Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
13 Dec 2021 18:25
Tyler Higbee and Jalen Ramsey placed on Covid list today and are out tonight.

The potential for a Rams upset tonight just got a lot tougher.
:banana:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
14 Dec 2021 06:27
APB wrote:
13 Dec 2021 18:12
Is postponement of games due to team infection breakouts still on the table for the league? Like they did last year?
Nope. Forfeiture and docked pay is… for both teams scheduled.
I thought that was only for teams that did not meet the vaccination quota? To my knowledge, all teams have met and/or surpassed that requirement.

It would appear this positive covid breakout event is happening among vaccinated players. To punish them by forfeiting games and docking game checks after complying doesn't sound like it'll fly.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
APB wrote:
Is postponement of games due to team infection breakouts still on the table for the league? Like they did last year?
The forfeiture and docked pay option was if a game is forced to be missed--which didn't happen last year. It was a highly unlikely scenario adopted and reported to scare teams and players into compliance (which is fine, I don't mean to knock it). Moving games was never ruled out. But it's been clear that they aren't going to do it unless they absolutely have to.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2021 09:40
NCF wrote:
APB wrote:
The forfeiture and docked pay option was if a game is forced to be missed--which didn't happen last year. It was a highly unlikely scenario adopted and reported to scare teams and players into compliance (which is fine, I don't mean to knock it). Moving games was never ruled out. But it's been clear that they aren't going to do it unless they absolutely have to.
Here's the summary from what the league put out. It does specify unvaccinated players, but doesn't specify what that number is. Still mentions if a game cannot be rescheduled, neither team gets paid.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-o ... elled-game

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
14 Dec 2021 11:29
YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Dec 2021 09:40
NCF wrote:

Here's the summary from what the league put out. It does specify unvaccinated players, but doesn't specify what that number is. Still mentions if a game cannot be rescheduled, neither team gets paid.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-o ... elled-game
Here is a Pelissero tweet from July of this year. I think the forfeiture stipulation is based purely on unvaccinated breakouts. This doesn't seem to be what is happening currently.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Controversial Take: Tampa Bay will get bounced in the Wild Card or Divisional Rounds.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Dec 2021 12:09
Controversial Take: Tampa Bay will get bounced in the Wild Card or Divisional Rounds.
Not sure any team getting bounced at any point should be controversial at this point. But sure would be nice.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The guidance also says clearly “if a game cannot be rescheduled…” which indicates that before forfeiture and pay docking, attempts to reschedule will be made. So yes, the NFL policy allows for rescheduling games in the event of Covid outbreaks, just as it did last year.

It has, thus far, chosen not to do so, and to let teams deal with the Covid absences. But rescheduling is still an option, which is what I understand the original question in this conversation to be about.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Just realized our Xmas day game is at 1:30. Thats prime family time on Christmas Day for my fam, and Im the only packers fan. I could see the nfl giving us 2 games on Christmas and starting them at like 4:30 and 8, but I’m not a fan of the full invasion of the day on a non traditional NFL game day.

This post may be Karen-esque, but I dont like It :swear:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Dec 2021 15:47
Just realized our Xmas day game is at 1:30. Thats prime family time on Christmas Day for my fam, and Im the only packers fan. I could see the nfl giving us 2 games on Christmas and starting them at like 4:30 and 8, but I’m not a fan of the full invasion of the day on a non traditional NFL game day.

You're on the west coast?

The game is 3:30 CST.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:

West coast? It looks like a 3:30 kick to me.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Dec 2021 16:16
Drj820 wrote:

You're on the west coast?

The game is 3:30 CST.
Okay okay i knew that seemed too weird. 4:30 (eastern time) works very well for my plans. I take it back!

This is what tricked me. I play fantasy in yahoo and GB is my defense and I just opened the app and looked at that game and it said 1:30, yahoo must be based in Cali!
Attachments
384F13B3-4E92-45A6-8DAF-0B7D29DE85D7.png
384F13B3-4E92-45A6-8DAF-0B7D29DE85D7.png (345.37 KiB) Viewed 326 times

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Browns placed TE Austin Hooper on the reserve/COVID list.

Jarvis Landry, G Wyatt Teller, OT Jedrick Wills, G Drew Forbes, DE Takkarist McKinley, WR JoJo Natson, and Ross Travis are among the other players who Cleveland placed on the COVID list Tuesday afternoon. It's unclear if the Browns will even be able to field a team on Saturday against the Raiders. As it stands, they'll be without all three of their tight ends, both starting tackles and starting guards, and Landry if they do.
Relating to the earlier discussion on whether game postponements are still on the NFL table of options, I wonder where the line will be drawn? Cleveland, in the middle of a division and playoff battle, would be seriously hampered in trying to field a team should those placed on the Covid reserve list today not clear protocols by Saturday. A pushback to, say, Monday might be enough to get some players back.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Browns getting hammered by COVID.

Stefanksi and Mayfield both, along with 12 other players currently in COVID protocol.

Not insignificant given we play the Browns in 10 days. Might still have a few guys out or a few guys not at 100%.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Nfl should play their game on Monday if they care about integrity of the game more than tv money partners

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Dec 2021 09:02
Nfl should play their game on Monday if they care about integrity of the game more than tv money partners
:rotf: That's funny, caring about something more than money.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Is there anyone specifically that would benefit?

Not following it close, like Stefanksi or Baker specifically, might they be eligible in an extra day?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
15 Dec 2021 09:58
Is there anyone specifically that would benefit?

Not following it close, like Stefanksi or Baker specifically, might they be eligible in an extra day?
Baker just needs two negative tests to play. They are scheduled to play Saturday. I’m sure two more days to get those two negative tests would help his chances.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

one of Packer fans fav people might step back and let real football people run the Chicago Bears, god forbid :lol:

Iike Detroit, the Bears are thinking of cleaning house, and getting rid of what seems to be the biggest problem, the old old people that own and run there team

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-bea ... 47415.html