Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Nov. 21st, NOON CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 07:59
I think people are hard on Dillon in general. The guys receiving skills have been a God send, he can pass block well, and he is a monster.

I hear people say he isnt a short yardage back, is that because he doesnt convert every single time? I mean a large majority of the time he is falling forward. Most of the time he doesnt get a yard its because of a blocking breakdown and he is getting tattood in the back field. Not sure who would get first downs under those circumstances. I also wouldnt expect a back like Dillon to not need a breather every now and then. Hes a big engine, and big engines dont run on smoke.

I love AJ Dillon.
AJ Dillon is my favorite Green Bay Packer.

And I also think is the most important weapon for the Packers offensive success. He is just getting started.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:

I hear people say he isnt a short yardage back, is that because he doesnt convert every single time? I mean a large majority of the time he is falling forward. Most of the time he doesnt get a yard its because of a blocking breakdown and he is getting tattood in the back field. Not sure who would get first downs under those circumstances.
They were literally talking about this topic during the game and quoting Dillon as saying he was too high on these types of plays and working on lowering his pad level.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 08:33
Drj820 wrote:

I hear people say he isnt a short yardage back, is that because he doesnt convert every single time? I mean a large majority of the time he is falling forward. Most of the time he doesnt get a yard its because of a blocking breakdown and he is getting tattood in the back field. Not sure who would get first downs under those circumstances.
They were literally talking about this topic during the game and quoting Dillon as saying he was too high on these types of plays and working on lowering his pad level.
Just because it is something he is working on does not make him "not a short yardage back".

Also, theyve said the same thing about Derrick Henry for years.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 08:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Just because it is something he is working on does not make him "not a short yardage back".

the reasons are so obvious why running high hurts a RB that this argument makes no sense, there is leverage gain for a RB to drive through a defender when his pad level is lower, and there is bend at the knee, ya have power to go up through, when your high, your exposed, and easily stood up and driven back.

Dillon did have these issues earlier this season, and we all saw him stood up and pushed back, sure we can blame blocking, yet we see him smashing through DT's that are almost unblocked, why, pad level, he has more power when the pads are lower.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't, but he was struggling with short yardage. He was even talking about how he was and how he could improve! So the talk wasn't baseless. I don't actually think anyone was actually saying he isn't or couldn't be a short yardage back.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 09:21
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

the reasons are so obvious why running high hurts a RB that this argument makes no sense, there is leverage gain for a RB to drive through a defender when his pad level is lower, and there is bend at the knee, ya have power to go up through, when your high, your exposed, and easily stood up and driven back.

Dillon did have these issues earlier this season, and we all saw him stood up and pushed back, sure we can blame blocking, yet we see him smashing through DT's that are almost unblocked, why, pad level, he has more power when the pads are lower.
What argument? I just said that he can improve on pad level and it sounds like he knows he can...but I still think he, like derrick henry that runs upright, is a very good short yardage back.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 09:35
I don't actually think anyone was actually saying he isn't or couldn't be a short yardage back.
Another part of this was comparing him to Jones. Why doesn't Dillon get the short yardage carries? He must suck. No... it's because Jones is slippery weasel with the nose for the end zone. He's really good in short yardage situations. This is the part of the story people lost sight of. Just because Dillon wasn't hawking carries from Jones doesn't mean Dillon is incapable of doing it.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
19 Nov 2021 09:21
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

said he wants to be a Packer for life, loves the area, wants to be mayor of Door county :lol: whats not to like about that? :clap:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

AJ Dillon and Rodgers-to-Adams are unstoppable in the snow. We just need bad weather and the 1-seed is a shoe in. Especially against the Rams in 9 days, since they’re soft in the trenches on O.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A listen in from the Locked on Packers talking with the Locked on Vikings.
I always like these. Get the other team's perspective.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MN is undefeated when Kirk Cousins throws over 250 yards.
MN has not won a game when Kirk Cousin throws for under 250 yards.

Also, Justin Jefferson is legit, legit. He honestly might be the 2nd best WR in football behind Adams. I hate saying things like that because there are a lot of great players in the league, but the point I am making is Jefferson is just so freaking good.

When MN plays well. When they don't beat themselves, this is a very good football team. Their problem is beat themselves a lot with penalties, turnovers, etc.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trap game against the top division rival on the road... Nope

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 10:39
Yeah Peter worded the title of his video very poorly.

This is not a trap game. But it is a game that GB is playing where they are getting banged up, can't practice, and desperately need a bye. They are also playing a team who has the talent to compete against anyone, but has not put it together in games they should have won.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I feel good about it. We've been saying they need a bye for weeks (and it's true), but our defense is so lights out right now and our offense is making enough plays to get the job done.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Nov 2021 10:47
Pckfn23 wrote:

This is not a trap game. But it is a game that GB is playing where they are getting banged up, can't practice, and desperately need a bye. They are also playing a team who has the talent to compete against anyone, but has not put it together in games they should have won.
If we can't get pressure on Cousins, I will be worried. Otherwise, I think we roll.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:00
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

If we can't get pressure on Cousins, I will be worried. Otherwise, I think we roll.
Yeah the interior pressure will be key. Their guards are poor and center (depending on who it is) also has a history of being owned by Kenny Clark.

They actually have decent tackles.
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Nov 2021 12:00
go pak go wrote:

Yeah the interior pressure will be key. Their guards are poor and center (depending on who it is) also has a history of being owned by Kenny Clark.

They actually have decent tackles.
Our interior DL hasn't had many eye-popping games, but they sure have improved a LOT. Not only bringing pressure, but disciplined pressure. Wilson, Murray and Mahomes can burn undisciplined lines by running through gaps. They combined for 51 rushing yards. And allowed just around 75 rushing yards per game.

Slaton has been a prodigious pick. Getting high quality snaps from a rookie 5th rounder is silly. Lowry is playing like his contract is on the line, and it is. Lancaster has been fresh and fine in his role, as has Keke. Clark is just a run stopper, but a pretty OK one. ;)

Still can get better at goal line D, but this is a winning front.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The question I have is this:
GB is going to want to run the ball with Dillon... on inside zones
So how will MLF and AR react to the classic double A gap muggings that Zimmer loves to deploy ?

Will they check out of those runs, or stick with em ? The vikes will try like hell to stuff the inside, so GB will have to either overcome it or using Patrick Taylor on outside zones. We really don't want Dillon going laterally - but that's probably what Zimmer will try to make happen :box:
IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BSA wrote:
19 Nov 2021 19:41
The question I have is this:
GB is going to want to run the ball with Dillon... on inside zones
So how will MLF and AR react to the classic double A gap muggings that Zimmer loves to deploy ?

Will they check out of those runs, or stick with em ? The vikes will try like hell to stuff the inside, so GB will have to either overcome it or using Patrick Taylor on outside zones. We really don't want Dillon going laterally - but that's probably what Zimmer will try to make happen :box:
I dont mind him working off tackle. 1 cut and go.
Last edited by Backthepack4ever on 20 Nov 2021 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Cousins has best td to int ratio this year in the league. Have to get a fumble and be clean on O.