Rams @ Packers GDT: Sunday Nov 28th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Nov 2021 21:53
BF004 wrote:
24 Nov 2021 13:44

Lol at King not practicing.
The softest MFer I have ever seen.
Yeah I just can't see him making any money this offseason. Certainly a good bottom roster guy. Could certainly have worse as a backup boundary corner.

But this guy's availability history alone to me makes him no more than a $2.5 million guy. He is now going on 1 of 5 years in the league being healthy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
24 Nov 2021 13:44

Lol at King not practicing.
Yeah I just can't see him making any money this offseason. Certainly a good bottom roster guy. Could certainly have worse as a backup boundary corner.

But this guy's availability history alone to me makes him no more than a $2.5 million guy. He is now going on 1 of 5 years in the league being healthy.
have you consumed the basting sherry :lol: King misses a lot of games but healthy is a pretty good CB, thats why we paid 6 mil. for him this year, I think he'll get close to that again

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:26
have you consumed the basting sherry King misses a lot of games but healthy is a pretty good CB, thats why we paid 6 mil. for him this year, I think he'll get close to that again
We paid 6 million because we inexplicably bid against ourselves. He wasn't worth that on the open market as evidenced by similar deals and he won't sniff close to that this year. He is essentially a minimum salary guy from here on out.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:08
Pckfn23 wrote:

have you consumed the basting sherry :lol: King misses a lot of games but healthy is a pretty good CB, thats why we paid 6 mil. for him this year, I think he'll get close to that again
Me being the BG "bootlicker", I am going to have disagree with you. The Packers overapaid and this season is once again showing they overpaid. It was a bad move.

I wouldn't be shocked if we resigned him again, but it will be at a significantly lower price. Availability is a huge deal. Let alone quality of play. He has been okay. Not great. Terrible at times but overall you can see he has talent. Just doesn't bring it together consistently and certainly can't stay healthy.

I don't want to pay someone to not suit up. The Packers may as well pay me to do that.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:52
Yoop wrote:
have you consumed the basting sherry King misses a lot of games but healthy is a pretty good CB, thats why we paid 6 mil. for him this year, I think he'll get close to that again
We paid 6 million because we inexplicably bid against ourselves. He wasn't worth that on the open market as evidenced by similar deals and he won't sniff close to that this year. He is essentially a minimum salary guy from here on out.
we'll see, I'am thinking he'll get 4 mil. open market, he has played better then fans think, two years ago he had 5 picks. PFF gave him top grades for several games this year, availability is a issue, but teams will put up with a player missing a few games a season as long as they do well when they do play.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
25 Nov 2021 10:48
we'll see, I'am thinking he'll get 4 mil. open market, he has played better then fans think, two years ago he had 5 picks. PFF gave him top grades for several games this year, availability is a issue, but teams will put up with a player missing a few games a season as long as they do well when they do play.
He's horrifically inconsistent. That's the only thing about him that has stayed the same. You're not wrong that he has shown himself capable of playing some top games, but it's not like he plays well when healthy and then gets hurt a lot. He plays well sometimes. He plays terribly sometimes. AND he's not super available.

He's a gamble every time he's on the field, not just a gamble as to whether or not he'll be on the field. He has been as often bad as he has been good throughout his career. He is not worth the $5-6 million we gave him this year. He should not have received it. And he will not receive it moving forward.

But yeah, $3-4 mil isn't out of the question.

But he's not better than fans think. If anything, fans didn't notice how unreliable he is until he epically flamed out in the NFCCG last year, literally costing us the game with his poor play. But several people have been aware for years that he just isn't that high-caliber of a QB.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Joe and Troy on Sunday..... :bkw:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Nov 2021 11:31
Yoop wrote:
25 Nov 2021 10:48
He's horrifically inconsistent. That's the only thing about him that has stayed the same. You're not wrong that he has shown himself capable of playing some top games, but it's not like he plays well when healthy and then gets hurt a lot. He plays well sometimes. He plays terribly sometimes. AND he's not super available.

He's a gamble every time he's on the field, not just a gamble as to whether or not he'll be on the field. He has been as often bad as he has been good throughout his career. He is not worth the $5-6 million we gave him this year. He should not have received it. And he will not receive it moving forward.

But yeah, $3-4 mil isn't out of the question.

But he's not better than fans think. If anything, fans didn't notice how unreliable he is until he epically flamed out in the NFCCG last year, literally costing us the game with his poor play. But several people have been aware for years that he just isn't that high-caliber of a QB.
I think some of that inconsistency is do to playing less then 100%, he had a back issue and played in that PO game against Tampa, and we play him at less then 100% because he's still the 3rd best corner we have.

and thats Kings biggest issue, he's always nursing a dinger, obviously the FO liked what they saw 2 years ago and why they paid him last year, 2 years ago when healthy he had 50 some tackles, 5 picks and 15 PD's, that will get you paid every day of the week.

I know I crack jokes about him needing a city block to turn around, the hips of a brood mare, and the manoeuvreability of a pontoon boat with a broken Sears and Rowback motor :rotf: ( I stole that one) but we could do worse for the money he'll cost to bring back.

but then I was told this is a good draft class for corners, so maybe we'll go that route and try and get a truly gifted slot corner, or maybe we'll do both, we always seem to be short on CB's

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Charles Woodson is being honored at halftime, looks like I'll be wearing my old Woodson jersey to the game!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Nov 2021 08:00
Charles Woodson is being honored at halftime, looks like I'll be wearing my old Woodson jersey to the game!
Next man will likely be Leroy Butler.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Friday Field Prep
Attachments
9EA54047-69F5-4D26-8382-911E1FDB4F71.jpeg
9EA54047-69F5-4D26-8382-911E1FDB4F71.jpeg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 365 times
37768B78-CBBF-4412-B570-5C55FFA8E05E.jpeg
37768B78-CBBF-4412-B570-5C55FFA8E05E.jpeg (3.87 MiB) Viewed 365 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2021 21:23
I thought I heard Rodgers say it was his pinky toe. :idn:
I still say he stubbed it while at home during his quarantine. :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
25 Nov 2021 08:06
Slightly off topic.

Just went to the FF forum to see what the chatter was about for this week’s matchup. Haven’t been on there in some time.

For those of you who frequent that site, is there an inside joke I’m missing? The insufferable negativity was impressive in its own right. I almost got the impression they were working some collective reverse psychology angle in order to will the Packers to a win this week. Then I kept reading and realized it wasn’t.

I mean, egads, this forum has its share of Negative Nancy’s but nothing close to what I saw there. And then to suffer through all the advertisements to boot?

No thanks. I’ll keep her parked right here. I’ll take this bunch of Richard Simmons wannabe’s over that crew any day. :aok:

Anyway, thought it worth sharing. Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation…
How many ads are you seeing? I usually see one at the bottom of the screen but I ignore it. Were you reading the Packers subforum or the General? There is one guy on there who is worried about us facing a rested Rams team and that D line of theirs. He is kinda negative but perhaps he does that so he doesn't get his hopes up? ;) This is going to be a challenge facing a well rested good team while we are pretty beat up. I hope MLF has a plan to help keep Donald out of Rodgers' face.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:05
APB wrote:
25 Nov 2021 08:06
Slightly off topic.

Just went to the FF forum to see what the chatter was about for this week’s matchup. Haven’t been on there in some time.

For those of you who frequent that site, is there an inside joke I’m missing? The insufferable negativity was impressive in its own right. I almost got the impression they were working some collective reverse psychology angle in order to will the Packers to a win this week. Then I kept reading and realized it wasn’t.

I mean, egads, this forum has its share of Negative Nancy’s but nothing close to what I saw there. And then to suffer through all the advertisements to boot?

No thanks. I’ll keep her parked right here. I’ll take this bunch of Richard Simmons wannabe’s over that crew any day. :aok:

Anyway, thought it worth sharing. Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation…
What is the FF Forum?
Football's Future. It is a large football forum with subforums for every team. It is interesting to read what fans of other teams are thinking about their team and ours. The Packers subforum has more posts than the other teams' subforums combined.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Really interested to see how Joe Barry schemes against this Rams offense. Yes, Stafford was not a part of the Rams offense while Joe was there but the offense itself has not changed much. I would think Joe has some pretty good ideas on how to attack and defend against his old team despite the injuries we now absorbed.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

APB wrote:
27 Nov 2021 07:36
Really interested to see how Joe Barry schemes against this Rams offense. Yes, Stafford was not a part of the Rams offense while Joe was there but the offense itself has not changed much. I would think Joe has some pretty good ideas on how to attack and defend against his old team despite the injuries we now absorbed.
JB caught a lot of flack early in the season, which he probably deserved. Seems like our defense has found some gel these past few games.

Glancing over the team stats. On paper it looks like this will be a very even matchup. I didn't see any statistical category where one team had a significant advantage over the other. Our greatest advantage over them that I found was in scoring defense. The Packers actually have a top 5 scoring defense. Rams are middle of the pack in that category.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021 ... ms-week-12

Gary is great news. King is so soft...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Another great piece of news is Jaire Alexander was legit doing individual drills during practice this week. More than he was doing last week. :aok:
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

What's the weather forecast for tomorrow?

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

King sucks. He sucks long and hard. He sucks in short yardage. He sucks at giving up big plays. The only thing he can hang his hat on is that he sucks.

I suspect he fails to make a team next year.