Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
14 Dec 2021 19:27
YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Dec 2021 12:44
What Yoop is saying is that given Rodgers' blatant and intentional strategic dishonesty toward the media earlier this year, coming away from a meeting with him raving about his honesty might be evidence that they were overrating their impressions of him in a meeting relative to the full picture. I know what they mean is that after things come out--both when he returned to the team and then with the covid stuff, he speaks very plainly and openly and transparently in a way that feels refreshing.

But determining that that indicates he's being the most honest or that you can get a realistic feel for his inner workings based on that staged, limited time around him... seems like a stretch to people
You mean a player wasn't honest with the press. Turnabout is fair play. If the press were honest 100% of the time with players it would be one thing............
don't hand me this tit for tat stuff, the press isn't responsible to report any more then the info given to them, where as a player is the info driver, what he says matters, it's either true or false, the gray stuff is simply hedging on reality.
MaCaffey wanted confirmation that Rodgers loved being a Packer, and even though it seems obvious Rodgers does, he wouldn't confirm it because he's not sure who he'll be playing for next year, MaCaffey had to ask the question, and from his reaction he got the answer he expected, dumb question actually.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

The question clearly said “right now” and Rodgers still deflected. What a douche.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Dec 2021 20:58
Raptorman wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
What Yoop is saying is that given Rodgers' blatant and intentional strategic dishonesty toward the media earlier this year, coming away from a meeting with him raving about his honesty might be evidence that they were overrating their impressions of him in a meeting relative to the full picture. I know what they mean is that after things come out--both when he returned to the team and then with the covid stuff, he speaks very plainly and openly and transparently in a way that feels refreshing.

But determining that that indicates he's being the most honest or that you can get a realistic feel for his inner workings based on that staged, limited time around him... seems like a stretch to people
You mean a player wasn't honest with the press. Turnabout is fair play. If the press were honest 100% of the time with players it would be one thing............
don't hand me this tit for tat stuff, the press isn't responsible to report any more then the info given to them, where as a player is the info driver, what he says matters, it's either true or false, the gray stuff is simply hedging on reality.
MaCaffey wanted confirmation that Rodgers loved being a Packer, and even though it seems obvious Rodgers does, he wouldn't confirm it because he's not sure who he'll be playing for next year, MaCaffey had to ask the question, and from his reaction he got the answer he expected, dumb question actually.
There is not a question on that show that is designed to be Big J journalism between Pat and Rodgers. Pat, Rodgers, Hawk, and "the boys" have a great quid pro pro relationship. Rodgers on the show every Tuesday constantly puts Mcafee in the viral sound bite mix and it helps his ratings, while Rodgers has a stage to repair his image and talk about the things he cares about unfiltered. McAfee didnt "have to ask a question". The question and the response were staged, and the desired outcome was for the situation/the Pat Mcafee Show/and Aaron Rodgers to be discussed in the media and in places like this.

In My Opinion.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

As if a reporter was never the Driver of the information. How many times have we seen a story come out only to find out later that it was not the truth?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
15 Dec 2021 01:33
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

As if a reporter was never the Driver of the information. How many times have we seen a story come out only to find out later that it was not the truth?
and you don't see a difference between the Pat McAffery show, which is mostly designed as entertainment, and main street news, well at least most main street news, network news is suppose to report, not create, and I'll leave it at that :)
Last edited by Yoop on 15 Dec 2021 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Dec 2021 21:20
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

There is not a question on that show that is designed to be Big J journalism between Pat and Rodgers. Pat, Rodgers, Hawk, and "the boys" have a great quid pro pro relationship. Rodgers on the show every Tuesday constantly puts Mcafee in the viral sound bite mix and it helps his ratings, while Rodgers has a stage to repair his image and talk about the things he cares about unfiltered. McAfee didnt "have to ask a question". The question and the response were staged, and the desired outcome was for the situation/the Pat Mcafee Show/and Aaron Rodgers to be discussed in the media and in places like this.

In My Opinion.
well put :aok:

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

lake shark wrote:
14 Dec 2021 21:17
The question clearly said “right now” and Rodgers still deflected. What a douche.
He is not a douche for his interviews about himself.
No one has the right to force anyone of us to give up personal views and thoughts and Information . If you believe they do look in the mirror before calling out someone else.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

JKB wrote:
15 Dec 2021 16:43
No one has the right to force anyone of us to give up personal views and thoughts and Information .
They pay Rodgers good money, he's an employee, he may very well had the legal duty to say he loves the Packers due to some representation-clause. But this is not about it. How deeply hostile must Rodgers feel against the Packers to even deny them some empty courtesy? And if this is just tactics, how messed up must be the relationship so that Rodgers needs to play mind games instead of having honest conversations with the management? Note, that I do not pass the buck to Rodgers - very well possible that it's Murphy & his gang who do fail here - I just say that it looks Rodgers is done like it looked months ago, everyone seemingly just agreed to hold tight during the season. That sucks because this team could be a back-to-back SB winner potentially.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

He gets torn apart for being less than truthful and called a douche for not blatantly telling a lie.

Damned if do.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think some of you are hell bent on getting your underoos in a twist for just about anything.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Dec 2021 21:20
The question and the response were staged, and the desired outcome was for the situation/the Pat Mcafee Show/and Aaron Rodgers to be discussed in the media and in places like this.

In My Opinion.
I haven't seen the particular question and answer being talked about here.

But they are talking about AR on Speak for Yourself today (not specifically about anything he said with Pat McAfee), about whether he would stay in GB if the won the SB. If the goal is to be talked about, it has been accomplished.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
14 Dec 2021 17:09
My interpretation of that answer: he did not want to say "Yes(, I am happy to be a Green Bay Packer)" and then have to eat his words if he and/or the team decide they should part ways after this season.

Definitely being non-commital, which I don't have a problem with. It does make me slightly less convinced he will stick around after this year.
Just watched the clip. To me, it isn't about what he said in response to the question but his body language and facial expression. But he has been working on his acting, so maybe this is all entertainment and a bit of a game to AR. I guess that is the big question - legit or planned.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The only way he will be playing for someone outside of the state of Wisconsin is if Gute trades him this offseason. He has another year on his contract. We shall see...

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
16 Dec 2021 18:05
The only way he will be playing for someone outside of the state of Wisconsin is if Gute trades him this offseason. He has another year on his contract. We shall see...
Yeah, but he can force a trade if he wants. He got a first hand look at how to do it in 2008.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Dec 2021 15:41
Labrev wrote:
14 Dec 2021 17:09
My interpretation of that answer: he did not want to say "Yes(, I am happy to be a Green Bay Packer)" and then have to eat his words if he and/or the team decide they should part ways after this season.

Definitely being non-commital, which I don't have a problem with. It does make me slightly less convinced he will stick around after this year.
Just watched the clip. To me, it isn't about what he said in response to the question but his body language and facial expression. But he has been working on his acting, so maybe this is all entertainment and a bit of a game to AR. I guess that is the big question - legit or planned.
he has to play coy, if he says he hopes to be a Packer till he retires he probably feels that Guty will be advantaged, and it will hurt him with a contract extension, if he actually says this is his last season as a Packer some of his team mates may lose faith in him.

It's hard to take anything serious on the McAffery show, it specializes in entertaining football fans, and at that I think it's successful, it's 3 days later and where still talking about it. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The future wasn't the topic of the question...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I do not find that interview newsworthy; a bit surprised it's blowing up this thread.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:27
I do not find that interview newsworthy; a bit surprised it's blowing up this thread.
Really? :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:25
of course it was, why do you always have to be so contrite? of course he loves the freaking GB Packers, there is a difference between who is running the team versus simply the team, and anyone that doesn't think he loves this team has a screw lose, quit playing word games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:25
of course it was, why do you always have to be so contrite? of course he loves the freaking GB Packers, there is a difference between who is running the team versus simply the team, and anyone that doesn't think he loves this team has a screw lose, quit playing word games.
First, may want to look up the definition of contrite...

Second, this was almost verbatim the question: "So you love being a Green Bay Packer right now?" That is not a question about his future.

Third, I am not sure how defining the words, "right now" as the present and not the future, is playing word games...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."