Charles Woodson and the Lambeau Field Ring of Glory

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Fantastic story, [mention]Bogey[/mention]! Thanks for sharing!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Bogey wrote:
29 Nov 2021 23:57
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Nov 2021 18:13
TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Nov 2021 14:40
It might not be that bad an idea to talk more about Woodson's speech and induction.

Thank you Skeptic. Like Charles said, "Go Packers".
Totally agree.

Staying with the Charles Woodson theme, after the game I was bringing a fan (an older gentleman -- even older than me, which is really old) in a wheelchair down the ADA/VIP elevator at section 131. Elevator was going up instead of down but at that point if there's room on an elevator you grab it when you can and ride it out. So the elevator stops at level 4 and in walks Charles Woodson. This fan and his son were at Lambeau for the first time ever and were already pumped by the experience but this left them in awe. Charles talked with them, shook hands with them and thanked them for being there. After we got off the elevator I walked the father and son out. The father was wide-eyed and speechless, the son couldn't stop gushing about it, teared up and said "This day is way better than I ever dreamed it would be."

Charles Woodson, class act.
Go Packers!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

thanks for sharing Bogey :aok:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
29 Nov 2021 14:42
We do not have a top 10 receiver group, not even close, and if ya add in TE where probably late teens
all grade services differ a bit, but here we are at 19, and don't forget our guys have a HOF QB throwing them the ball

https://nflspinzone.com/2021/08/02/nfl- ... cowboys/7/

drop rate of over 16%

15. Green Bay Packers
The receiving corps generated mixed reviews on ballots (ranks between 11 and 21), likely because it’s difficult to account for both the elite number-one weapon (Davante Adams) and the poor depth. On targets 10+ yards downfield, non-Adams receivers had a pathetic 48.5% catch rate and 16.1% drop rate.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/a ... win-diggs/

heres two, and both show that we are not as well stocked at WR as some seem to think we are.
I don't know how this is in the Woodson thread, but anyhow...

The passes to Lazard yesterday were an example. I'm really not knocking Lazard. I love the guy. But he had a couple of contested balls and he almost whiffed on both. He's tall enough and has enough reach. His athleticism should give him a good chance at those, even in close coverage.

Maybe it was just a case where he misses two contested balls. Even Davante missed a couple yesterday. But if Lazard were just a little more athletic, he would likely come down with more of those.

I do think that MVS is under-valued in something like this survey. He doesn't get schemed in the offense enough, or at least not in various diverse patterns. I'm thinking he gets more of those opportunities during the rest of this season. He's a legitimate WR2 and he's still growing into things.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!