock certificate is no different than any other memorabilia that I possess. Zero reason to knock the sale or those who buy it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 12:12
The stock certificate is no different than any other memorabilia that I possess. Zero reason to knock the sale or those who buy it.
Just an opinion. Just not urs.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

As I said, no reason to knock others for purchasing them, regardless of opinion.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Hmm, I'm conflicted whether or not I should get my dad one. $300 is way over the Xmas budget.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Can't wait to buy it and hang it up in my office. Those who bang on people buying this need to get a life. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It is a super awesome piece of your team, cool memorabilia, etc. No one who buys it thinks they own anything more than that. Have fun, all!
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Realist wrote:
15 Nov 2021 12:07
God love fans but to call a tax a stock is bizarre. I guess similar to buying gear. The organization still benefits from both but at least wearing gear is somewhat useful. Lord knows I have a ton of gear.
No. A Packers stock is not a tax. A Packers stock is a purchase that the independent person can make on their own to support a cause they love.

A tax is a fee an individual person has no choice in making, but instead must comply based on the choices of others telling them they must make (whether it is a legislative body or popular vote). I had to pay taxes to pay for US Bank Stadium. I have to pay taxes to pay for the Paul Brown Stadium, its upkeep and Bengals Game Day Operations.

Those are what are stupid. Forcing people who don't care about something to pay for it anyways. Especially when the profits go to a billionaire owner.

The only thing more annoying than people thinking they have "power as a shareholder" are the people who make fun of shareholders saying we are stupid for buying it.

We are people who just support our team the old fashioned way. It's a co-op. It's quite honestly the most unique and cool thing in sports at this level. No politics. No greed. Just pure well-intentioned love for a team. It's so beautiful.

It blows my mind that people have a problem with stock sales. It is literally so, so cool.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
15 Nov 2021 13:24
Hmm, I'm conflicted whether or not I should get my dad one. $300 is way over the Xmas budget.
Cant remember what it cost but I got my dad a brick outside Lambeau field. Also came with a duplicate that I incorporated into the existing fireplace at his home. 2002 when he died so probably way more expensive now.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Get it now while you can. The next one will probably be $1000 with how inflation is going. IIRC my stock in 2011 was $250.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
If your Dad is a big Packers fan, I'd get it for him regardless of budget. Just my opinion.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Any of you soon to be or previous owners wear XXL jackets? I've got a nice Packers jacket with the shareholder patch sewed on. The jacket is way too big for me....hardly ever wore it. I'll give it away if you pay the shipping cost.
Go Pack Go!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Make it in the budget. This is something that rarely happens. And IF I were a Packers fan, I would have borrowed money in the 90s to do it. You will always look back and say "I could have." Don't be that guy. Just do it.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Realist wrote:
15 Nov 2021 12:07
God love fans but to call a tax a stock is bizarre. I guess similar to buying gear. The organization still benefits from both but at least wearing gear is somewhat useful. Lord knows I have a ton of gear.
Not tax. It's like a lottery ticket, you spend good money on it, and in the long run, it gets you nothing in return, yet you still do it. (Well granted, in the lottery someone wins. Just not me.) $300 in the lottery or $300 for Packer stock I can rub in the face of my family member who are Packer fans who don't have one? Tough choice. Maybe I need 2 shares.....................Just in case a relative has one.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

My Bears fan cousin sent me the tweet by hater Joe Pompliano and asked if I was going to buy a share. Here is the transcript:

Me: Yes

Cousin: Nice Haha

Me: Why not?

Cousin: cuz its a $300 piece of paper haha

Me: people spend that on jerseys every few years. This is like memorabilia that funds the team. I will have contributed to the longevity of Lambeau Field, the mecca of American sports.

Cousin: hahaha I know but I feel like its a cheap thing to do for the Packers Org. Hey fans- we need 90million dollars

Me: we dont have an owner to pony up. The fans fund these things, proudly. Not like they are forcing anyone to take part. Our choice.

Cousin: of course, your money.

Me: I will be proud of my share made valuable by scarcity and the rare opportunity that will contribute to the longetivy of a place i love and want to live on forever.

---------------------------------------

Several haters have sent me the tweet claiming it is just a piece of paper. All fans of other teams. I think they are jealous. This is super cool to me I have wanted to be an owner for a long time.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm not constantly refreshing packers.com, you are.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm in line!
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:02
I'm in line!
Me too. I got to the page about 9:04. no telling how far back in line that is haha

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 19:20
My Bears fan cousin sent me the tweet by hater Joe Pompliano and asked if I was going to buy a share. Here is the transcript:

Me: Yes

Cousin: Nice Haha

Me: Why not?

Cousin: cuz its a $300 piece of paper haha

Me: people spend that on jerseys every few years. This is like memorabilia that funds the team. I will have contributed to the longevity of Lambeau Field, the mecca of American sports.

Cousin: hahaha I know but I feel like its a cheap thing to do for the Packers Org. Hey fans- we need 90million dollars

Me: we dont have an owner to pony up. The fans fund these things, proudly. Not like they are forcing anyone to take part. Our choice.

Cousin: of course, your money.

Me: I will be proud of my share made valuable by scarcity and the rare opportunity that will contribute to the longetivy of a place i love and want to live on forever.

---------------------------------------

Several haters have sent me the tweet claiming it is just a piece of paper. All fans of other teams. I think they are jealous. This is super cool to me I have wanted to be an owner for a long time.
just tell your cousin this.
Taxpayers covered $432 million of the most recent Soldier Field renovations in 2002, and are often part of how NFL teams pay for their enormously expensive stadiums.

and they don't have a choice.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:10
paco wrote:
I'm in line!
Me too. I got to the page about 9:04. no telling how far back in line that is haha
I got on around the same time. Moving fairly fast. Maybe another 15-20 minutes.
image.png
image.png (226.26 KiB) Viewed 5613 times
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:13
Drj820 wrote:
paco wrote:
I'm in line!
image.png
my little man is moving a lot slower haha

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:28
paco wrote:
16 Nov 2021 08:13
Drj820 wrote:

image.png
my little man is moving a lot slower haha
Mine too. The Packers have officially passed off management of stock buying to the DMV. :lol:
RIP JustJeff