General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Maybe its not Lazard, but I think majority of the guys on the team besides the Linemen are "capable" of fielding punts. The overlooked skill needed to do it well is "composure". Malik Taylor has shown he doesnt not have that composure, an example of this would be one of the more bone headed plays I have ever seen in my life just last night on the KOR. Amari is showing he doesnt have the composure to do what needs to be done. I would not trust MVS back there either. Adams is a little too valuable to have back there potentially getting killed. Honestly Concussed EQ hasnt shown the composure either.

There is one guy Id imagine would have the composure to just field the punt and let that be it. I wouldnt even want him to ever try to return it...Adrian Amos?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I don't understand why they don't have Cobb fielding punts.

For kickoffs I don't think Cobb has the speed anymore. Surely someone does who won't choke like Malik Taylor and does not fumble. Blazing speed is often the difference between 20 yards and and 99, so why not Stokes? A RB is unlikely to fumble and might break a tackle, so why not Patrick Taylor? There is a RB and a WR and a CB on the PS, let them audition.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

via Wikipedia, I see WI-native Rick Wagner is still an option available to us. Though I wonder if our first move is to elevate Ben Braden.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Dec 2021 16:41
I don't understand why they don't have Cobb fielding punts.

For kickoffs I don't think Cobb has the speed anymore. Surely someone does who won't choke like Malik Taylor and does not fumble. Blazing speed is often the difference between 20 yards and and 99, so why not Stokes? A RB is unlikely to fumble and might break a tackle, so why not Patrick Taylor? There is a RB and a WR and a CB on the PS, let them audition.
They looked like they thought about that two games ago. He muffed his first try. Then he got hurt.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think we should give Tyley Ervin a call and tell him that is his only job. I would have catching punts from Borques day after day in practice. Dont even have him with working with the offense at practice

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The 1-seed is the most likely outcome for us again (though they still have Tampa as more likely to get it, at 45%)
image.png
image.png (33.49 KiB) Viewed 476 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2021 09:37
The 1-seed is the most likely outcome for us again (though they still have Tampa as more likely to get it, at 45%)

image.png
Thanks for continually posting these, Yoho :aok:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Redskins signed Nate Orchard off our PS.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
14 Dec 2021 11:00
Redskins signed Nate Orchard off our PS.
I vaguely recall hearing that name in draft stuff and in our PS news, but not much more than that. Good for Nate. Go plant your orchards wherever they may grow.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Guessing ESB and/or Taylor going to miss some time.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not bad for a guy that should have been cut in his 2nd year. 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

MLF looking at playing more veterans on ST:

https://www.packers.com/news/personnel- ... cial-teams
Head Coach Matt LaFleur suggested Monday that one potential change for the Packers' struggling special teams could be to employ more veteran regulars on offense and defense in the third phase.
LaFleur used the example of cornerback Rasul Douglas, who has become a significant playmaker as a defensive starter, but also stepped in against the Bears on punt return as a jammer, who blocks the opponent's gunner.

Early in the fourth quarter, Douglas "baited the gunner to run directly out of bounds without touching him," LaFleur said. The penalty on the Bears nullified Amari Rodgers' muff of the punt, leading to a re-kick and the Packers keeping possession rather than suffering a potentially game-changing turnover.

"That was just a very savvy play by such a pro … paying attention to detail and taking the coaching and knowing that guy had a tendency of doing that, and drawing that penalty."
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
14 Dec 2021 11:48
Isn't this ESB's second concussion this year? If so that is concerning.

I just noticed in your avatar Rodgers' has Morton's Toe like I do. I guess only 22% of the population have this anomaly. And I still suspect he broke his pinkie toe by stubbing it at home on a chair/table leg when he was quarantined for COVID. :injury:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
14 Dec 2021 13:19
paco wrote:
14 Dec 2021 11:48
Isn't this ESB's second concussion this year? If so that is concerning.

I just noticed in your avatar Rodgers' has Morton's Toe like I do. I guess only 22% of the population have this anomaly. And I still suspect he broke his pinkie toe by stubbing it at home on a chair/table leg when he was quarantined for COVID. :injury:
Me too Pugger.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Time to end a pretty good streak.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
15 Dec 2021 08:05
Time to end a pretty good streak.

Show me things that matter for this Sunday!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Not insignificant.

Read More. Post Less.