2022 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Nice to see the widespread confidence in Gutey finally ...... :woohoo:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Want to talk draft... Its a great one for the pack to hit needs with loaded position groups. WR edge and OL is stacked. Some nice cbs later also

Ive already mentioned a few wrs but I'll add Jameson Willaims and Jahon Dotson

Williams is big play all day. Long lean and 20 per ave. Dude gets open deep

Dotson will be bigger then advertised. He doesnt play like 180ish. Great hands. Nice routes and explosive.
Last edited by Backthepack4ever on 03 Dec 2021 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
03 Dec 2021 09:34
Not me. His draft record is not great. He has been good in other areas of player acquisition.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Dec 2021 21:27
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Not me. His draft record is not great. He has been good in other areas of player acquisition.
Man I think he hit some home runs in the draft.

Who has hit better. I'll take

Jaire
Gary
Savage
Jenkins
Dillon.
Stokes

Outside of an unproven love hes hit bombs early.

All those dudes are playing well. ... Some are all pros

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
03 Dec 2021 23:14
wallyuwl wrote:
03 Dec 2021 21:27
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Man I think he hit some home runs in the draft.

Who has hit better. I'll take

Jaire
Gary
Savage
Jenkins
Dillon.
Stokes

Outside of an unproven love hes hit bombs early.

All those dudes are playing well. ... Some are all pros
Also an pretty damn good hit rate on low rounders who are at least positive contributors in their roles. If we win the SB, guys like Newman, Slaton, Runyan, Keke, MVS and others will have had a hand in it.

What Gutey does not do is follow national narratives on "needs", and his big board is likely veeeery different from the media pundits' ones. If you'd like a needs picker, or someone who can help fans feel good about themselves by doing what they want, I can understand how Gutey is not to your taste. No, he hasn't hit on EVERY pick or signing. No one does.

Of course, whatever happens with Love will have a big impact on how Gutey will be viewed in the future. I don't think any 26th pick has ever been lifted to such importance. :lol: As of right now, he has built one helluva roster.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

A lot depends on whose 1st round pick we get for Rodgers. Even pick #15 or 16 should get a good WR. If there are 2 second round picks I would not object to using #48 to move up from #16.

Assuming that Bakh gets to 100% in January and that Z and Jaire return, there are not many holes. Take the BPA at #32 and #64. Maybe an extra TE in the 3rd or 4th (6'5" or more), a backup QB anywhere from the 3rd to the 7th.

It is kind of early, we don't know who will get hurt and whose injuries permanently harm their careers yet.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

TheSkeptic wrote:
04 Dec 2021 08:03
A lot depends on whose 1st round pick we get for Rodgers. Even pick #15 or 16 should get a good WR. If there are 2 second round picks I would not object to using #48 to move up from #16.

Assuming that Bakh gets to 100% in January and that Z and Jaire return, there are not many holes. Take the BPA at #32 and #64. Maybe an extra TE in the 3rd or 4th (6'5" or more), a backup QB anywhere from the 3rd to the 7th.

It is kind of early, we don't know who will get hurt and whose injuries permanently harm their careers yet.
I know we cover this every year but the get position x at pick y is almost exactly what teams Dont do. Sometimes it lines up bc of BVA but to just say get a wr at this spot or te at this one you will be disappointed.

We can all agree GB is going to draft wrs next spring but not reaching off their board. Gutey has shown he likes guys with elite numbers early. (Gary Jaire Savage all jumped out the gym)

Also lets say AR does get traded (I dont think he does but thats for another thread) I really feel its gonna come at a higher cost then a 1st and 2nd. Denver whom I'm assuming is the team here would be parting with Judey/Fant and prob more picks. Then the need to trade up would be for a game wrecker prob on D. 3 guys that are going top 10 and most likely higher that would look great in GB would be Hutchinson Karlaftis and Leal

I really like Olave but not to try and get in the top 10.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:

You are assuming Rodgers will not be back next year. AR was not ready to start when he was about as long in his development as Love is today. I hope Love will eventually be able to be an effective starter for us but he isn't right now. IMO it would be stupid with this good of a roster to get rid of our HOF QB in 2022.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

"Get rid of" implies that it's the team's decision. One part of the 'will he or won't he?' equation is certainly that team, as in the cap hit. However, even if that can be managed, the other part is AR's preference. After all the hassle going into this year, if he still wants to leave...?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Man that Jameson williams dude. Hes a stud. And is like janis on teams.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
04 Dec 2021 08:50
TheSkeptic wrote:

I know we cover this every year but the get position x at pick y is almost exactly what teams Dont do. Sometimes it lines up bc of BVA but to just say get a wr at this spot or te at this one you will be disappointed.

We can all agree GB is going to draft wrs next spring but not reaching off their board. Gutey has shown he likes guys with elite numbers early. (Gary Jaire Savage all jumped out the gym)

Also lets say AR does get traded (I dont think he does but thats for another thread) I really feel its gonna come at a higher cost then a 1st and 2nd. Denver whom I'm assuming is the team here would be parting with Judey/Fant and prob more picks. Then the need to trade up would be for a game wrecker prob on D. 3 guys that are going top 10 and most likely higher that would look great in GB would be Hutchinson Karlaftis and Leal

If the Packers win the SB and Rodgers plays well in the playoffs, the Packers might very well get more, but not in the 2022 draft. Not until 2023.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Dec 2021 10:34
Backthepack4ever wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

If the Packers win the SB and Rodgers plays well in the playoffs, the Packers might very well get more, but not in the 2022 draft. Not until 2023.
just stop, you have no idea what your talking about concerning any of this, none of us do, but for anyone to think Rodgers won't bring top trade value is about 5 bottles short of a 6 pack, again he's in the running for another MVP award, and that would make 4, has anyone ever won 4 MVP's before?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Payton has 5 MVPs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
05 Dec 2021 11:13
Payton has 5 MVPs.
Walter Payton was a heck of a RB, he deserves 6 or 7 MVP's :aok: :rotf:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

salmar80 wrote:
Payton has 5 MVPs.
Yoop wrote:
05 Dec 2021 11:18
Nice :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
05 Dec 2021 11:40
salmar80 wrote:
Payton has 5 MVPs.
Yoop wrote:
05 Dec 2021 11:18
Nice :lol:
I forgot about Manning winning 5 MVP, probably because I didn't feel he deserved all of em :beer2:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
05 Dec 2021 10:55
TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Dec 2021 10:34
Backthepack4ever wrote:

just stop, you have no idea what your talking about concerning any of this, none of us do, but for anyone to think Rodgers won't bring top trade value is about 5 bottles short of a 6 pack, again he's in the running for another MVP award, and that would make 4, has anyone ever won 4 MVP's before?
Brady has 5 MVP's. The one that matters. Montana has 3. Starr and Bradshaw have 2. Rodgers and 16 other QB's have 1.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
05 Dec 2021 12:17
I forgot about Manning winning 5 MVP, probably because I didn't feel he deserved all of em :beer2:
I feel ya, I was never a big Manning fan either.

@salmar80 kinda messed with you by spelling it Payton instead of Peyton. He owes you one. ;)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Does anyone know if the NFL gave out championship game MVP awards before the Super Bowl era?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I think Rodgers will be a Packer next year. I think everything will magically work out.