Week 14 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
10 Dec 2021 08:50
go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2021 05:43
Glad to see MN win.
Ummm... I see 5 or 6 responses to your post and it looks like you need a friend, here. I agree with you completely. Minnesota toiling in mediocrity is the ultimate win for the Packers. If we have to wait another week to clinch a playoff spot, so be it. If we see these bums in the playoffs, we should be celebrating. This notion that we have to put the big, scary purple monster to bed is completely perplexing to me. LaFleur has now lost two in a row to these guys, but we get a chance to right the ship again the first week of January. Color me tickled pink.
Its not about fear of the Vikings for me. They make the playoffs or not, doesn't matter to me. I'm just not going to be happy they won unless it helps us in some way.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
10 Dec 2021 09:12
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Glad to see MN win.
Ummm... I see 5 or 6 responses to your post and it looks like you need a friend, here. I agree with you completely. Minnesota toiling in mediocrity is the ultimate win for the Packers. If we have to wait another week to clinch a playoff spot, so be it. If we see these bums in the playoffs, we should be celebrating. This notion that we have to put the big, scary purple monster to bed is completely perplexing to me. LaFleur has now lost two in a row to these guys, but we get a chance to right the ship again the first week of January. Color me tickled pink.
Its not about fear of the Vikings for me. They make the playoffs or not, doesn't matter to me. I'm just not going to be happy they won unless it helps us in some way.
Like Yoho said...it's all about creating that market for Rodgers. If the Steelers think they are a QB away.... 8-)

Plus...when MN is at this point, I would rather have them be mediocre rather than completely failing and get a better chance to tear it down. I like my North teams to be 8-9. Every year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2021 08:51
Drj820 wrote:
10 Dec 2021 07:49
seeing how MN has already beat us once I dont understand why we should pull for them when their wins just increase the chances we see them in the playoffs as they could very well be the 6 or 7 seed
And if Mason misses the FG vs SF like he did vs MN we would be playing the 9ers who beat us too.

I don't get the fear in MN at all guys. We clearly outplayed them even short handed. We were in Cousins's face all day. He just had "one of those days" where he could do no wrong...even when he did do wrong.

Packers need to win two games to clinch the North. 2.

If we don't win the North, we got worse problems than the Steelers not ending the Vikings season.
I dont fear MN either really, but they did beat us and Justin Jefferson terrorized us. I see no advantage in pulling for them to win games against AFC opponents. None.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Glad to see MN win.
thats kind of how it used to work when youd watch your rivals play ha

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2021 09:16
paco wrote:
NCF wrote:

Like Yoho said...it's all about creating that market for Rodgers. If the Steelers think they are a QB away.... 8-)

Plus...when MN is at this point, I would rather have them be mediocre rather than completely failing and get a better chance to tear it down. I like my North teams to be 8-9. Every year.
It's not a fear of the Vikings as much as it is simply clinching the division, and being able to rest injured players going forward.

and why would Rodgers want to play for Pitts., people seem to forget, or maybe I'am mistaken, but Rodgers has a right to refuse to be traded to a team he doesn't want to go to, and after watching that miserable first half performance, why would he wish to go there?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Dec 2021 09:42
I see no advantage in pulling for them to win games against AFC opponents. None.
To me, mediocrity is a far less envious position than dumpster fire. As others said, keep them right around .500 and they are of no concern to me. Not now. Not next year. Not for the foreseeable future.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Overall the game last night from the Packers perspective was worthless, meaningless. We do not need MN to drop games to win the North. We can do that easily on our own by just winning 2 of the next 5 games. We do not need to wish MN to miss the playoffs as they are no more of a threat than the Saints, 49ers or Washington.

If you are the type that likes to see your rivals lose...awesome. Fan how you want to fan. I am the type who wants to see my team succeed and could care less how my rivals do as long as my team is doing better. Honestly I like my rivals to be in mediocre purgatory rather than have an elevated chance at being top 5/10 draft pick and strike it hot.

I didn't watch last night's game. I am not going to watch any of the highlights. I was glad MN won for the reasons I spoke of but I put no thought or time in that game because we got bigger fish to fry.

And yes. I do think about the 2022 offseason market for QBs. There will likely be two big name QBs on the trade block with Wilson and Rodgers. The more teams that are in the mix who think they are a "QB away" the better for the Packers and Seahawks. So I will always cheer for that.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Lamar Jackson carted off the field with an ankle injury. Our job next week may have just gotten easier.
Last edited by mnpackerbacker on 12 Dec 2021 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Dallas putting on a show today.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
10 Dec 2021 10:06
Overall the game last night from the Packers perspective was worthless, meaningless. We do not need MN to drop games to win the North. We can do that easily on our own by just winning 2 of the next 5 games. We do not need to wish MN to miss the playoffs as they are no more of a threat than the Saints, 49ers or Washington.

If you are the type that likes to see your rivals lose...awesome. Fan how you want to fan. I am the type who wants to see my team succeed and could care less how my rivals do as long as my team is doing better. Honestly I like my rivals to be in mediocre purgatory rather than have an elevated chance at being top 5/10 draft pick and strike it hot.

I didn't watch last night's game. I am not going to watch any of the highlights. I was glad MN won for the reasons I spoke of but I put no thought or time in that game because we got bigger fish to fry.

And yes. I do think about the 2022 offseason market for QBs. There will likely be two big name QBs on the trade block with Wilson and Rodgers. The more teams that are in the mix who think they are a "QB away" the better for the Packers and Seahawks. So I will always cheer for that.
I don't want to see the Vikes even sniff the playoffs (sorry Rap) just like any of our rivals are not thrilled to see out continued success.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man the Bucs are kicking a$$ too.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
12 Dec 2021 17:00
woof.

What happened to the Bills?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Dec 2021 17:11
go pak go wrote:
woof.

Teams that haven’t handed the ball off to a running back in the game when it’s the third quarter don’t succeed in December and January.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
woof.

Just seems like the whole AFC is collapsing isn't it?

Looks like the Chiefs conference to lose again. Also, once again the Chiefs defense showing how good they are.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Bucs are scary.

They just scheme up well against us.

Quick rush and molest receivers in the first 5-10 yeards

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Dec 2021 17:29
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
woof.

Looks like the Chiefs conference to lose again. Also, once again the Chiefs defense showing how good they are.
Patriots may would like a word

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Dec 2021 17:40
go pak go wrote:
12 Dec 2021 17:29
YoHoChecko wrote:

woof.

Patriots may would like a word
Yup. Chiefs are currently the third seed.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bucs look a little scary to me

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah Tampa has probably the easiest remaining schedule.

GB will likely need to win out to hope for the top seed.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bills with the ball in TB territory. Have a chance to make a game of it at least.
Yoop wrote: