Packers Next Stadium

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:03
why have seats then, ya wanna stand for 3 hours Lambeau has a section for you up in that 700 section.
I don't know why you keep going to this extreme argument of 3 hour standing. NOBODY is asking for 3 hour standing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:02
Nobody is asking you to stand for 3 hours.

Just stand while the defense is on the field. Bring them energy. It's likely 30 to 45 minutes of standing max. We see how much an edge it gives the Vikings and Chiefs edge rushers because they can jump the snap count. Why Packers fans don't want that for their team blows my mind.

When the coach of the Green Bay Packers said his first training camp that Lambeau Field needs to be louder so we have a home field advantage...it's a problem. I was just overall really impressed he had the balls to speak up about it.
come on now, don't be disenginous, not many complain when people stand up raving for the defense to do well, most people stand for that, what bothers me is people that stand continuous and have to be yelled at to sit down for 3 straight hours, typically there half drunk and obnocious to boot and will ignore you.
Lambeau is loud, some of this talk goes against my experiences going to games, that it isn't the loudest of the louder stadiums is besides the point, it was never built to be loud, it's a bowl shaped stadium, not oblong, and your comparing it to those type stadiums.

if there isn't a sitting rule there should be, people that sit have just as much right to view a game as anyone else, they paid the same price.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:17
go pak go wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:02
Nobody is asking you to stand for 3 hours.

Just stand while the defense is on the field. Bring them energy. It's likely 30 to 45 minutes of standing max. We see how much an edge it gives the Vikings and Chiefs edge rushers because they can jump the snap count. Why Packers fans don't want that for their team blows my mind.

When the coach of the Green Bay Packers said his first training camp that Lambeau Field needs to be louder so we have a home field advantage...it's a problem. I was just overall really impressed he had the balls to speak up about it.
come on now, don't be disenginous, not many complain when people stand up raving for the defense to do well, most people stand for that, what bothers me is people that stand continuous and have to be yelled at to sit down for 3 straight hours, typically there half drunk and obnocious to boot and will ignore you.
Lambeau is loud, some of this talk goes against my experiences going to games, that it isn't the loudest of the louder stadiums is besides the point, it was never built to be loud, it's a bowl shaped stadium, not oblong, and your comparing it to those type stadiums.

if there isn't a sitting rule there should be, people that sit have just as much right to view a game as anyone else, they paid the same price.
Per the Fan Code of Conduct: Standing and Cheering is allowed within the "flow of the game".
Interesting lack of clarity. One person's definition of the flow of the game may differ from another's viewpoint.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

The last game I went to in December 2019, my section stood the majority of the time and there were no issues. Actually stayed kinda warm. Hence I believe whatever policy once existed is being relaxed. Sorry Yoop!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I haven't been to a game in close to 15 years, but from what I know from people in GB and who go to games (my grandparents had two tickets that are still in the family) it seems a lot of the older folks of years ago who complained about standing, chanting, even cheering are now too old to go and it is their children who have taken their place.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Nov 2021 16:40
I haven't been to a game in close to 15 years, but from what I know from people in GB and who go to games (my grandparents had two tickets that are still in the family) it seems a lot of the older folks of years ago who complained about standing, chanting, even cheering are now too old to go and it is their children who have taken their place.
I hope this is true. It was better in 2019 when I was there but still was significantly behind other stadiums in terms of bringing consistent energy while on defense.

But it has seemed to be an improvement in the MLF era both based on personal experience and what I hear on TV. But I would always like it louder. The stadium expansion keeps sound in and I would like Lambeau to be known as one of the louder stadiums in the league. Especially because we have been the best team in football in the MLF era.

We have a lot to cheer about.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

My first game at Lambeau was in '95. Yucs we're in their last season of the creamsicle unis. Reggie must've knocked Dilfer down a dozen times, each time picking him up and dusting him off! The place was loud and ROWDY. Crowd was on its feet most of the game, we were in row 60. Packer fans were HUNGRY back then.
With success came complacency to many of us, l believe. Too many good years makes people think the boys don't need our help. GET UP AND YELL! You are part of the team, too!
I am not a rude person, and try my best not to act like an A-hole. But, when our D has their backs to the goal line and both our players and our HEAD COACH are waving their arms to get us up and screaming, l AM STANDING.
When the offense is on the field, sit down and shut up before the snap, until we have a successful play. If you come to Lambeau and plan on sitting all game then grumble when the folks in front of you are standing and getting loud, you are the one making the bad decision. Just stay home and watch Aikman and Buck then.
As for the Wave, please make it go the way of the Packerina! That crap usually happens when we should be screaming!
And as for folks who hate the bleachers, l highly recommend the new south addition. You get your own seat, many are covered so snow or rain doesn't get you, the view is excellent, and the price is right, especially late in the season. Easy access to concessions and restrooms, too.
GO PACK GO!!!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Turk's B.B.C. wrote:
26 Nov 2021 21:34
My first game at Lambeau was in '95. Yucs we're in their last season of the creamsicle unis. Reggie must've knocked Dilfer down a dozen times, each time picking him up and dusting him off! The place was loud and ROWDY. Crowd was on its feet most of the game, we were in row 60. Packer fans were HUNGRY back then.
With success came complacency to many of us, l believe. Too many good years makes people think the boys don't need our help. GET UP AND YELL! You are part of the team, too!
I am not a rude person, and try my best not to act like an A-hole. But, when our D has their backs to the goal line and both our players and our HEAD COACH are waving their arms to get us up and screaming, l AM STANDING.
When the offense is on the field, sit down and shut up before the snap, until we have a successful play. If you come to Lambeau and plan on sitting all game then grumble when the folks in front of you are standing and getting loud, you are the one making the bad decision. Just stay home and watch Aikman and Buck then.
As for the Wave, please make it go the way of the Packerina! That crap usually happens when we should be screaming!
And as for folks who hate the bleachers, l highly recommend the new south addition. You get your own seat, many are covered so snow or rain doesn't get you, the view is excellent, and the price is right, especially late in the season. Easy access to concessions and restrooms, too.
GO PACK GO!!!
Makes a heckuva lot of sense. You should post more often. Go Packers.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Turk's B.B.C. wrote:
26 Nov 2021 21:34
GO PACK GO!!!
Have sat there also, among many many other sections!
Now I’m in 101 row 48 15&16 when I go! Lol

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The crowd today was absolutely AWESOME. :aok:
Yoop wrote:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
28 Nov 2021 19:39
Twas a GOLD Package crowd.

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 Nov 2021 05:36
go pak go wrote:
Was definitely a rockin' crowd! Lots of on-your-feet time ( the 20 minutes the Rams had the ball, lol!), and NO WAVE!!! NOT EVEN ONCE!!! Unless l missed it on the restroom trip...
The Packers have done a great job of trying to bring back the home field advantage of the Holmgren days.
The video clips of Packer players telling the crowd to get up, make noise and support the D, and the decibel meter are both excellent ways to squelch the Wisconsin Nice and the "Down in Front!" carmudgeons. And when the whole bench and head coach are waving their arms telling us to get up, it gets a little raucous in the place!
Keeps the Waves down, too!
The old, "(bamp-bamp-ba-ba-ba-bamp) GO PACK GO!!" chant is still nice, but needed some help. I'm glad it has been provided!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also was gunna comment i thought the crowd was really good for a gold package game.

We had sweet seats where we could stand the whole time, so no idea how the sit down Karen’s were out there.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

from what I could tell from listening on TV, it sounded very routy, unrully and loud, those people in the suits should keep those windows closed, people trying to catch a nap obviously where disturbed :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Turk's B.B.C. wrote:
30 Nov 2021 11:36
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Was definitely a rockin' crowd! Lots of on-your-feet time ( the 20 minutes the Rams had the ball, lol!), and NO WAVE!!! NOT EVEN ONCE!!! Unless l missed it on the restroom trip...
The Packers have done a great job of trying to bring back the home field advantage of the Holmgren days.
The video clips of Packer players telling the crowd to get up, make noise and support the D, and the decibel meter are both excellent ways to squelch the Wisconsin Nice and the "Down in Front!" carmudgeons. And when the whole bench and head coach are waving their arms telling us to get up, it gets a little raucous in the place!
The old, "(bamp-bamp-ba-ba-ba-bamp) GO PACK GO!!" chant is still nice, but needed some help. I'm glad it has been provided!
Am so much looking forward to having a blast at a Lambeau Field January 2022 playoff game in Titletown. Standing the whole game is not ever a problem.
Rock on PackerBackers !!!!!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Dec 2021 07:19
Turk's B.B.C. wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Am so much looking forward to having a blast at a Lambeau Field January 2022 playoff game in Titletown. Standing the whole game is not ever a problem.
Hey Ringo, you've proclaimed that you like to stand during games a half doz times, we got the message.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
01 Dec 2021 07:59
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Turk's B.B.C. wrote:

Hey Ringo, you've proclaimed that you like to stand during games a half doz times, we got the message.
Does anyone have any sympathy for short people that can't see over tall people when the whole place is standing?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Dec 2021 20:28
Yoop wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Does anyone have any sympathy for short people that can't see over tall people when the whole place is standing?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Dec 2021 20:28
Yoop wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Nope. You figure it out like you do at a concert or any other fan venue. If that means standing on the bench of the standing fan in front of me, so be it. They forfeit their right to a clean butt in that instance. :mrgreen:

And I’m not tall by any stretch. FYI