General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I think this is much more about EQSB's time to shine than anything.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
09 Dec 2021 15:14
I hate going back to this well again because I have been burned so far, but it's cold, it's December... could also be time for A LOT more Dominique Dafney.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
09 Dec 2021 15:16
go pak go wrote:
I hate going back to this well again because I have been burned so far, but it's cold, it's December... could also be time for A LOT more Dominique Dafney.
On 2nd rewatch of the Rams game I did notice him!

He was clapping really hard when Krys Barnes recovered the fumble on the punt return. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
6 catches in 10 targets even with Adams, Valdes-Scantling, and Lazard all missing time. I would say it is more about those latter 3 than St. Brown.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
09 Dec 2021 14:45
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

Jaire should be playing a LOT of slot when he comes back as long as he can be relied to tackle. I think it would be good to switch up some but we actually have CBs that can make Jaw a lot more versatile.

And they need to take advantage of that.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Dec 2021 15:18
go pak go wrote:
6 catches in 10 targets even with Adams, Valdes-Scantling, and Lazard all missing time. I would say it is more about those latter 3 than St. Brown.
EQSB > Lazard.

I know you love him. But the tides are turnin.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Dec 2021 15:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
EQSB > Lazard.

Lazard has not been good at all the last month. No denying it. It has nothing to do with love or hate or anything. It never has and never will. It has to do with what is actually happening. Representing the situation as it actually is. Lazard's snap count has barely wavered all season. St. Brown becomes low man on the totem pole when receivers are healthy. Targets are still very in favor of Lazard. There is just nothing that points to such an absurd statement at this point.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Dec 2021 16:03
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

EQSB > Lazard.

Lazard has not been good at all the last month. No denying it. It has nothing to do with love or hate or anything. It never has and never will. It has to do with what is actually happening. Representing the situation as it actually is. Lazard's snap count has barely wavered all season. St. Brown becomes low man on the totem pole when receivers are healthy. Targets are still very in favor of Lazard. There is just nothing that points to such an absurd statement at this point.
Right.

But Cobb's not healthy no more. Making EQSB go from #4/#5 WR to #3/#4 WR. His snap count will increase.

Add the fact that Lazard has been struggling, EQSB is a great blocker, plays like a mad man on STs and is making the plays when they are there (only things he didn't do was a bullsh*t OPI vs Chicago and didn't catch the Antonio Freeman style catch vs LA Rams)....I suspect the tide is turning.

As long as Rodgers looks his way.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
I like your position pick, but Deguara would be the guy I think needs to step up more. Exploit that seam, especially off of play action. Take over the middle of the field.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Dec 2021 16:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Dec 2021 16:03
go pak go wrote:

EQSB > Lazard.

Right.

But Cobb's not healthy no more. Making EQSB go from #4/#5 WR to #3/#4 WR. His snap count will increase.

Add the fact that Lazard has been struggling, EQSB is a great blocker, plays like a mad man on STs and is making the plays when they are there (only things he didn't do was a bullsh*t OPI vs Chicago and didn't catch the Antonio Freeman style catch vs LA Rams)....I suspect the tide is turning.

As long as Rodgers looks his way.
St. Brown goes from #5 to #4. When everyone was healthy he was the clear #5 in week 12. Now with Cobb (and when he went out) out St. Brown is the clear #4. Snap counts show this. Targets show this. It would be great if he did start lighting it up, but there is little that says has become the #3 wide receiver in our offense. If snap counts and targets start fluctuating in his favor, then there is something to go off of, but that has yet to happen.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
I like your position pick, but Deguara would be the guy I think needs to step up more. Exploit that seam, especially off of play action. Take over the middle of the field.
Yeah, in terms of production, I agree. I was speaking more about snaps, in general. I think with Cobb out we could… and maybe should a little less 3-wide.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
09 Dec 2021 16:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
NCF wrote:

Yeah, in terms of production, I agree. I was speaking more about snaps, in general. I think with Cobb out we could… and maybe should a little less 3-wide.
22, 21, and 12 personnel!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

No I want to stick with 4 WR and have Jones and Dillon on the field at the same time.

I love 4 WR with Dillon as the HB. If the defense has a light box to defend the WRs....smash it with Dillon. If the defense brings that safety up to stop the run, over the top to Adams or MVS.

I think 4 WR sets is our strength right now
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
09 Dec 2021 17:32
No I want to stick with 4 WR and have Jones and Dillon on the field at the same time.

I love 4 WR with Dillon as the HB. If the defense has a light box to defend the WRs....smash it with Dillon. If the defense brings that safety up to stop the run, over the top to Adams or MVS.

[mention]Yoop[/mention] does not approve of this message.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
09 Dec 2021 17:32

We have 43 snaps of 4 wide all season. It is definitely a valuable wrinkle, but far from our strength. 11 personnel is where we live 59% of the time, followed by 12 personnel 29% of the time. Our most successful groupings are 21 and then 12.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I totally forgot about this site BTW: https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/home.html

A wealth of information.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

This should give Labreve a chubby :lol:

Gary is earning his paycheck, is on pace for 70 or more pressures

PFF grade: 82.3 (11th among edge rushers)

Gary has 50 total pressures, tied for the seventh-most among edge rushers, and his 12 quarterback hits rank fourth at the position group. He’s also produced 17 defensive stops and two forced fumbles.

Heres the other top 9 PFF graded Packers

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... -12-games/

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Watch this.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
10 Dec 2021 08:01
Watch this.
$%@# it... add James Campen's name to the facade. That was awesome.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

...like really, REALLY awesome!