Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Nov. 21st, NOON CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:47
Pckfn23 wrote: 1st half, minus the last drive was not good at all for Rodgers. 2nd half plus the last drive of the 1st half, he was marvelous! He was both the problem and the answer. It was fun to watch him take it up a few notches.
Yeah, he wasn’t good to start the game but his overall performance was fantastic. He was not the reason they lost. The offense put up 467 yards of offense and 31 pts - should have been 34 - without the benefit of additional possessions via turnovers or short fields via ST play.
I didn't say he was the reason we lost... :box:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:36
1st half, minus the last drive was not good at all for Rodgers. 2nd half plus the last drive of the 1st half, he was marvelous! He was both the problem and the answer. It was fun to watch him take it up a few notches.

All we need is to stay healthy. Get the guys on IR back and not incur &%$@ more starter injuries.

I'm not too upset with this loss.
basically what I said, we saw two different QB's in Rodgers today, he needs to put in more practice, just can't stay healthy.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

That game was a huge scam. We're way better than them; they literally had all the calls and bounces, and everything went their way, and they needed every bit of it to barely beat us.

I hate the Queens.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:28
I’m not saying we won’t be able to overcome the injuries. Because hopefully we can just swap Bahk in and Itl be like it’s been all year, but this stuff is why you HAVE to take advantage when you are at the door step. You have to knock it down. We were there last year and had good injury luck. Seems the luck has run out. Still, we battle on.
I heard Bak isn't doing well. His knee swelled up at practice. Perhaps we should call Veldheer? ;)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote: 1st half, minus the last drive was not good at all for Rodgers. 2nd half plus the last drive of the 1st half, he was marvelous! He was both the problem and the answer. It was fun to watch him take it up a few notches.
Yeah, he wasn’t good to start the game but his overall performance was fantastic. He was not the reason they lost. The offense put up 467 yards of offense and 31 pts - should have been 34 - without the benefit of additional possessions via turnovers or short fields via ST play.
He's the reason 3 drives stalled in the first half, those are potential point subtractors, again, if where going to blame Savage for not making picks, or Stokes, etc, Rodgers not throwing to wide open receivers to move the chains should be included, that he turned his play around later is besides the point, but he looked pretty bad for the first quarter and a half.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

JKB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:36
1st half, minus the last drive was not good at all for Rodgers. 2nd half plus the last drive of the 1st half, he was marvelous! He was both the problem and the answer. It was fun to watch him take it up a few notches.

All we need is to stay healthy. Get the guys on IR back and not incur &%$@ more starter injuries.

I'm not too upset with this loss.
My sentiments exactly,
Losing in the Queendome was my expectation.
I had a bad feeling about this game all week. :|

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I had a fine feeling. All we needed to do was intercept a ball in our hands, not drill kork in the head, and make a field goal and we had it. Just a little less boneheadedness would have done the trick.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Yoop wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:59
APB wrote:
He's the reason 3 drives stalled in the first half, those are potential point subtractors, again, if where going to blame Savage for not making picks, or Stokes, etc, Rodgers not throwing to wide open receivers to move the chains should be included, that he turned his play around later is besides the point, but he looked pretty bad for the first quarter and a half.
True, he was not up to his standards early, but the end result he was enough to win

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:42
APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:33
go pak go wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:27

No Tonyan was a few weeks ago already.
Gary and Jones were just last week. Shrieks of them both being done for the year, you among them.

How about we just wait for some official statement before we declare injuries to be catastrophic and season ending. :aok:
I was the one last week that said I think Gary actually may be fine. I said there is a chance he popped his shoulder but have no serious ligament damage. I know this because I have had my share of shoulder injuries (ultimately did require surgery). Aaron Jones was because of actual reporting that Aaron Jones came out of the tent crying and we knew it was his knee. That was more on CBS. Mercilus was properly judged because he was "out" with a bicep and we know what those injuries mean.

Feel like you've been knitpicking on me a lot when honestly I have been right a lot this year on the injury front. I don't want to be right. But just using prior information of injury types and reaction has led me to my conclusions.

We have all watched a lot of football. The end result is fairly predictable when a guy falls on his own (which Jenkins really did. There was no weird landing. He just fell when the defensive end pushed him). Then he goes to the locker room on a cart...I would say odds are pretty strong it's not good for Elgton.

I hope I am wrong.
go pak go wrote: So Mercilus and Jones done for the year.

What voodoo sh*t is happening here?
On Gary:
go pak go wrote: That shoulder is out of place.
go pak go wrote: Sometimes you can pop a shoulder out of place and get lucky and have no structural damage.

Very unlikely though.
There was also a “broken arm” comment I thought was yours but was mistaken. In any case, this forum, and as I said you among them, tend to jump to the ultimate negative outlook with injuries. I don’t think that’s an inaccurate statement based upon the past few weeks.

All I’m suggesting is perhaps it’d be best to wait for official word before jumping straight to max hand-wringing mode. 8-)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

At least KC is winning....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:48
APB wrote:
I didn't say he was the reason we lost... :box:
Oh I know.

And I bet you also know who did…or at least strongly suggested Rodgers shouldered significant blame. :aok:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:05
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

Gary and Jones were just last week. Shrieks of them both being done for the year, you among them.

How about we just wait for some official statement before we declare injuries to be catastrophic and season ending. :aok:
I was the one last week that said I think Gary actually may be fine. I said there is a chance he popped his shoulder but have no serious ligament damage. I know this because I have had my share of shoulder injuries (ultimately did require surgery). Aaron Jones was because of actual reporting that Aaron Jones came out of the tent crying and we knew it was his knee. That was more on CBS. Mercilus was properly judged because he was "out" with a bicep and we know what those injuries mean.

Feel like you've been knitpicking on me a lot when honestly I have been right a lot this year on the injury front. I don't want to be right. But just using prior information of injury types and reaction has led me to my conclusions.

We have all watched a lot of football. The end result is fairly predictable when a guy falls on his own (which Jenkins really did. There was no weird landing. He just fell when the defensive end pushed him). Then he goes to the locker room on a cart...I would say odds are pretty strong it's not good for Elgton.

I hope I am wrong.

On Gary:
go pak go wrote: Sometimes you can pop a shoulder out of place and get lucky and have no structural damage.

Very unlikely though.
There was also a “broken arm” comment I thought was yours but was mistaken. In any case, this forum, and as I said you among them, tend to jump to the ultimate negative outlook with injuries. I don’t think that’s an inaccurate statement based upon the past few weeks.

All I’m suggesting is perhaps it’d be best to wait for official word before jumping straight to max hand-wringing mode. 8-)
Sorry, but unfortunately there is little doubt Jenkins tore an ACL.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:05
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

I hope I am wrong.

On Gary:

Very unlikely though.

Where is the fun in that….
Immediately go to worse case mentally, then if and when it is proven much less deep sigh and smile!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I could not bear to watch it and turned it off at halftime. Maybe tomorrow I will watch the second half.

Bakh
Tonyan
Myers
Jones
Lazard
Z
Alexander

It was just too much

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

"Packers fear torn ACL"

That on field test is essentially 100% accurate.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Always enjoy watching Dallas lose .... and the Vikings lose. Go Chiefs.

The Queens-domes (past and present) .... never a fan of either. Annoying :box:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Bak having missed 4 practices means he's likely getting pain/swelling when he tries to go. We think these surgeries are routine, but no surgery is ever routine.

God damn it.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:21
I could not bear to watch it and turned it off at halftime. Maybe tomorrow I will watch the second half.

Bakh
Tonyan
Myers
Jones
Lazard
Z
Alexander

It was just too much
Me too ... I put up Christmas lights instead. I'll watch the replay later.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

I missed watching the game live, just finished on DVR.
There was pressure on cousins but it did t look to me like it was pressure that unsettled him and of course caused lots of sacks and fumbles.
A friend thinks there was lots pressure on him?
What say you?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

JKB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:31
I missed watching the game live, just finished on DVR.
There was pressure on cousins but it did t look to me like it was pressure that unsettled him and of course caused lots of sacks and fumbles.
A friend thinks there was lots pressure on him?
What say you?
Very inconsistent and took blitzing in the 2nd half to get it done and even then was inconsistent.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."