Rank the Roster 2020: #9

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 11 May 2020 08:41

Adrian Amos
13%
Corey Linsley
8%
Elgton Jenkins
75%
Darnell Savage
No votes
Kevin King
4%
Jace Sternberger
No votes
Jamaal Williams
No votes
Billy Turner
No votes
Rick Wagner
No votes
Alan Lazard
No votes
Devin Funchess
No votes
Dean Lowry
No votes
Christian Kirksey
No votes
Oren Burks
No votes
Chandon Sullivan
No votes
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
No votes
Equanimeous St. Brown
No votes
Rashan Gary
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes

Total votes: 24

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2020: #9

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2020 Edition

1. Aaron Rodgers (48%)[--]
2. Za'Darius Smith (70%)[+5]
3. Aaron Jones (43%)[+3]
4. Davante Adams (45%)[--]
5. David Bakhtiari (59%)[-3]
6. Kenny Clark (100%)[-3]
7. Jaire Alexander (74%)[-2]
8. Preston Smith (58%)[+5]
9. Current

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2019 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll.

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 10 guys, a new player is added to the list each day).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Weekend poll, runs until Monday AM.

I'm going to let the number of guys on the poll run down a bit before I add to it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I initially thought that I liked Amos here, but you guys talked me into Jenkins. Jenkins here. Amos next. Then, the King/Linsley group after that.

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I'm still sticking with Jenkins here for the same reason I picked him for the last poll.

After that, I dunno. Jenkins is the last guy on the red chip tier for me, then we get in to the solid starters. Amos, King, Linsley, and Savage belong there. I'm guessing Kirksey and possibly Wagner join as well.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm going Jenkins. He seems like the player on the list who played best last year and there's no reason to expect less.

Plus, he's clearly going to win; why fight it if there's no obvious injustice taking place

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Attachments
image.png
image.png (177.63 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

yep Jenkins again for me, should be a landslide just like Clark, 11 total pressures, minus the growing pains holding penalty's and Jenkins was a PB player.

Kings next for me, then Amos, I still think both are more then just starters, and belong grouped with the reds

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Jenkins should have started day one.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I'll go Jenkins here too, echoing a lot of what the others have already stated.

Might even go another O-line next go around, with Corey.

For the individual who voted for King, he certainly could be here, even higher as a matter of fact... the dude just can't put any consistency to his game, which is likely the result of all those injuries. One game he looks like that first round talent and the next he don't even look like the same player. I hope this is his year though.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pretty obvious choice here. The next wave should be fun to debate.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I went with Jenkins here and will go King next. He has the most production plus potential of those remaining (outside maybe a WR).

Honestly, I find it hard to argue in a debate that Jaire Alexander had a significantly larger impact in the secondary than King did which this poll suggests.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jenkins was my last two. Time to get him up there.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
08 May 2020 12:02
I went with Jenkins here and will go King next. He has the most production plus potential of those remaining (outside maybe a WR).

Honestly, I find it hard to argue in a debate that Jaire Alexander had a significantly larger impact in the secondary than King did which this poll suggests.
I dont think the poll suggests that. He is probably up for slot #10. We have around 10-11 very good players, not a canyon of difference between them. They are just a few slots apart from each other.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Yeah just a tier apart. Alexander was first to go on the red tier, King will got high on the solid starter tier. Its not like King is going to still be around with the questionable starters and high upside rookies that might find a role.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I think "Elgton" should be an official unit used to measure blocks.

A regular solid block is one "Elg". A block driving a DL back is worth ten "Elgs". A pancake block is 1000 times cooler than a regular block, hence an "Elgton". 8-)

Agree that King should go very soon. When healthy, he's a good CB2 and size-wise a good matchup vs some WRs.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Really kind of looking over this roster, guess it shouldn't be very surprising we went 13-3.

For years we talked about how we were good at a lot of places, but kind of lacked that great to elite talent. And we we seemingly have it at all the most important positions. QB, WR1, LT, DT, Edge, CB1, CB2 with a lot of other really high talent too like Jones, Elgton, and Preston.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
08 May 2020 13:00
Really kind of looking over this roster, guess it shouldn't be very surprising we went 13-3.

For years we talked about how we were good at a lot of places, but kind of lacked that great to elite talent. And we we seemingly have it at all the most important positions. QB, WR1, LT, DT, Edge, CB1, CB2 with a lot of other really high talent too like Jones, Elgton, and Preston.
Alot of the defense success depends on Kings health in my opinion. He was healthy last year, and it helped tons. I think that shows how important he actually is. Even though at times he may be fun to dog, its actually just that he wasnt available much. But i would be happy with his quality of play for years to come as long as he is available.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

BF004 wrote:
08 May 2020 13:00

This is as deep as we've been with blue chippers as long as we've done this.

Even going back to the SB year, we had:
Rodgers, Clay, Jennings, Wood, Collins as blue chippers. Harris, Raji, Clifton, Sitton, Finley were reds, maybe 1 might have snuck onto a higher tier. One of Barnett, Jordy, Jones, Driver might have gone onto the red tier.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

King has the size/athleticism to match-up with any receiver and has pretty good ball skills.

Jaire is the more refined player but King is more talented and more valuable, IMO.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
08 May 2020 12:35
go pak go wrote:
08 May 2020 12:02

I dont think the poll suggests that. He is probably up for slot #10. We have around 10-11 very good players, not a canyon of difference between them. They are just a few slots apart from each other.
There was a lot of talk about Amos going after Elgton. That would put King then a tier below IMO is that would put King at the 3rd player in the secondary and 6th player on the defense if Amos does go ahead of King.

So my comment was more about if Amos truly indeed does go ahead of King which I think is ridiculous. King deserves to be ahead of Amos.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.