General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2021 15:29
Love wasn't wearing a mask at the podium the week he started.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Dec 2021 16:19
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2021 15:29
Love wasn't wearing a mask at the podium the week he started.
He’s immuniz….er, I mean vaccinated.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
06 Dec 2021 17:33

Yeah, that was the point I was maybe not so subtly getting at. Tonight on the news they said he tested positive, so he isn't just a contact.

I wonder if any other players, and moreso coaches, will miss time from either testing positive or being a contact?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Dec 2021 18:12
APB wrote:

Yeah, that was the point I was maybe not so subtly getting at. Tonight on the news they said he tested positive, so he isn't just a contact.

I wonder if any other players, and moreso coaches, will miss time from either testing positive or being a contact?
Unlikely. They have been off all week and were tested before being allowed back in the building.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 Dec 2021 18:12
APB wrote:

Vaccinated players/coaches don’t miss time for close contact any more. If they’ve been vaxxed, the only way they sit is if they test positive. All staff were required to be vaxxed by league. Only a handful of players haven’t been vaxxed, apparently.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Looks like Benkert is going to run the practice since AR's toe is still a problem. Rodgers will start, of course, but might only practice once.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Benkert is quickly approaching TBLS status with me as he continues to take the fight to Florio. Love that guy...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

While we were sleeping, our odds at the 1-, 2-, and 3-seeds went down. Our odds for the 4th seed improved. Our odds at the division went to almost 100%. And our projected final DVOA increased a bunch--I'm assuming due to opponent adjustments as KC, Washington, Arizona, etc. seem to look like better opponents now than they have in the past.

We're still more likely to get the 1-seed than any other individual seed, but less likely to get it than Arizona.
image.png
image.png (24.88 KiB) Viewed 333 times

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think it comes down to Arizona losing 1-2 games. 1, I think is very likely, and 2, very unlikely. Also, then, comes down to us beating Baltimore on the road (assuming we win out in this scenario). Doesn't matter what happens with Tampa or Dallas then.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
07 Dec 2021 10:45
I think it comes down to Arizona losing 1-2 games. 1, I think is very likely, and 2, very unlikely. Also, then, comes down to us beating Baltimore on the road (assuming we win out in this scenario). Doesn't matter what happens with Tampa or Dallas then.
I personally think it more likely AZ loses two more games than GB losing to Baltimore. Not that I think AZ has a tough schedule, rather I think Baltimore is a very beatable team.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
07 Dec 2021 11:21
NCF wrote:
07 Dec 2021 10:45
I personally think it more likely AZ loses two more games than GB losing to Baltimore. Not that I think AZ has a tough schedule, rather I think Baltimore is a very beatable team.
So let's just do that, then. 3 losses is the official Matt LaFleur regular season cap.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Baltimore has been hit with injuries about as hard as we have, honestly.

Their elite LT, Ronnie Stanley has been out. They're down both top CBs on the year, Marcus Peters and now Marlon Humphrey, are both done for the year. Obviously their RB room got annihilated before the season even began, and they've had some WRs in and out of the lineup. And those are just the headliners of their injury issues.

Tough to imagine they can hold up in coverage against Davonte for a while game, given their circumstances. In fact, the reporting is that Harbaugh went for two Sunday against the Steelers because he didn't think his secondary could hold up in overtime. Doesn't bode well.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I want him:Image
Attachments
image.png
image.png (174.44 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is how I imagine the parting conversation went between TBLS and Benkert once TBLS was forced to move on...

"Win the crowd..."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers said on mcafee he doesn’t to practice much the rest of the year, but said he doesn’t need it and thatl be fine.

I disagree. I think my eye ball test shows he’s not as sharp without practice. So this news is unfortunate to me.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Dec 2021 18:41
Rodgers said on mcafee he doesn’t to practice much the rest of the year, but said he doesn’t need it and thatl be fine.

I disagree. I think my eye ball test shows he’s not as sharp without practice. So this news is unfortunate to me.
I think he is plenty fine.

Compensating for a Nijman, runyan, Newman and Patrick is a bit different than a Bakhtiari, Jenkins, and a Linsley

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Dec 2021 20:30
Drj820 wrote:

I think he is plenty fine.

Compensating for a Nijman, runyan, Newman and Patrick is a bit different than a Bakhtiari, Jenkins, and a Linsley
I think we see alot more evil glares because the WRs not named Cobb and Adams dont read his mind as well when he is not practicing through the week.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:

I'm not gonna lie.

I think the last 6 quarters of Rodgers play has been MVP level. Everything before that was meh.

He is finally getting into a groove.

He is playing really, really well. Especially because I would consider our Oline is entering "bad" territory.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
08 Dec 2021 05:07
Drj820 wrote:

I'm not gonna lie.

I think the last 6 quarters of Rodgers play has been MVP level. Everything before that was meh.

He is finally getting into a groove.

He is playing really, really well. Especially because I would consider our Oline is entering "bad" territory.
Boy, you just can't keep from harping on this o-line thing.

They went up against one of the best defensive fronts with multiple players missing and still held up to allow a 36 pt performance from the offense. 36 points, mind you, and they left points on the field. They put up 31 points the week prior and, again, left points on the field.

I know, I know...Rodgers, Dillon, blah, blah blah.

Fact is, the o-line unit has performed within the scheme of the offense to allow the offense to put up ample points. Sacks and pressures have been limited, run gaps have been decent albeit they did struggle, at times, against LA's premier front (shocker) although points have been plenty. All from a unit that continues to be decimated by injuries.

Again, I don't know what your expectation is but, in my eyes, this o-line is performing just fine and will likely be much better moving forward with the pending returns of Bahk and Myers. Maybe that will cede the tide of hand-wringing...but I doubt it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

From Demovsky over at ESPN:
The Packers rank 29th in ESPN’s Football Power Index special teams rankings.

They’re probably lucky to be that high.

The return game has yielded few big plays -- ranking 29th in kickoff return average and 32nd in punt return average. While their new punter Corey Bojorquez ranks fourth in the league in net yard average, the field goal unit is a mess. Despite another missed field goal -- Mason Crosby’s eighth of the season -- the game before the bye, first-year coordinator Mo Drayton sounded optimistic a missed field goal won’t doom their season.

“We are encouraged,” Drayton said. “I physically see the operation getting better. It’s never OK to miss a kick. We all know that, we understand that, but there are improvements that we can physically see. It’s going to yield results, it’s yielding results. You’re supposed to celebrate every win because they’re hard to come by in the National Football League, but that last kick, it just dug at me a little bit and I really couldn’t celebrate the way I wanted to. But we’re going to get it.”
I don't know who ranks 30-32 in the ST rankings but they must really, really suck.