Rams @ Packers GDT: Sunday Nov 28th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

APB wrote:
28 Nov 2021 06:42
Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Nov 2021 06:23
And they are slight underdogs on their home field.
Yeah, it's interesting to me the Packers started out as 1.5pt favs and now, after receiving relative good news this week with the status of Aaron Jones and Rashan Gary, have become 1.5 - 2pt dogs at home. My novice reading of the line shift tells me a bunch of money has gone on the Rams thus far and Vegas is trying to even the money out a bit.

If I were a gambling man, I'd take those points and lay some duckets on the Pack today. I think they win outright.
Well, did you?
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
28 Nov 2021 20:44
go pak go wrote:
28 Nov 2021 19:40
So Rasul Douglas is starting to show he deserves to be part of the top 3 CB lineup when Jaire comes back right?
Definitely
Yeah, Jaire, Stokes and Rasul are the clear top 3. Gotta give credit to Gutey for getting the latter two. King is an overpay, but those two make up for it.

Rasul even hits well vs the running game, and can evade blocks on screens, so he can be valuable in the slot.

CBs may wanna gather for a bye week Juggs machine session or three, tho. Dunno how many dropped picks in last few games, but many.

Get everybody healthy for the playoffs, and this D can have both a solid secondary and a relentless pass rush.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
28 Nov 2021 21:25
2 doinks in two weeks.

He’s mostly right there. Little bit of bad luck right there, imo.

Still by far our best option heading into January
Gosh. I think he is literally less than 50% since the Bengals game. That's starting to become a pretty large sample size. We are talking two months here and it has cost us at least 1 if not two losses. And his misses are all like under 45 yards. (many under 40 yards)

I would argue at this point anyone else by far is our best option going into January. Because his makes look terrible too.

I think there needs to be some soul searching this bye week on what they need to do. Either suit up Molsen or decide to stick with Mason and they will get it figured out.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

texas wrote:
28 Nov 2021 23:17
Nice win today. I thought the actual difference between the teams was greater than the margin of victory. They can beat us, but I think we match up well against them and are a better team by quite a bit.
Tampa is probably the one and only team to „fear“, but even that is not the same „fear“ we once had towards the Harbaugh-49ers. Going into the Bye our odds look good, but we all know what kind of b*tch NFL-Football is, so stay tuned.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

After Week 1, Green Bay's only losses are due to ST's not fielding punts, missed FGs and dropped INTs.

This is despite missing the following players in that time:

Aaron Rodgers
Davante Adams
David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
MVS
Allen Lazard
Aaron Jones
Robert Tonyan
Josh Meyers
Z'darius Smith
Jaire Alexander
Rashan Gary
(OLB #4 and #5)
Kevin King

Let that sink in. The Green Bay Packers absolutely dominated the Rams yesterday. Once again this game was only "close" points wise because of missed FGs, not catching the punt return and dropped INTs. This had the makings of a 45+ to 14 point ball game.

This team is the best team in the NFL and this team if executing properly and even moderately healthy, is an historically good football team. This team is better than 2010 primarily because its QB is better and run game is definitely better.

The thing that can trip this team up is injuries, missed opportunities and any given Sunday. Literally the same thing that has happened all year.

But make no mistake, this Green Bay Packers team is and should be the favorite here on out.

Now. That being all said....I hate being the favorites. So I will never speak of this again. Go Bears. Beat the Cardinals for me.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also, we are on pace for Matt LeFluer being the HC of the Year and Brian Gutekunst being the GM of the year.

I think Rodgers, if he continues this play into December, is likely going to get MVP again though I think that is more because nobody else is really "taking it" this year.

But again. A whole 2 more months of football.

Lotta ballgame left.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We won. I'm happy. Not really in the mood to over-analyze right now. Time to relax, heal, and hopefully come out of the bye healthier than when they went in.
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

go pak go wrote:
29 Nov 2021 05:41
BF004 wrote:
2 doinks in two weeks.

Gosh. I think he is literally less than 50% since the Bengals game. That's starting to become a pretty large sample size. We are talking two months here and it has cost us at least 1 if not two losses. And his misses are all like under 45 yards. (many under 40 yards)

I would argue at this point anyone else by far is our best option going into January. Because his makes look terrible too.

I think there needs to be some soul searching this bye week on what they need to do. Either suit up Molsen or decide to stick with Mason and they will get it figured out.
That doink looked perfect coming off his leg; the ball curved left near the end. Now whether this is due to ball rotation or wind is anyones guess.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
29 Nov 2021 06:06
I think Rodgers, if he continues this play into December, is likely going to get MVP again though I think that is more because nobody else is really "taking it" this year.
Nope, not after the "immunization" thing. Too many voting media members will hold that against him and in a season that affords voters no clear-cut favorite, Rodgers will never get the votes he needs.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Nov 2021 23:59
APB wrote:
28 Nov 2021 06:42
Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Nov 2021 06:23
And they are slight underdogs on their home field.
Yeah, it's interesting to me the Packers started out as 1.5pt favs and now, after receiving relative good news this week with the status of Aaron Jones and Rashan Gary, have become 1.5 - 2pt dogs at home. My novice reading of the line shift tells me a bunch of money has gone on the Rams thus far and Vegas is trying to even the money out a bit.

If I were a gambling man, I'd take those points and lay some duckets on the Pack today. I think they win outright.
Well, did you?
:-)
Unfortunately, no. :?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Waldo wrote:
29 Nov 2021 07:25
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:
2 doinks in two weeks.

That doink looked perfect coming off his leg; the ball curved left near the end. Now whether this is due to ball rotation or wind is anyones guess.
I mean it was like a 42 yard field goal. The wind wasn't that strong to do the ball dirty in that short of a distance.

Literally all his kicks are bias to the left. I don't know why that is. At least it is consistent, but this literally could cost this really, really good football team the season.
Last edited by go pak go on 29 Nov 2021 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Waldo wrote:
29 Nov 2021 07:25
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:
2 doinks in two weeks.

We sat in the south end zone and we could easily see that the US flags on the roof of the north end zone indicated the wind was coming steadily and directly out of the north. See a photo that I posted earlier. At the same time as we sat in row 30, we felt the wind at our back! Also the goal post flags occasionally had some small movement but in the southerly direction but it was not significant. WTH does all this mean? It can be complicated. I’m not sure what the wind was doing at field level. For those pre game kicks that I watched MC kick, (I didn’t watch every kick.) didn’t seem to me that the wind was having much affect. More than anything else, all this probably blows around inside any kickers head and that probably has the same amount of affect! Similar to a golfer trying to get a good read on a six footer with a lot of break.
:dunno:

Like you said anyone’s guess. But I would hope that the org has studied this to help the kickers.
GO PACK GO!!!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
29 Nov 2021 06:02
After Week 1, Green Bay's only losses are due to ST's not fielding punts, missed FGs and dropped INTs.

This is despite missing the following players in that time:

Aaron Rodgers
Davante Adams
David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
MVS
Allen Lazard
Aaron Jones
Robert Tonyan
Josh Meyers
Z'darius Smith
Jaire Alexander
Rashan Gary
(OLB #4 and #5)
Kevin King

Let that sink in. The Green Bay Packers absolutely dominated the Rams yesterday. Once again this game was only "close" points wise because of missed FGs, not catching the punt return and dropped INTs. This had the makings of a 45+ to 14 point ball game.

This team is the best team in the NFL and this team if executing properly and even moderately healthy, is an historically good football team. This team is better than 2010 primarily because its QB is better and run game is definitely better.

The thing that can trip this team up is injuries, missed opportunities and any given Sunday. Literally the same thing that has happened all year.

But make no mistake, this Green Bay Packers team is and should be the favorite here on out.

Now. That being all said....I hate being the favorites. So I will never speak of this again. Go Bears. Beat the Cardinals for me.
I think in the end it will again come down to the battle of the bays for a trip to the Super Bowl.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The packers don’t need Lazard to be something he’s not. They just need him to catch balls that hit him in the hands. Rodgers knows he can’t separate, so Lazard has to catch the balls in traffic that Rodgers puts right on his face mask.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 09:28
The packers don’t need Lazard to be something he’s not. They just need him to catch balls that hit him in the hands. Rodgers knows he can’t separate, so Lazard has to catch the balls in traffic that Rodgers puts right on his face mask.
We're all getting close to favoring EQ over Lazard for playing time, right?

I mean Rodgers KEEPS singling him out positively. Lazard KEEPS losing on 50/50 balls or failing to secure any catch with a degree of difficulty over "perfect throw." At some point, the marginal difference in run blocking between the two is overcome by the potential marginal difference on the receiving end.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Krys Barnes had a really good game. He'd have been a strong Here's Johnny candidate if not for Douglas stepping up just a wee bit further and more noticeably.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Nov 2021 11:02
Krys Barnes had a really good game. He'd have been a strong Here's Johnny candidate if not for Douglas stepping up just a wee bit further and more noticeably.
Yeah, I voted Douglas, but I had Barnes and Rodgers as my HM's.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The top difference in this defense between this year and years past is the ILB play. I pray the org recognizes it’s importance when making future roster decisions.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Looking forward to seeing the Bottom 5 PFF grades. Other than Lucas Patrick and maaaaybe Lazard, I can't think of anybody who stood out in a significant negative light. Just a solid game all around.

Well, discounting ST again, too. :oops: