Seahawks @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 14th, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 15:47
Same game plan we had against the 49ers in the NFC championship game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
15 Nov 2021 15:29
But a few if the reporters that asked AR questions should be wearing wigs and red noses because they are clowns.
I am getting so sick of the Covid obsession on this forum. I don't want to read the word "jab" again, but will agree the Covid questions in yesterday's presser got really old.

He was sick. He fortunately recovered (from a data standpoint, most is age do). Let's get back to football.

The worst question was this hypothetical one about missing a SB or something or vaccine....like come on people.

Anyway. I am mad I even responded to this because I want this talk to stop. But I agree, some of the media questions were horrible.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2021 16:21
wallyuwl wrote:
But a few if the reporters that asked AR questions should be wearing wigs and red noses because they are clowns.
I am getting so sick of the Covid obsession on this forum. I don't want to read the word "jab" again, but will agree the Covid questions in yesterday's presser got really old.

He was sick. He fortunately recovered (from a data standpoint, most is age do). Let's get back to football.

The worst question was this hypothetical one about missing a SB or something or vaccine....like come on people.

Anyway. I am mad I even responded to this because I want this talk to stop. But I agree, some of the media questions were horrible.
It was the media who blew this whole thing way out of proportion. :nono:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2021 16:21
wallyuwl wrote:

Unfortunately tho for people that despise the Covid conversation, it’s kind of fair game when it’s a major part of a press conference involving media and the starting QB. Hopefully the Covid story line surrounding the team will subside soon and when we talk about Aaron, the story is about football
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

a couple of stats to illustrate how dominate yesterday's performance was

it took that meaningless Seattle drive at the end of the game to barely eclipse 200 yards of total offense (208)

We came close to doubling their time of possession.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Did the mods cancel Lupe?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Let's highlight this one, real quick once. Uglem is all over MVS and his effort isn't good, but there is zero way that the blocking scheme should require a WR to block a hand in the dirt DE. Where MVS fails big time is not getting to the Wagner. Even with the poor scheme, if he gets in Wagner's way, we convert. What should have happened was Turner blocks out, Newman blocks out, and Patrick base blocks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Realist wrote:
15 Nov 2021 18:58
Did the mods cancel Lupe?
Shut. Up.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BF004 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 16:20
Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2021 15:47
Same game plan we had against the 49ers in the NFC championship game.
Excellent plan against Seattle's backup running back in awful OL. Barry knew his guys could win 1 on 1s. 32....yes 32 qb pressures :shock:

Next week I think the plan might be flipped. Minny has 2 good wrs like the hawks but 1 guy and 1 guy alone took the packs lunch last year and that was Cook. He destroyed us for 6 tds over 200 on the ground and a big pass play. I know its a different scheme but holding Cook in check should be the #1 goal.

This Minny game is huge and for the 1st time I'm kinda nervous. Yea wrong thread. :)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay kids time for some hate...

Bottom 3 on D kind of a head-scratcher, didn't see any of them look too bad, but I wasn't watching that closely.

Garvin I can buy, he's still not there yet. Black too since he's a coverage liability but I didn't see anything egregious.

Yeahhhh, Lazard looked like crap. I think Aaron was largely the victim of drops by him and Jones, but that INT + no TDs will kill your grade. DeQuara had some okay plays but I can buy that he had some poor ones, too. Jones, yeah, those drops were ugly.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rodgers threw a bad ball to MVS which would have been a TD had the ball been good. Then Rodgers threw a bad ball to Lazard. His INT was all world bad.

Otherwise I thought he played a pretty good game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Andy Herman's Top Defensive Grades

1. Adrian Amos - good in safety coverage. Great in tackling
2. Eric Stokes - best game of his season. more below
3. Chandon Sullivan

Eric Stokes - Herman said this was the type of tape that would make you believe he will turn into a top CB in this league. Said it was amazing tape. He gushed a lot. "You don't see this type of tape often". I remember back in 2018 vs LA Rams. That was the "coming out game" for Jaire Alexander. Stokes was better this past game. What a freaking draft pick. This is the Packers strategy in Rd 1. Draft uber talented players at premium positions and hope they get it. Because if they do, you have a player with things you can't teach. I love it.

Andy Herman's Lowest Defensive Grades

1. Jonathan Garvin - I hate that Whitney is out so bad
2. Preston Smith - Surprising actually
3. Tyler Lancaster - also surprising

One thing to note. The lowest graded players except Garvin were essentially a neutral grade.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Listing of boundary rookie CBs since 2015 who has allowed a QB Rating of 80 or less.

1. Marcus Peters
2. Jalen Ramsey
3. Marshawn Lattimore
4. Marolon Humphrey
5. Trey White
6. Eric Stokes

Pretty good company to be in.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

AJ Dillon was Football Outsiders' 3rd ranked RB this week:
Dillon's longest carry gained only 11 yards, but he still picked up nine first downs while being stuffed just three times. His two catches: a 12-yard gain on second-and-10 and a 50-yard gain on second-and-6.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Labrev wrote:
16 Nov 2021 00:10

Bottom 3 on D kind of a head-scratcher, didn't see any of them look too bad, but I wasn't watching that closely.

Garvin I can buy, he's still not there yet. Black too since he's a coverage liability but I didn't see anything egregious.
I was scratching my head too, but when I went and looked at the game highlights, the Seahawks best pass plays were mostly against Rasul and Black. Still not sure I understand the Lowry and Clark grades though.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Nov 2021 13:15
Still not sure I understand the Lowry and Clark grades though.
Barry told them to stay in their lanes and rush to contain.
It worked really well vs Russell - but nobody told the dorks at PFF - so they hand out crappy grades
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Nov 2021 13:15
Labrev wrote:
16 Nov 2021 00:10

I was scratching my head too, but when I went and looked at the game highlights, the Seahawks best pass plays were mostly against Rasul and Black. Still not sure I understand the Lowry and Clark grades though.
I think its important to keep in mind, that a grade in the low 60's typically isn't bad. 60-70 is kind of like 'average'. Even 50's is supposed to be below average but not bad.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »