Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Nov. 21st, NOON CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Gotta hand it to ARod and LaFleur this week. They learned from their 1st half mistakes and it was beautiful. :beer2:

ESB and MVS looked damn good out there, too.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:54
Gotta hand it to ARod and LaFleur this week. They learned from their 1st half mistakes and it was beautiful. :beer2:

ESB and MVS looked damn good out there, too.
Yeah, Lafleur's second half adjustment game has long left wanting (to me, at least). This game was definitely one of his best in that department.

For the most part, I'm proud of this team.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 15:37
The Keke penalty, the savage drop, the Crosby miss...way too much to overcome on the road.

And to think, we only lost by 3.
Kind of. Don't be fooled, if they needed a TD at the end they get it easily.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:04
I had a fine feeling. All we needed to do was intercept a ball in our hands, not drill kork in the head, and make a field goal and we had it. Just a little less boneheadedness would have done the trick.
What's worse is just replace those "ands" with "or's"

Literally only needed one of them. Like Texas said, MN had a LOT bounce their way.

Only thing I counted was Rodgers recovered a fumble (but it's equal because they recovered their's too), a Defensive Holding call on Adams my friend didn't like (no points were scored on it), and Breeland dropped an INT (though no points were scored on it)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
21 Nov 2021 17:44
Drj820 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 16:04
I had a fine feeling. All we needed to do was intercept a ball in our hands, not drill kork in the head, and make a field goal and we had it. Just a little less boneheadedness would have done the trick.
What's worse is just replace those "ands" with "or's"

Literally only needed one of them. Like Texas said, MN had a LOT bounce their way.

Only thing I counted was Rodgers recovered a fumble (but it's equal because they recovered their's too), a Defensive Holding call on Adams my friend didn't like (no points were scored on it), and Breeland dropped an INT (though no points were scored on it)
Yeah, I suppose you can make the argument both teams left some plays on the field. I definitely feel like the Packers left the more impactful game-changing plays out there, though. The game was there to be won, just didn’t get it done.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Huh.

I am watching that Savage play.

Guys that is an interception.

Like he clearly high points the ball. He has control the entire way down. His knee and elbow hit the ground with clear control.

That is an interception.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I feel like the defensive gameplan was not good enough to stop Jefferson. Never saw a double team, saw Sullivan on him everytime he was in the slot. Would have preferred someone follow him. Jefferson is the type to hurt MANY defenses, but I felt like one on one or just a true zone where no one shadowed him was never going to get it done. All they had to do was put him in different spots and they were getting dictate who covered him everytime we were in man.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
21 Nov 2021 18:06
Huh.

Like he clearly high points the ball. He has control the entire way down. His knee and elbow hit the ground with clear control.

That is an interception.
Because he went to the ground he needs to maintain control the entire time including hitting the ground. He didn't, and it cost the game.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 Nov 2021 18:11
go pak go wrote:
Huh.

That is an interception.
Because he went to the ground he needs to maintain control the entire time including hitting the ground. He didn't, and it cost the game.
They gave Osborne catches today doing the same thing. They have definitely laxxed up on that rule. They even say, "ball can hit the ground if it doesn't move" which honestly the ball didn't really move while on the ground. They give these to WRs all the time.

That was a catch.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I was watching on my phone so certainly didnt get the closest look, but every replay I saw did not show anything enough to overturn the call of INT on the field.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Huh.

That is an interception.
Summed up nicely. It definitely came loose when he hit the ground. Regardless of what other calls were made, that call was correct. Didn’t complete the catch going to the ground.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

That hand off to Cobb who ran the option and then flipped it to Dillon was an absolutely sick play. Loved that.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Nov 2021 19:03
That hand off to Cobb who ran the option and then flipped it to Dillon was an absolutely sick play. Loved that.
AR said they took that from the rams but it could be a short yardage buster. Loved it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I thought the offensive penalties in the first half were killer. Wasn’t watching closely enough to know whether it was really poor execution or over officiating, but I got the feeling it was partially the latter.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 18:35
wallyuwl wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Huh.

That is an interception.
Summed up nicely. It definitely came loose when he hit the ground. Regardless of what other calls were made, that call was correct. Didn’t complete the catch going to the ground.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Team did not show much confidence in Patrick Taylor in what was his first game as RB2.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

40 some games in and that was LaFleur’s first road loss in the division.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
21 Nov 2021 20:17
40 some games in and that was LaFleur’s first road loss in the division.
And it's crazy our two losses this year is largely because of dropped INTs (Kevin King, Darnell Savage) and 3 missed

Like I can't believe with all the injuries we have, that the Packers are still a really tough team to beat.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I was actually kinda excited when Lazard was going to be out. I thought EQSB could be an upgrade over Lazard. He's a pretty good blocker and simply a better receiver and playmaker.

I think today cemented that in my thoughts even further. Lazard still is the better blocker. But I think EQSB is our 2nd best blocking WR. And offers a lot more with the ball in his hands. He's simply more talented. He just needs the confidence.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
21 Nov 2021 19:58
APB wrote:
21 Nov 2021 18:35
wallyuwl wrote:

Yeah, I still think it was called correctly by how the catch definition is written when going to the ground.

For what it’s worth, I thought King’s interception last week should’ve been reversed, too. Hell, I thought Savage’s play was closer to being legit than King’s tbh.